rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Teeth

Brush your teeth and floss.

Anyone got real life experience with getting that celebrity white smile?

I have a semi-dead front tooth which has gotten progressively darker since a handball moron (comparable to football jock) elbowed me in the face in high school many years ago. The rest of my teeth are also too yellow, no doubt from too much coffee and smoking.

So what is the reality of teeth whitening? What works, what doesn't? Maybe we have a dentist on staff.

Teeth

There was an excellent 20-page FAQ made by prominent forum who is a dentist somewhere in the lifestyle section but I don't have the time to search for it now. Someone should have the link. Lots of good advice there, particularly concerning food & drink acidity.

That said, flossing turns out to be even more important than brushing, and sadly that is what most people (me included) neglect because it takes more time than just a simple brush.

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Teeth

Here you go: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-22744.html

Quote:Old Chinese Man Wrote:  
why you wonder how many man another man bang? why you care who bang who mr high school drama man

Teeth

Try this, it seems to have worked well for me. My teeth are very white.

Before bed, flosh your teeth first. Then brush normally. Go to bed.

In the morning, instead of brushing take a swig of Hydrogen Peroxide and swirl it around your mouth. There's no need to brush in the morning since you haven't eaten anything. The double plus good of the hydrogen peroxide is the oral debriding and oxidation properties (antimicrobial) or the peroxide. The peroxide will also whiten your teeth.

I do it because toothpaste was making me sick in the morning for some reason. It seems to work and my dentist things my mouth is an example of good dental hygene.

Teeth

Quote: (11-07-2013 05:14 PM)scandibro Wrote:  

Brush your teeth and floss.

Anyone got real life experience with getting that celebrity white smile?

I have a semi-dead front tooth which has gotten progressively darker since a handball moron (comparable to football jock) elbowed me in the face in high school many years ago. The rest of my teeth are also too yellow, no doubt from too much coffee and smoking.

So what is the reality of teeth whitening? What works, what doesn't? Maybe we have a dentist on staff.

Teeth whitening is an American trade secret that we gleefully keep hidden from the world. Europe is ahead of America in many respects but my God, the dental sector here is in the stone age. Its been too long since I have seen a pearly white smile outside of my bathroom mirror and so I will drop this pearl of wisdom: hydrogen peroxide. It works pretty damn well.

Edit: ^He beat me to it. That said, make sure its food grade hydrogen peroxide. The industrial stuff can be some nasty shit.

Teeth

I have received comments on how bright my smile is - not trying to brag.

This is what I do.

I don't drink coffee or dark soda (well I don't drink soda in general). I eat like a pig, but do brush and floss at night. I brush once in the morning. I swish mouthwash 2 or 3 times a day (I swear by it). I use Listerine Total Care. I make sure it is the last thing in my mouth (easy on the jokes fellas) so it sits there as long as it can.

I think coffee can really color your teeth, or so I have heard.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Teeth

For those averse to flossing, consider purchasing a waterpik. It is a high power pressurized water jet that allows you to effectively clean between your teeth and gum line. From what I've read, if you use a waterpik nightly you can effectively cut down on your need to floss to only 1-2x per week.

I just bought a waterpik water flosser and electric toothbrush last week because I just had braces put on one week ago. I can't imagine having orthodontics and not using a water flosser nightly. There is so much debris that gets lodged in and around the hardware that you really need a good clean in order to prevent decay from setting in.

For those that drink a lot of coffee, sodas, or other potentially teeth staining liquids ... Consider using a straw every time you drink these beverages. Don't swish or swirl the drink around your mouth. Have the liquid completely bypass your teeth and go straight down your throat to minimize the potential of discoloration.