rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

New TLC show - 90 Day Fiance

On the TLC channel there is a new show called '90 day fiancé' it premiered yesterday and runs every Sunday @ 10pm EST
http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/90-day-fiance

Since it is TV so far it seems a bit dramatic and over the top...I would almost say staged, nevertheless it covers a very interesting theme (especially for some of us who have considered this) and I believe it might be worthwhile to check out. A video clip of a commercial for the show can be seen here.

The first episode was actually very interesting with American men profiled who had gone to Brazil, Colombia, and Russia to meet their fiancées. It seems other episodes will profile women from Philippines and Ukraine. Some of these women are definitely stunners, especially the Colombian chick who’d be an 8.5 in USA [Image: 138921953557414307600501197_90DF_Bonus.jpg]
or the Brazilian who is an 8. All these American guys have definitely dated up, especially a nerdy, overweight IT guy from Cleveland who met a Russian 7 from a tier 2 city. He has decided to get engaged after only one 6 day trip to Russia to meet his girl and once she comes to USA they have not even banged yet...same thing for the Mormon guy who met a cutie from rural area of Brazil. This show seems to give hope to many American guys due to the girls relatively young ages and beauty. Some of the girls seem to have ulterior motives and raise red flags, for example the Russian girl Aziza had applied for a work visa before and gotten rejected BUT shoot, at 35 I myself would probably be willing to take these types of chances as well for some quality pootang. lol

The show tends to focus a lot on the K1 visa process (have to marry within 90 days or the fiancée could be deported) so all these couples seem to be under extreme pressure and some of the women you could tell were not handling “the spotlight” too well. Nevertheless watching all the drama, especially when these women get introduced to the guys families/friends and the drama that fallow’s gives me a bit of a “guilty pleasure”. This show also provides some of us with a decent idea of the quality of what’s overseas and even “desperate measures” some American men would take to spend hundred’s of hours and thousands of dollars to do almost everything in their power to avoid tainted American women. While data sheets are cool and so are the bang travel stories sometimes it is also nice to hear about mini-relationships and marriage stories (especially for us older members on these forums) that others seek abroad. So to conclude just wanted to get a lively discussion going about what you guys think of this trend.

This stuff must be going mainstream...even comic book store guy on The Simpsons just got a Japanese wife!

If only you knew how bad things really are.

Quote: (01-13-2014 11:59 PM)TripleG Wrote:  

On the TLC channel there is a new show called '90 day fiancé' it premiered yesterday and runs every Sunday @ 10pm EST
http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/90-day-fiance

Since it is TV so far it seems a bit dramatic and over the top...I would almost say staged, nevertheless it covers a very interesting theme (especially for some of us who have considered this) and I believe it might be worthwhile to check out. A video clip of a commercial for the show can be seen here.

The first episode was actually very interesting with American men profiled who had gone to Brazil, Colombia, and Russia to meet their fiancées. It seems other episodes will profile women from Philippines and Ukraine. Some of these women are definitely stunners, especially the Colombian chick who’d be an 8.5 in USA [Image: 138921953557414307600501197_90DF_Bonus.jpg]
or the Brazilian who is an 8. All these American guys have definitely dated up, especially a nerdy, overweight IT guy from Cleveland who met a Russian 7 from a tier 2 city. He has decided to get engaged after only one 6 day trip to Russia to meet his girl and once she comes to USA they have not even banged yet...same thing for the Mormon guy who met a cutie from rural area of Brazil. This show seems to give hope to many American guys due to the girls relatively young ages and beauty. Some of the girls seem to have ulterior motives and raise red flags, for example the Russian girl Aziza had applied for a work visa before and gotten rejected BUT shoot, at 35 I myself would probably be willing to take these types of chances as well for some quality pootang. lol

The show tends to focus a lot on the K1 visa process (have to marry within 90 days or the fiancée could be deported) so all these couples seem to be under extreme pressure and some of the women you could tell were not handling “the spotlight” too well. Nevertheless watching all the drama, especially when these women get introduced to the guys families/friends and the drama that fallow’s gives me a bit of a “guilty pleasure”. This show also provides some of us with a decent idea of the quality of what’s overseas and even “desperate measures” some American men would take to spend hundred’s of hours and thousands of dollars to do almost everything in their power to avoid tainted American women. While data sheets are cool and so are the bang travel stories sometimes it is also nice to hear about mini-relationships and marriage stories (especially for us older members on these forums) that others seek abroad. So to conclude just wanted to get a lively discussion going about what you guys think of this trend.

Nice summary OP.

I still think it's a bad idea to do this especially if you're a beta dude with no game, no idea about how women operate, and are solely looking to 'wife up' in the US (or the Anglosphere) where divorce rape is real, draconian and common. And 90 days is way too short to get to know someone, especially if you can't communicate well in their native tongue.

