rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is Bullying A Problem In American Society?

[Image: No-Bullying-circle.gif]

You know, I was going to do a write-up on my thoughts of bullying, but I thought it would be more interesting to get the forum's opinions on the subject.

You are probably already aware that I see the media as being primarily interested in controlling narratives to fit prefabricated, ideological narratives over the truth.

As we have seen with the Martin case in the NFL, the media immediately pushed Martin as a victim of harassment.

What really is bullying? The pic I posted makes me cringe because just about anything a person could say or do could meet that standard of bullying because it turns on the perception of the "victim" over a reasonable interpretation of the declarant's intention or a reasonable 3rd party interpretation.

Is bullying on the increase? How do you combat bullying, if it exists?

My opinion is that the chickens are coming home to roost from a psychological perspective. Radically low self-esteem Americans are on the rise. MikeCF started a thread about guys not wanting to approach - he was 100% right. The up-and-coming generation is the weakest one this country has seen.

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

What people call bullying is just a natural part of life.

Anti-Bullying efforts are just ways to make people feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel "better"

The anti-bullying movement is, in part, the product of low crime rates.

You wouldn't have had this big push to stamp out bullying in the 80's because there was real fucking violent crime to worry about.

The corollary is that when crime rates rise again, it will take the wind out of the sails of the anti-bullying crusaders.

I don't think this is a full explanation for why this movement has occurred by any means. Crime was low in "Leave it to Beaver" times, but nobody would thought of sheltering kids from bullying. The push is tied to anti-homophobia. Once you forbid kids from calling each other fags, it's just a short step to forbiding them from using any abusive language whatsoever.

The definition of bullying given by that picture can only really be attributed to intra-group bullying. Someone has to be part of a social circle at a school first before gossip etc starts flying. That shit is normal. Girls escalate their cattyness and form tighter groups while guys fight it out. That kind of "bullying" is, to me, normal. Its almost as if they're pushing the weak of the group to better themselves. They're creating a standard to be accepted into their group and the biggest group has the highest 'standards' to get in.

That being said real bullying occurs when someone is so far gone they treat them like an animal and couldn't even consider welcoming said person into their group.

It usually happens with retarded kids, very socially awkward/questionably retarded kids, or those that are total loners. They're the lowest common denominator and no one wants to even think of letting them in their group.

The intra-group bullying would be a chubby girl with braces that dresses kind of funny. She gets into highschool and the few middle school girls she was friends with distance themselves and tease her for being fat/ugly. All this girl has to do is either find a new group that will accept her or take the summer to start looking better.

The 'real' bullying is the kinda slow, ugly chick named Rhonda who says really weird shit and everyone from preps to social dregs makes fun of her, she will have no other positive social contact aside from the other kinda slow, ugly people who says/does weird shit.

Now it's not just the NFL. The NBA's politburo has declared war on bullying as well. I thought this was all about protecting kids, I guess not:

NBA memo: Bullying not tolerated

All 30 NBA teams received a memo from the league office Friday reminding them that no form of bullying or hazing will be tolerated, according to league sources.

The memo, sources said, references the Miami Dolphins' ongoing bullying scandal and urges NBA players to report anything if they feel the need while also spelling out specific violations of the league's policies.

Sources said the memo reiterated a number of prohibited behaviors that would violate league policy.

The lengthy list of violations, sources said, includes: any physical abuse or threats of violence; verbal abuse focused on an individual's race, nationality, color, gender, age, religion, sexuality, etc.; destruction, defacement or theft of a fellow player's personal property; engaging in any activity that intimidates or threatens fellow players with ostracism or inflicts extreme mental stress, embarrassment, humiliation or shame; and forcing an individual to engage in any activity or perform any task that violates federal, state or local law or NBA rules and regulations.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/994793...-tolerated

Quote: (11-10-2013 02:26 AM)Therapsid Wrote:  

The anti-bullying movement is, in part, the product of low crime rates.

You wouldn't have had this big push to stamp out bullying in the 80's because there was real fucking violent crime to worry about.

