rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Do You Utilize a Touchscreen Device? (Not Phones)

I was curious as to how many here have moved into touchscreen devices besides their smartphones. Guys here seem pretty tech savvy and travel oriented, but I don't see much buzz on this tech.

I honestly don't think I would use one if I had it. Ipad's dont seem as user friendly as a laptop, and I would rather read a real physical book than use a kindle. An ex-girlfriend of mine had an ipad with total protection from best buy on it so she had me break it so she could get store credit and buy something useful.

*Just my experience

I felt like Gopher but gave in this past month. Picked up a good deal on a kindle. I have a desktop, a couple of laptops and an iphone. But sometimes the iphone was just too small to read anything on the couch or the can. I didn't want to keep balancing the laptop while lying on the couch. Other devices can do the same stuff, but I got it for convenience.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I bought a Galaxy Tab as a replacement for the ultimate netbook replacement. Thought it would be easy to use, but was very un-instinctive. It took awhile to get used to touching a screen, which all my life had been a no-no. After that and lining up useful tabs and incorporating into my structure, I'd shit w/out it.

I bought an Asus laptop for work. It has Windows 8 and a touch screen. It's a novelty mostly. Sometimes I open PDF CAD drawings and can zoom in and out by pinching the screen. I also swipe up and down to scroll webpages. It's ok I guess.

Team Nachos

My laptop has a 17' touchscreen and Windows 8. It's neat. A lot of things are tiny bit easier because I can manipulate stuff on screen, but mostly it just makes using it a little bit more fun. Well worth the extra couple hundred bucks considering how much time I spend on it.

Bonus, I've had a few girls elderly open me in the coffee shop about it.

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

I wanted a 17" laptop because I do programming. I found they were too big and bulky to lug around all day. I think 15.6" is the perfect size. The Asus I bought is a MacBook Pro clone. They make a good product.

Team Nachos

Quote: (01-02-2014 09:37 PM)Frost Wrote:  

Bonus, I've had a few girls elderly open me in the coffee shop about it.

I notice most people are choppy with their hand motions. I've gotten fluid, especially 'turning' screens. Like in the commercials. One amazing app I've just come across:

http://infinitekind.com/syncspace

Available for both Android/iposer stores, its a zoomable whiteboard app that is collaborative in real time. Amazing. Its like several of us standing up a a whiteboard at the same time brainstorming, but better cause it zooms out. So last night I drew a box and joted down several paragraphs, in it, then put all that in another box, and drew a bunch of dicks, then hit it in a cat's butt, then zoomed all that out until it looked like a speck on my screen. Coolest shit I ever seen. Luckily where you start to originally draw can be found by a 'home' button. [Image: tongue.gif]

I'm tying this in now to a Google group, so when I link up with other members in other geo areas, we can start the process.

My laptop has a touch screen. It is not a tablet in any sense.

I use it frequently to resize documents and webpages for easy reading. The multiple point entry reading system allows me to use my whole hand to manipulate on screen objects.

I'm the King of Beijing!

I don't currently have any touchscreen device but I'd like to get an inexpensive tablet computer. Suggestions?

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I've got an e-reader (kobo) that I got when borders was going out of business, so it was at a massive discount at the time, I think I spent about 30 bucks on it.
I love it, can fit so many books on it (torrents=free books) and it's easy to read, wish it had a nightlight on it for reading in the dark though.

I have two touch screen pads, one made by kodak (i was on sale for $80, so I got it on a whim), one is a vizio something. I don't use them at all really, I have yet to figure out how to incorporate them into my lifestyle.

If you have an ipad, or some other touch screen tablet, what do you use it for? The last touch screen device I had was an IBM Thinkpad 760ED, I liked that the screen could be flipped.

I have a Nexus 7. It's wonderful. I'm reading the book for the RVF bookclub on it, and it's great because I can use the kindle's built in dictionary to look up words.