rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

22 y/o suited up, Rolex, NYC. Am I ahead of my time or am I in a prime position?
2 y/o suited up, Rolex, NYC. Am I ahead of my time or am I in a prime position?
Sometimes I feel like it's a bit of both. You somewhat outgrow where you're expected to be when viewed by women. You'd think this is a good thing but it always isn't...

This has enabled me to date more older women because they say "I have my shit together." But I find that it doesn't necessarily HELP my game with women my own age. I don't want to alienate from my own age group. Girls my age don't give a shit about my job. They just see me in a nice suit and are often shocked I'm dressing like this at a young age. I wear suits because of the work I do, not to just impress a girl on a date. I don't want to stand out in a BAD way, despite having good,
Desirable traits.

So I'm wondering: do I tone it down a bit? Make myself seem more "typical" to a woman 21-23 or do I just stay as I am?
Paging the Gmanifesto.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling
Don't listen to younger women. They're idiots.

You will most likely find that when you hit 25-27 that younger girls will melt for you the same way older chicks are.

It was hilarious for me, but I would get attention from older chicks when I was in my early 20s. Think girls in their late twenties hitting 30s.

As I made it to 24, the ages started dropping. Now, I get girls hitting on me that are 26 and 25. I expect the Benjamin Button effect to hit full circle at 27.

Regardless, work on making your face a little older looking. Are you baby face? Scruff? That can help you with younger chicks.

As for the job, most young chicks aged 18-21 don't really care because they still think they can make $$$ doing social work. Let reality sink in for them and then your value will increase. You can probably begin to universally pull these girls with a little more age under your belt.
Suit game is the most overrated thing on the forum, to the point of being ridiculous. I own customs suits, and they sit in the back of the closet with my old dress blues and inspection cammies. You limit yourself to 1% of venues, and are going to be surrounded by old people. For younger guys back down to jeans/blazer/boots. You won't look so try hard and many more places will open up.
Quote: (12-26-2013 10:19 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Suit game is the most overrated thing on the forum, to the point of being ridiculous. I own customs suits, and they sit in the back of the closet with my old dress blues and inspection cammies. You limit yourself to 1% of venues, and are going to be surrounded by old people. For younger guys back down to jeans/blazer/boots. You won't look so try hard and many more places will open up.

Blazer jeans combo.

[Image: blazer-and-jeans.jpg]

Just enough to stand out, not enough to price out.
Quote: (12-26-2013 10:19 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I agree with Ali here. There's a time and a place for everything, and it pays to dress right for your "niche."

Just dressing well without overdoing it will radically transform the way most young guys are initially perceived. In a lot of environments, a suit can alienate you.

I also dig the blazer with jeans. It's gotten a lot of hate on this forum but I still think it works well.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling
You're in a prime position to get jacked for that Rolex [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos
redacted
Life is all about experimentation, and finding out what works for YOU. If you think you're alienating certain girls because of your wardrobe, then experiment with a new look for a month and see what happens. If the results improve, then roll with it. If they don't, go back to where you're at today, and try a different change for a month.
Only time I suit up to go out is when I'm either going straight from work or if I'm going to a rooftop venue with a typically older crowed like Le Bain or something. As far as looks go, I believe I look my age. Highest I've got was 26 or 27. And a handful of 24-25 year olds. So I think I am not isolated from that market, but I want the best or both worlds. I think once I hot 24 or so, I can be at my peak.
You can smash the whole age range of pussy 18-35 if you wanted. Do you have somewhere to bring them? Apartment?

Team Nachos
Clothes matter but they do not neccessarily make or break a player.

Your issue is a confidence one. You are worried about your suit but it sounds like you haven't really tried the kind of "suit" game that gmanifedto is talking about. If you are a cool guy than sometimes it doesn't matter what you are wearing. I've seen guys in jumpsuits getting attention from girls.

This sounds like a newbie question. Go read up in there and more on the forum.
If you are suited up for work then you are no more ahead of your game than any other newly minted grad who has to wear a suit for work. What you do while in that suit, or the confidence it gives you is where you can be ahead.

Not sure I get the Rolex bit. Majority of the girls your age bracket won't know anything about fine watches.

One thing I've noticed is that having your apartment be really put together or in a good location helps far more when closing than rocking a work suit
You're essentially asking why pecocking in a certain manner isn't getting you the leverage you hoped for.

Let me make this simple for you.

It is the amount of perceived effort you put into yourself that determines if peacocking is succesful.

Its good to be different, but not so fucking different that people suspect you're overcompensating for something.