The corollary is that when crime rates rise again, it will take the wind out of the sails of the anti-bullying crusaders.

I don't think this is a full explanation for why this movement has occurred by any means. Crime was low in "Leave it to Beaver" times, but nobody would thought of sheltering kids from bullying. The push is tied to anti-homophobia. Once you forbid kids from calling each other fags, it's just a short step to forbiding them from using any abusive language whatsoever.

Don't you think there is a strong correlation between high school bullies and future crime rate. It wouldn't surprise me at all if a disproportionate amount of the prison population were bullies at one time. A guy like Incognito would definitely be a future criminal if he never played football.

Quote:2Wycked Wrote:

Radically low self-esteem Americans are on the rise.
Indeed, I work with two or three.
Complete fucking weirdos, the entire lot.
Unbearably nice but with absolutely no substance to them, no opinions, nothing. They'll agree with a KKK member if he was friendly enough.

The new bullying is the constant vexatious complaints made about harassment.

Quote: (11-10-2013 04:36 AM)Hades Wrote:  

Unbearably nice but with absolutely no substance to them, no opinions, nothing. They'll agree with a KKK member if he was friendly enough.

This. So many empty motherfuckers walking around. They've been programmed to believe that it's "controversial" to discuss politics, religion, or anything of interest. What we have a right now is 300+ million retards talking about the weather and gay rights.

Quote: (11-10-2013 11:14 AM)pavel_eskimoso Wrote:  

Quote: (11-10-2013 04:36 AM)Hades Wrote:  

This. So many empty motherfuckers walking around. They've been programmed to believe that it's "controversial" to discuss politics, religion, or anything of interest. What we have a right now is 300+ million retards talking about the weather and gay rights.

Gay rights could offend some so it looks like we are down to just weather.

Bullying is a part of growing up. It's a right of passage. It's what separates the men from the boys.
It separates the strong from the weak.

You can argue that kids that were bullied end up being bullies too and that's true. But being a bully
is an Alpha male characteristic and that makes you desirable from the female perspective.

Can you imagine what sports and competition will be like in 10-20 years if they punish bullying?
What will the Olympics be like? Will everyone get an arbitrary "Medal of Participation"? [Image: lol.gif]

Being bullied makes you focus on your weaknesses and want to improve them in order not to
be bullied anymore. Either that or you become an introverted musician or artist type. Which
the world needs as well. Can you imagine what music will be like if it's written by musicians
that haven't suffered? We wouldn't have Blues or Rock or Metal. It would all be cheesy radio pop.

Is that what you want?

Team Nachos

It's revenge of the nerds.

These kids were mostly invisible and sometimes picked-on in school. Now they're adults working in the media, academia, government, etc. and, as a herd, take this anti-bullying stance.

You see it played out in the Incognito story. Media types portray this as a moral crisis. Injecting morality into professional athletics is the only way they can pretend to compete with athletes who are stronger, wealthier, and more famous. It comes as no surprise that damn near every player quoted says that Martin handled the situation in an non-masculine way.

Yes, I understand that NFL players have an incentive to fall in line... follow the money. At the same time, similar to feminism, it's about "changing the culture." What's at the root of this culture?

Masculinity. They'll pressure, call for an end to someone's career, and generally distort reality in the name of safety. It's their own form of bitch bullying, performed behind computer screens, with zero chance of physical escalation.

It's all bullshit. When I was a kid bullying was getting your ass kicked, and your property taken. Bullying today is hurting someones feelings. Outside of the ghetto, and trailer parks you don't even see kids fist fighting any more. This is just more Simpification of the west.

"Feminism is a trade union for ugly women"- Peregrine

I don't think people are being bullied anymore now than they used to. I think the only reason why we're hearing about it is because our ability to disseminate information is now almost infinite. And since people are bored, they look for stupid shit that might have a little bit of juice to it. Then they want to feel good about themselves. Hence the anti-bullying campaign.

As has been said, bullying is just a part of growing up. Everyone gets it. Some much worse than others true, but a lot of times its victims just bring it on themselves because they lack social intelligence. Naturally, you're going to get called out on that shit.