Then again, studies have been done that show that these sorts of marriages tend to last longer than domestic ones, so go figure. I guess the reality is that many, if not most, of these women really are looking for a decent man to marry and as they approach 30+ a beta provider from a Western country looks like the real deal and a great 'catch' to them. And as an older guy who wants kids and probably would want them in a stable (but open? [Image: smile.gif]) relationship, I think that the reality is that the more traditional marriage route is the main (but not only) way to go. But G*d help these guys if the women have an angle, or suddenly want a career instead of kids, or whatever.

But still, a large part of me just thinks that these guys are too lazy, or too dumb, to realize what they are really doing. I would say that if they lived abroad for a year it would open their eyes and make them seriously question the institution of marriage and life in the US in general. And at least make them realize that they have options and this isn't the only route. But who am I kidding - sadly this won't happen 95% of the time.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

Now this is entertainment! Thanks for sharing OP! A nice preview of what's going to happened to many of the players on here including myself! That Len guy was running a gym full of ladies and couldn't find a younger one for himself? I hope he realizes she won't be working in the US and thus will get bored.
Would being not well off be an advantage in this situation? The wife would have to work and put effort into building the family and keeping afloat.

Interesting stuff. Girls are very hot...that Colombiana is amazing. Are most of these guys just these middle-America "average" dudes? I guess compared to the shit we do, they just seem so boring to me. They live in boring places too.

Someone needs to make a TV show about us.

It would be a ratings monster

Quote: (01-14-2014 10:03 AM)Menace Wrote:  

Interesting stuff. Girls are very hot...that Colombiana is amazing. Are most of these guys just these middle-America "average" dudes? I guess compared to the shit we do, they just seem so boring to me. They live in boring places too.

These girls don't know how boring these towns are. The Colombiana is going to have to stay with the guy and his parents. She is upset yet she know he still lived at home. I can already tell she's going to a wild one. He should of never brought her here.

Who do we all think has the best chance to make it happen?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

There were several reality shows about "us" - "The pick up artist" for example and I can't remember the name,but it was MTV production. Type of "Made". Their ratings sucked,that's why they were all cancelled.

Link toEpisode 1 for your convenience .

Can't wait to hear the feminists complaints. I am sure they have already started.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

This is making me think - there are some possibilities here for K-1 visa game.

Is there a limit to the number of K-1 visas I can sponsor in my life?

Yes, there is a limit on the attempted K-1 visa sponsorship. If one wants to get married and have a family they should save up enough money and develop an income stream that will allow them to live overseas in a country where the divorce laws aren't against men, but most importantly where the women are feminine and good.

I would only bring one back here if I really knew her first in her country and she followed the rules. Here's a few of them.

1). No watching TV.
2). No unsupervised internet access and especially no social media accounts.
3). Shes not allowed to work, and she can't socialize with others unless I'm there.

Some might say, well she'll be bored. I say, no she won't. Keeping a good home, raising kids, helping with my career, and banging my brains out will keep her plenty busy. If she doesn't whole heartedly agree, then she's simply not wife material.

Quote: (01-14-2014 06:46 PM)Onto Wrote:  

Yes, there is a limit on the attempted K-1 visa sponsorship. If one wants to get married and have a family they should save up enough money and develop an income stream that will allow them to live overseas in a country where the divorce laws aren't against men, but most importantly where the women are feminine and good.

I would only bring one back here if I really knew her first in her country and she followed the rules. Here's a few of them.

1). No watching TV.
2). No unsupervised internet access and especially no social media accounts.
3). Shes not allowed to work, and she can't socialize with others unless I'm there.

Some might say, well she'll be bored. I say, no she won't. Keeping a good home, raising kids, helping with my career, and banging my brains out will keep her plenty busy. If she doesn't whole heartedly agree, then she's simply not wife material.

So basically you slap a chasity belt on her and put her in a dungeon until you come home from work? LOL. [Image: biggrin.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

[Image: 90-day-fiance-anchor-998x562.jpg]

Is the lower left Russian? All of them give a sort of beta vibe in the pics.

Yes, and the home would at the top of a secluded mountain protected by guard dogs. [Image: smile.gif]

so what would the Colombian girl be considered in Colombia from 1-10?

Quote: (01-14-2014 07:26 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

[Image: 90-day-fiance-anchor-998x562.jpg]

Is the lower left Russian? All of them give a sort of beta vibe in the pics.

Lower left is Brazilian, top left is Russian, top right is Colombian (picture does not do her justice, she is freaking hot in the show), bottom right is obviously Philippino. Next weeks episode is gonna introduce a Ukrainian chick, based on the photo's she looks to be around an 8 (see below).

I am still jealous of some of these couples. No matter how much game I run in DC or the fact that I make good money age is just too HUGE a barrier around here (with a few exceptions) to overcome; i'd say even 10 years is pushing it. I honestly do not think it is possible to overcome this gap in USA, especially in large cities unless one wife's it up with an overseas bride thus why this show is so interesting.

To continue, in the show lucky gym owner Len has solved that problem, beating even alpha guys from these forums by dating up to a model looking girl who is 25 years his junior.
[Image: len-alina-gallery.jpg]

Even if his marriage does not work out (i'd give that about a 90% chance) he can at least brag that he got top 1% of pussy in his age group...[Image: smiley-sex011.gif]
The funny thing is that all the couple's in the first episode seem to be relatively close in age (all in their 20s). Anyways, not sure if Comcast/Verizon/Cox, etc. are running re-runs on-demand of the first episode already but it is a must watch!

