rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I want to try out New York More but....

I just don't see what they hype is all about in the city during the night time. The girls don't seem all that more down than DC or other tough places...al though there is a higher quantity. I'm speaking about East Village, Meat Packing District, etc although i do like the European women who aren't locals...they seem more open and what not than the local women who seem more cold.

I know i might seem like a pessimist, but what's the hype about? I want to try it out more for my own personal reasons(I trying to get back to gaming more actively and more consistently again for the sake of getting more practice in) but i wanna why or what guys have seen to rate is so highly. [Image: undecided.gif]

Born & raised in New York. I don't see the hype either. One of the worst big cities in the world for a player. So many things are against you. The women way overrated.

New York has strength in diversity of culture, and ethnicity. If you want a type-a asian girl, black girl, proud latina, and something else in rotation at 1 time, then New York is good. If you prefer Europeans, you should live in a European city.

If you must stay, I would suggest upping your online dating game. Highest raw number of prospects to be found in the world.

I don't really understand what the issue is. Are there not enough good-looking women in NY?

Or is that the best women are not easy? If that's it, where are some places in the developed world where beautiful women are just throwing pussy at the average dude?

I don't think that anyone has ever claimed that NY was some Shangrila of easy quality pussy. NY is a hard place, hence "if you can make it here you can make it anywhere."

If you stick to manhattan you'll find the highest concentration of attractive high class white girls than any other US city

Quote: (11-11-2013 04:25 PM)philly22 Wrote:  

If you stick to manhattan you'll find the highest concentration of attractive high class white girls than any other US city

"white girls", while mixed with lots and lots of every other type too. Boston, Phoenix, Minneapolis...US cities for high concentrations of white girls.

Let's break the other 2 adjectives down a little more;

"attractive" - most expensive clothes, shoes & makeup
"high class" - highest maintenance local women in the US, next to LA and Miami

Personally, New York is one of the last US cities I would choose for all 3 of these things.

Half of Boston is a live-action LL Bean catalog an the other half are Massholes. That's better than NY?

Quote: (11-11-2013 03:23 PM)TheWolfHowls Wrote:  

I just don't see what they hype is all about in the city during the night time. The girls don't seem all that more down than DC or other tough places...al though there is a higher quantity. I'm speaking about East Village, Meat Packing District, etc although i do like the European women who aren't locals...they seem more open and what not than the local women who seem more cold.

I know i might seem like a pessimist, but what's the hype about? I want to try it out more for my own personal reasons(I trying to get back to gaming more actively and more consistently again for the sake of getting more practice in) but i wanna why or what guys have seen to rate is so highly. [Image: undecided.gif]

Where have you been that is leaps and bounds better?

for the guys saying NY is so hard, where is it better then in the U.S?

Quote: (11-11-2013 05:01 PM)XYZ Wrote:  

for the guys saying NY is so hard, where is it better then in the U.S?

Tampa. Both cities are the best for pussy.

Everything depends on what one is trying to accomplish and the time frame involved. I think if you're coming to NYC with average game (and average wallet or lower) for a short stay, you're going to have problems. In all city reports you need to read between the lines. For example, Vicious had a NYC trip report and the results were great but: he's really good, he dresses really well, and he pipelined extensively. I don't think there is a Tier 1 city in the US where you can just kind of show up and kill if you're not exceptional in several areas.

I was just in NYC and saw a large number of girls I was into, but I also had pussy waiting there for me. I had a blast, and I truly love visiting NYC. The energy, the number of people, the cool spots on every corner, different neighborhoods, and just the whole high paced vibe is amazing. Love it. But, I don't live there, so when I visit, it is always fresh.

Coming in cold into NYC, with no local friends and no dates/girls lined up, is likely a recipe for disappointment. If I was coming to NYC for just 3-4 days, I would pipeline on-line in advance. If you don't have a reasonably good SNL track record in your home city, it won't happen in NYC. SDL's from day game take a lot of experience to pull off, and the time pressure of a short stay can throw a wrench into your vibe by making you seem too thirsty.

I avg about 4-5 numbers a day in NYC. If you have your own place here and can't get some girls over to play then I just don't know what to tell you. I see a cute girl every other block out here.

Quote: (11-11-2013 04:13 PM)Courage Reborn Wrote:  

Born & raised in New York. I don't see the hype either. One of the worst big cities in the world for a player. So many things are against you. The women way overrated.

New York has strength in diversity of culture, and ethnicity. If you want a type-a asian girl, black girl, proud latina, and something else in rotation at 1 time, then New York is good. If you prefer Europeans, you should live in a European city.

If you must stay, I would suggest upping your online dating game. Highest raw number of prospects to be found in the world.
Yeah us native NYers don't usually get it. I think the players visiting are overwhelmed with the quantity and don't notice the picky entitled princess mentality that those of us born and raised here do.Also those visiting end up basically hooking up with girls in the city who basically come from the same 1 horse towns that they come from..so they get along. But a Brooklyn Guido doesn't exactly fit in that Manhattan world of those who come here and think they are Nyers but they aren't lol.
As for online game...funny..they had a n article in dailynews that said NYC(specifically bKLYN) had the lowest reply rate in ALL OF INTERNET DATING.

I'm born and raised in New York.

If you can not find pussy in NYC then you are a lazy bum who has no game. Or you maybe suffering from low t.

I've never been to DC but I can assure you there is a flavor for everyday of the week out here.

