rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Masdinero is moving to the DR

So after spending a few weeks in the DR, I returned to the real world. My shitty job, cold weather, bitchy girlfriend and annoying american girls.

I booked my ticket today. I am moving to the DR in one week. I need to pack my things, sell my car, quit my job and move out when my girlfriend is at work. I don't want to deal with the drama. I will also probably max out my credit cards.

Can't wait to start my new life in the DR!!!

Congrats!

Move out when your gf is at work...[Image: biggrin.gif]

Please post updates regularly.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

That's the spirit. Good luck!

Ballsy.

I like it.

I can totally relate, since I've been feeling blue since returning from EA/SEA for vacation. I generally like my job, but it's been feeling insufferable since coming back.

I'll be headed back to DR for President's Day weekend--booked the flight earlier this week.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

how long can you hold out there?

Nice. If you need any advice, let me know.

I lived there for 8 months a few years back and have travelled the whole country extensively.

if you planning to hang around Bavaro area let me know
my buddy has some apartment buildings ....and knows the landscape
send pm if you serious ....

The Caribbean=Summer the whole year
[Image: Punta%20Cana%204_tcm120-12906.jpg]

Way to go, also like in many parts in the world, if you try marry there, look for the most rural and isolate parts in the country, small towns that many times don't have communication, they are usually more submissive and easy to go, and if you tell her you come from outside they will see you 5 points better, the educated more wealthy are not very different from feminists in USA.

PS:
DR is the country where thick tights, big asses and camel toes are prised.
[Image: 2751693756_e5e89859f7.jpg]

Congratulation man. Now I live in SD because I work here, but I am planing to quit my job this year, travel for a year or so and then come back here... But without my 9 to 5 job. See you in the island

Thanks for all the support. I am tired of my life here and need to make a change. I spending most of my free time talking to girls on badoo or tagged. Daydreaming about life in the DR. I am so excited to be moving there. I will update the thread with my progress.

Gotta respect a man for making a bold move like that! Make sure you send your ex a postcard.

Quote: (01-16-2014 05:31 PM)Masdinero Wrote:  

I booked my ticket today. I am moving to the DR in one week. I need to pack my things, sell my car, quit my job and move out when my girlfriend is at work.

Hahaha, YES!!!

I love pulling shit like this before moving to a new country!

Have done two midnight runs from past employers.

(Just to be clear, when you're teaching English abroad, you often have to pull this shit because otherwise your boss will withhold your final month's pay. Plus in Korea, they actually own and can access your apartment and will just cause havoc if you say you want to leave, anyway....).

In Taipei I was on the plane one hour before I was meant to be in class. I sent my boss a text saying "I'm on a plane to Thailand. Go fuck yourself :-D".

In Korea I got a plane out on a Saturday morning. The following Monday morning was actually April fool's day.

I wonder how long it took for my 'joke' disappearance to lose its humor.

Anyway, ballsy decision, subscribed.

Did your boss respond?

Quote: (01-17-2014 10:55 AM)RioNomad Wrote:  

Did your boss respond?

About a month ago I was having a beer outside the 7-11 in Soi 11 and his wife sent me an email swearing at me and telling me "Taiwan doesn't welcome you anymore"

I was gonna send her back a photo of me with twenty cigarettes in my mouth and a pair of sunglasses on for some reason, but I just replied with 'MEGA LOLZ'

She was a massive racist. The guy before me was black and she refereed to him as 'Obama' and said "He will get better at teaching when his face becomes whiter".

Her son put a bag of poo on his foot once too

Ah, the life of the perpetual traveler

Anyway, I've gone off on one again lol,

Dominic Republic, discuss:

My parents have a timeshare in the DR, so I have been going there for years. I just got back from my trip and my girlfriend keeps giving me shit. We have been fighting all week. Of course, I will send her pictures of me and some hot dominican girls soon. Monday, she is going to go crazy, when I move out.

All I can say is have a great time, and whatever you do, DON'T CHICKEN OUT! If you do, it will be the biggest regret of your life when you look back.

That's badass man. Respect for dictating your own life. Let me know when you are here and we can meet up

Quote: (01-16-2014 09:19 PM)JJ Roberts Wrote:  

I lived there for 8 months a few years back and have travelled the whole country extensively.

Can Americans usually find work there if they search? If a modest income isn't out of the question I'd consider trying to make a long-term jump there myself.

This has me in tears!!!

"All My Bitches love me....I love all my bitches,
but its like soon as I cum... I come to my senses."

Awesome man.

Quote: (01-17-2014 03:34 PM)Saga Wrote:  

Quote: (01-16-2014 09:19 PM)JJ Roberts Wrote:  

Can Americans usually find work there if they search? If a modest income isn't out of the question I'd consider trying to make a long-term jump there myself.

Never looked for work there myself but I met a few american expats who were living there and seemed to be doing ok.

For all the guys that have quit their job and moved to the DR:

What is a proper roll to go down there with if you plan to stay extensively? And what kind of work is available down there?

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

I am going down with $3,000 and will have another $3,000 to $4,000 when I sell my car. The most common jobs would be teaching english or working in a call center, but the pay sucks. around $2.50 an hour. My plan is to start my own business.

Yes the pay sucks @masdineeo but if you score a good teaching gig maybe you can live comfortably like some locals do. There are also jobs you can do online. I know a guy who gets paid writing book reviews. They pay him via his pay pal account, the amount I forgot. Good luck!

Quote: (01-18-2014 09:13 AM)Masdinero Wrote:  

I am going down with $3,000 and will have another $3,000 to $4,000 when I sell my car. The most common jobs would be teaching english or working in a call center, but the pay sucks. around $2.50 an hour. My plan is to start my own business.

Bro you need a better plan than this. 7k isn't much in the D.R. and all of their jobs pay like shit. I would start a business before I moved down there and make sure it's profitable. I'm just looking out for you bro, so when you do leave here, you'll never have to return unless you choose too