Quote: (01-14-2014 02:29 PM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

Quote: (01-14-2014 10:03 AM)Menace Wrote:  

These girls don't know how boring these towns are. The Colombiana is going to have to stay with the guy and his parents. She is upset yet she know he still lived at home. I can already tell she's going to a wild one. He should of never brought her here.

+1000.

These girls will eventually get bored out of their minds, especially if they are headed to some 2nd or 3rd tier town (or living in the suburbs of almost any city). There's just not that much to do other than watch TV, head out the to mall, Costco or CVS and/or go to restaurant and pig out & get fat. You have to be seriously disciplined in the US to stay in shape, eat healthy, and keep yourself busy, particularly in suburbia. Plus, these girls will have very high expectations of life in the US and how glamorous it will be, which will quickly be shattered after just a few weeks/months of living here.

Most regions in America are pretty parochial too. And most Americans are woefully uninformed about international affairs, cultures and most things outside the US (outside the coastal cities like NYC/LA and maybe Miami I'd say). So I think these women will become disenchanted and feel like they were fed a bunch of lies about how great the US is (which they sort of were), in addition to getting bored with their lives. Having a kid might help keep them busy for a few years, but inevitably the malaise will set in.

Hell I get bored pretty quickly just after a couple weeks back home, even with the NFL playoffs going on))

On another note, it's funny but when I took a good hard look at all the women I'd say all four of them could be Russian or from the CIS, such is the ethnic diversity and makeup here....even the Filipina.

2015 RVF fantasy football champion

It's not the idea that's at fault, it's the execution. Reading the summaries and looking at the pictures on the "Meet the Couples" page, I see trouble ahead for some of them, for example:

Quote:Quote:

After his divorce, Louis, a father of two, decided to try his hand at online dating. He found Aya's profile on an international site, and the two began talking. At the time, Aya was also talking to several other men. It took some time before she decided to date Louis exclusively

Don't know what they mean by "date," but Louis probably should have shopped more.

Other than that, I don't see any of the couples as too mismatched for SMV, given all the factors.

Contrary to some opinion, prenuptial agreements are mostly enforced, particularly with regard to property acquired before the marriage. Of course, if you make money after the marriage or have a child, you will be on the hook for something.

I read about one middle aged guy who married a series of Filipinas on K-1s. He locked down a prenuptial to protect his house and put the wives to work to support him. One worked as a prison guard! After a couple of years, he'd replace them. It was a win-win, because the Filipinas got the green card.

Id seen the commercials and even the way the one on the lower left spoke had a Russian sound to it but she was bouncy and happy, no Russian chick I've ever met has acted like that in public so I knew there was no way she was. They loosen up a lot but the ice queen act to start is exhausting... Would not have guessed Brazilian. I'd tear her up.

Has anyone actually watched the whole episode? Who do you think will be last past 90 days? Did you notice how Aziza ( The Russian girl) always dreamt about coming to America, even learned American English. She had a minimal accent when she was speaking. I think out of all the brides,the Colombian was the most sincere. The Russian is the least. Oh and the hot one with a guy from Scottsdale is an obvious gold digger. I envy the most the guy from Scottsdale! [Image: smile.gif])

I saw the previews for next Sunday and it looks like one of the girls will be doing Some modeling.

Not good for him.

Exactly what Akula said.

One guy is showing her around LA while the other shows her NY.

Wait until reality hits when they leave.

How is it possible for Len, who runs a FITNESS GYM FOR WOMEN, to not regularly tap ass? Fucking Bikram whatever his name is (inventor of the Yoga system), was doing this systematically and repeatedly to his students (now accused of sexual assault). A Russian girl will eat a guy like Len alive because you can be sure that he has deluded notions regarding women. He gets up at 4 and is in bed by 8:30-9? What young girl wants a life like that? She wants to enjoy life, to feel, etc.

Quote: (01-15-2014 10:12 AM)Menace Wrote:  

How is it possible for Len, who runs a FITNESS GYM FOR WOMEN, to not regularly tap ass? Fucking Bikram whatever his name is (inventor of the Yoga system), was doing this systematically and repeatedly to his students (now accused of sexual assault). A Russian girl will eat a guy like Len alive because you can be sure that he has deluded notions regarding women. He gets up at 4 and is in bed by 8:30-9? What young girl wants a life like that? She wants to enjoy life, to feel, etc.

Yep - she'll take half of his house,his money and hius gym with half of the women! [Image: banana.gif] Russian bitches are like hurricanes - when they are gone, your house and your possessions are gone too!
I hope he doesn't' expect she'll be going to bed with him at 9 pm in Scottsdale! Scottsdale is the party central of the Southwest of the US!
The other guy refinced his house to bring his bride to America - also doesn't look good for him!
I hope they get to bang these hot women and peace out at 90 day mark!