Your targets NEED to relate with you on a certain level, and if you come off as fake, cheesy, overdressed, deliberately underdressed......anything that belies that you've put TOO much effort into peacocking, you risk falling into a certain negative category.

That's why suits don't work for everyone.
That's why the emo look doesn't suit everyone.
That's why fedoras are now universally associated with dweebs(well one of the reasons.)
That's why torn jeans and a dirty white t-shirt doesn't work for everyone.

That's why any fucking manner you dress can be seen as wannabe behavior if it is obvious you put too much effort into it.

That is why a custom suit with a rolex may come across as jarring.

Have you tried wearing a custom mickey mouse watch with a custom suit?
A rolex with a tracksuit?
A HUGE omega watch with skin tight shirt and faded jeans?
Quote: (12-26-2013 10:21 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

Blazer jeans combo.

Apparently that combination makes you levitate - that really gets the chicks wet.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2
Quote: (12-26-2013 12:06 PM)samsamsam Wrote:  

Quote: (12-26-2013 10:21 AM)frenchie Wrote:  

Blazer jeans combo.

Apparently that combination makes you levitate - that really gets the chicks wet.

lol, i just realized that too.

Magician game recognized.
Personally I think if a man doesn't work in a suit, when he wears one randomly he looks awkward and out of place, and usually overdoes it with pocket squares, tie bars, jewelry, ridiculous shoes and cartoonish characteristics, think Steve Harvey, like guys you see going to church or funerals in suits. Maybe some women wont pick up on this, but higher class girls will especially if she works where men dress well 24/7.

There are a million ways to dress well in very fine duds, to not look like someone who wears a suit to impress women, but to make money. I would focus more on your own individual style.
Yes I agree with you on that. But I think my suit choice is solid. Slim, tailored, paired with spread collar with Hermes or Ferragamo tie.

I suppose the true question is... Am I too young to be running suit game? Even if it's my natural everyday look due to my job
Quote: (12-26-2013 12:55 PM)TrueSlyr Wrote:  

Yes I agree with you on that. But I think my suit choice is solid. Slim, tailored, paired with spread collar with Hermes or Ferragamo tie.

I suppose the true question is... Am I too young to be running suit game? Even if it's my natural everyday look due to my job

I wouldn't say so, you are already ahead of 98% of the guys in your class, but I would focus on your own authenticity along with your look. If you want to wear it to clubs, thats fine, just dress like you are wearing a suit to a club, not like you are interviewing at PWC.
Quote: (12-26-2013 12:51 PM)puckman Wrote:  

Personally I think if a man doesn't work in a suit, when he wears one randomly he looks awkward and out of place, and usually overdoes it with pocket squares, tie bars, jewelry, ridiculous shoes and cartoonish characteristics, think Steve Harvey, like guys you see going to church or funerals in suits.

Quote:Quote:

A suit is a wage earner’s uniform

http://www.cedonulli.com/archive/wearing...index.html

None of the filthy rich men I know walk around suited up all day. They dress down to avoid unwanted attention.
What's wrong with flash? It's getting pussy not a job interview.

I guarantee that Steve Harvey could easily get higher quality pussy than any guy on here. He's famous and can dress flashy or whatever it won't matter.
Quote: (12-26-2013 01:09 PM)soup Wrote:  

What's wrong with flash? It's getting pussy not a job interview.

I guarantee that Steve Harvey could easily get higher quality pussy than any guy on here. He's famous and can dress flashy or whatever it won't matter.

Steve Harvey also has a hugely successful daytime talk show geared toward the hamsters, so he can dress like a clown.

Ever hear the expression 'empty suit.' Not saying he is by any stretch, but dress for who you are, not some societal standard of what a man should look like. I dont think it gets you any further than taking care of your diet, complexion, hair, body.

Ali, have to agree and disagree. Sure there are rich guys that dress down, but there are an equal amount who dont.
All the OP has to do is post up in the mentoring or meetups thread and have a experienced member gauge his chi while suited up. It would take like 30 minutes and a few beers. Problem solved.
got to play the situation. If you're noticing a trend why willingly handicap yourself with the younger crowd? dress it down a bit for your own age group. If you're going out with an older broad, dress it up and smash accordingly.

Also for suits, I've noticed almost always that if I let my facial hair grow out, the suited up thing works better for me (I'm only 25). If you're a baby face (and short like I am) and wear a suit you look like you're a youngster at a wedding sometime. Nothing you can do about it.
You think Steve Harvey got famous by not showing flash? There's a reason why pea cocking works.