I'll toot my own horn. I went to NYC for Halloween and had a blast. I got laid my first time in NYC and I couldn't crack it the last two times I've been. I didn't really know where to go, so I just rolled with an old friend and his friends until I ventured off and met new people on the street. I didn't see anyone making moves on one girl in the group, so I moved in and cavemanned it lightly. I said we should go to her place and she agreed. Best sex ever from a 23-year old. I don't meet a lot who can fuck you back and not just take it. An active participant. Then I walked around Brooklyn trying to find a cab while carrying around a plastic sword and a crown in Hasidic Jewville. I came back Saturday night, went to this shitshow bar in the Meatpacking District with slamwhore bartenders yelling through a megaphone and got approached by a 7.5. She tried to talk to the bartender's man and got iced out. I distanced myself from her so I could still get served. I ended up in East Village and had a hot 21-year old blonde student in the cab headed back to my hotel and the cabbie cockblocked me. I cannot wait to return but that place eats through money in no time flat. You cannot go the entire night without meeting someone or getting approached. There are too many people. I'll take it over DC any day OP.

With out a doubt it is a money town and not for your average "player".

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

If you've got some money NYC is one of the best cities you can live in. Its a little too congested for my tastes and I hate public transportation. Also the city is a little dirty.

But complaining about the girls?? The local Manhattanite girls are for the most part wellll above average attractiveness. Are they difficult to pick up? Of course, but what hot girls aren't?

OK, we have established that NY is a great place if you have some kind of status, great game, and a fat bankroll. Don't see how you can deny that.

Now let's talk about average dudes. Even if you're not maxing out in any of those categories, NY is still a playground for a man with a decent amount of game just because of the sheer size. Yes, if you're broke, not that good-looking, and don't know anyone, and you try to roll to Meatpacking lounges to spit game at Russian models, you're probably going to get shot down. Why shouldn't you? The hottest of the hot in any city, even the poosy paradises, don't go around throwing pussy at average dudes.

However, if you take your ass across town to the East Village/LES, or uptown to any number of neighborhoods, or out to Bk for even more hoods, you have thousands and thousands of 6s, 7s, and even a decent amount of 8s in bars and lounges that anyone can walk into off the street. No velvet ropes. No face control. No cover. Just a bouncer checking IDs.

You say NY is crowded. I say it has amazing logistics. There are venues everywhere. They stay open until close to 5am. You don't need a car. Girls who are in groups are not expecting to all carpool home together, so it's much easier to peel one off if she's digging you. Everyone knows that NY real estate is insanely expensive, so women won't judge you for living in a modest apartment or not in some trendy neighborhood.

And finally, the the thing that NY really has going for it is that everyone is a small fish in a giant fucking ocean. NY keeps everyone a little bit humble. Try talking to a DC 7. You'd think you were trying to spit game at Miss Universe. A couple of weeks ago my friend was drunk and decided to chat up aome fat chick who was giving him the very obvious eye. After five minutes he comes back complaint about her attitude. This is a 4, but she is hanging out in a big group of "empowered" girls and herb orbiters. This chick literally said to me that she didn't have to put up with my friend giving her a little shit, because "it's the century of the woman." You rarely see shit like that in NY.

Quote: (11-12-2013 12:39 AM)j r Wrote:  

You say NY is crowded. I say it has amazing logistics. There are venues everywhere. They stay open until close to 5am. You don't need a car.

Since logistics is at least half of game, that ends it right there. New York City - one of the biggest cities in the world with the best logistics in America.

Gotta agree with what guys have said - if you can't get laid in New York...

Quote: (11-11-2013 04:13 PM)Courage Reborn Wrote:  

One of the worst big cities in the world for a player?
-hahahahahaha

So many things are against you?
-What are some examples? Logistics are fantastic if you live in Manhattan. You have to live in a good area though.. if you live in East Village, for example, chances are that there are at least 20 bars within a 5 minute walk from you apartment, and about 30 restaurants. How is this not advantageous compared to any other city? I've never been to another city that had so many options so close.

The women way overrated
-NYC is the single most international city in the world. You can find ANY type of woman in NYC. You'll also find the highest concentration of legitimate models compared to any other city. I can see how their attitudes are shitty, but how are they overrated?

Basically if you don't have a decent amount of money then NYC isn't your best option.

Quote: (11-12-2013 02:35 AM)travolta Wrote:  

So many things are against you?
-What are some examples?

Type A personality rat race culture
Angst ridden working class who generally hate life
Freezing cold winter
Oppressively hot summer
Traffic
Rats
Feminism
Sex in the City
Oppressive cost of living
It smells disgusting everywhere
Homeless people shitting themselves
Brooklyn/Jersey/Long Island Guidos looking for fights
Urine stench in the stairwells
One of these guys during your subway approach
Getting robbed on the city bus
Elitism

I love when people start these controversial threads then never weigh back in.

BTW, 3 nights in NYC budget from DC: AirBnB apt ($450-550, good neighborhood in Manhattan), bus ($50), going out ($100-200/day if you go out at night). So, conservatively a 3 night stay in NYC costs you $800 if you can't stay with a friend...and if you can stay with a friend, can you actually bang there?

If you can't pull in NYC you should strongly consider getting off the Internet

I am not attractive, I don't drop a ton of money ($50-80 a night max) and on top of that I have never had to leave manhattan.

I don't book hotels because you can 99/100 pull a chick and just go back to her place.

NYC is pretty much heaven on earth for someone with a tic tac amount of game.

I don't even know what to say, NYC is the largest most concentrated city in the USA. You have to try to fuck it up here, there is nightlife everyday of the week.

This is straight up a troll thread.

Yup. This is like the people on Yelp who go to the best sushi spot in town and then give it a low rating because they ran low on low-sodium soy sauce.

Quote: (11-12-2013 09:29 AM)WestCoast Wrote:  

This is straight up a troll thread.

Yep. The travesty is there's a full squad of seasoned NYC players that would be willing to meetup and line the OP out. All he has to do is post in the meetup or mentoring threads.