Take me for instance. While I never had a huge problem and never had trouble making friends, I used to say a lot of weird as hell shit when I was younger and conveyed a lack of confidence and dominance. Naturally, I got taken to task for this. I improved a lot as I got older. I improved myself. I didn't ask anyone to bail me out.

By coddling every single victim, you give them a victim complex and take away incentive for self-improvement.

Christian really said it all with this:

https://twitter.com/RealCMcQueen/status/...1408771073

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Bullying is a rite of passage.

If someone is worried about bullying, they should teach their kids to fight.

About the NFL case, kids are going broke nowadays trying to pick up the senior player's tabs. Back in the day was just bringing sandwiches and washing clothes. Now it's 40K dinners and 30K club bills, while the top rookies can afford those bills.....the average rookie can't.

Cattle 5000 Rustlings #RustleHouseRecords #5000Posts
Houston (Montrose), Texas

"May get ugly at times. But we get by. Real Niggas never die." - cdr

Follow the Rustler on Twitter | Telegram: CattleRustler

Game is the difference between a broke average looking dude in a 2nd tier city turning bad bitch feminists into maids and fucktoys and a well to do lawyer with 50x the dough taking 3 dates to bang broads in philly.

Count me in with pro-bullying.

In elementary school I was bullied by a few of the bigger kids. I was a smartass in class and was quick to point out how stupid other kids were. They chased my ass home a few times and on another occasion I got popped in the mouth for talking so much shit. Lesson learned.

In middle school I exerted my frustrations from elementary school by bullying one kid in particular. He was my size so it's not like I picked an easy target. Something about him pissed me off. One day he had enough and picked a fight with me in the boy's bathroom and I beat him up pretty badly.

In high school I was sitting with a couple friends on the quad one day when a couple wannabe gangsters came over and started shit with the guys I was with. They started talking shit to everyone including me and I looked up at one of them and stared him straight in the eye. He said "What the fuck you looking at faggot" and kicked me so I got up and beat the shit out of him in front of his friend.

So I've been on the receiving-and-pussying-out end, the giving end, and the receiving-but-fighting-back end. I consider it part of the natural order of human development. The alternative is having a society where half the population is in jail, and the other half is 100% dependent on the government.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

Quote: (11-10-2013 12:35 PM)thedude3737 Wrote:  

I consider it part of the natural order of human development. The alternative is having a society where half the population is in jail, and the other half is 100% dependent on the government.

Exactly. Buncha male and female "bitches" running and calling the cops over every little thing.

Two of my friends are dating and got into a "domestic disturbance". She called the cops but didn't want to press charges. The cops took statements and pressed charges on both of them. They both went to court and both paid a huge fine.

So I asked them ..."Did you learn your lesson?" You handle your own business and never call the cops to intervene.

Team Nachos

The anti-bullying hysteria is a product of women (and homosexuals) having too much influence over our society.

For straight men, fighting with other kids and learning how to stand up for yourself is part of becoming a man.

I'm not going to speak to the female experience of bullying through gossip and catty behavior. I just want to point out that the major difference between X years ago and now is that women are all on the internet now, but apparently not savvy enough to know how to use simple features like BLOCK.

Quote: (11-10-2013 12:53 PM)demolition Wrote:  

The anti-bullying hysteria is a product of women (and homosexuals) having too much influence over our society.

For straight men, fighting with other kids and learning how to stand up for yourself is part of becoming a man.

I'm not going to speak to the female experience of bullying through gossip and catty behavior. I just want to point out that the major difference between X years ago and now is that women are all on the internet now, but apparently not savvy enough to know how to use simple features like BLOCK.

Agreed. And the wealthy elites will use their politicians like their little sock puppets to pass laws to attack the first amendment. This is a leftist politician dream. Screw up economically, screw up families, well if anyone calls you out for it is "bullying".

In 10 years places like this great website will be targeted as "bullies" for dare calling women out on their hamster.

I don't believe it is a problem but the media is trying to make it one.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

What I don't get is how in the fuck can you bully someone online? I mean just turn off the computer. To me bullying is getting your ass kicked by someone much bigger than you for no reason at all. But where I come from you have to stand up to true bullies cause most likely they'll leave you alone, most bullies don't like it when their victims fight back.

What sort of bullying are we talking about here? If we're talking about calling out someone for weird-ass behavior, that's one thing. When it becomes just a bunch of guys jumping on the weakest member of the pack in an attempt to raise their own egos then I can't support that. I train with a bunch of wrestlers every now and then to improve my takedown skills for MMA and BJJ. There's one guy there who is the worst wrestler and he's also a bit withdrawn and shy so he gets a fair bit of the ribbing. In this case though, I don't get the feeling that it's truly vicious and that ultimately they are just pushing him to get better and trying to get him to assert himself more. I can get behind that.

I think bullying these days is becoming the way "rape" is. When everything becomes bullying/rape, then nothing is bullying/rape. Just like false rape accusations ultimately hurt the people who are actually being raped since it hangs a cloud of suspicion over them, I think that when you consider random tweets for anonymous trolls or some mild insult as bullying then it's screwing over the people who are actually getting bullied.

I was bullied a ton when I was at summer camp for about 6 years. You would get beat downs, food and stuff taken from you, and verbal abuse. If you fought back it was against a group, and the bully was almost always stronger.

The bullying got less severe as I got older but I still have a fear of talking to groups of people although they don't act anywhere as hostile as back than.

The camp counselors and teachers would do nothing about bullying. Nowadays the victim would be suspended as well which I'm sure does wonders for the mind.

Yes, bullying is a problem and can do a lot of psychological harm if the kid doesn't learn to cope. But the solution is NOT "We must end bullying." It should be, "Here, this is what you do either physically or psychologically to bullies to stop them because you're gonna have bullies you're whole life and you better learn to deal with them now."

Quote: (11-10-2013 11:43 AM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Bullying is a part of growing up. It's a right of passage. It's what separates the men from the boys.
It separates the strong from the weak.

You can argue that kids that were bullied end up being bullies too and that's true. But being a bully is an Alpha male characteristic and that makes you desirable from the female perspective.

Being bullied makes you focus on your weaknesses and want to improve them in order not to be bullied anymore.
Have you been bullied? Not in the way the media is trying to portray it, but in a way that makes you want to drop highschool? When you know that everyday you go to school youre gonna feel like shit?
Do you really think there are no long term consequences from suffering years of stuff like that.
A poster made a post in here about what motivates guys really into weight training, and he said it was not to impress girls, but inner demons and an outlet for aggression. Who do yo think are the guys in their 30`s and 40`s trying to deadlift and squat 1000 pounds? Guys with wrecked bodies still sparring and rolling regularly when they havent had a street fight in years? Who are they still fighting?

Maybe its a cultural thing, i used to know guys that started using roids and insulin at 15-16, heavy stuff like anadrol and shit. By the time they were 17-18 they were 210-220? They went out every single weekend with the soul purpose of beating someone up, and i have seen many times these dudes gang up on 140-150 guys with no fighting experience, innocent kids getting their jaws broken, taken out on ambulances from nightclubs and shit. I guess they manned up and took it like a man right? Maybe you and i are talking about different kinds of bullying.

Quote: (11-10-2013 12:01 PM)Libertas Wrote:  

I don't think people are being bullied anymore now than they used to. I think the only reason why we're hearing about it is because our ability to disseminate information is now almost infinite. And since people are bored, they look for stupid shit that might have a little bit of juice to it. Then they want to feel good about themselves. Hence the anti-bullying campaign.
I was under the impression that school shootings are at an all time high these days, maybe kids these days are just bored thats why they kill their classmates with machine guns. Or maybe its because as you said the ability to disseminate information is almost infinite, if you really want to pick on someone vulnerable you have many more options available these days.

I suggest everyone read the book watch my back, its about a guy who used to be bullied and went on a really long over compensatory phase.