rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Modafinil

Modafinil

Does anyone take it? Is it as great as I am hearing, basically like a limitless drug? I have taken adderall, but I don't love it. Any Americans order it from overseas? From what I have read the biggest risk is a customs seizure. What are your experiences?

Modafinil

Haha I was just thinking about this stuff today. From what I understand, it promotes a kind of extended wakefulness - sort of like the kind of focus you have when you've had a solid sleep, an awesome work out and a great meal. When I've got some money, this is gonna be one of my first purchases. I have a feeling it will be a worthwhile investment.

Modafinil

Have some on order. Expecting shortly.

Modafinil

yes i do. yes it is great. order it from mediflorapharmacy. multiple orders over the last two years been delivered. Sanjiv is great. Can't beat the prices either

Modafinil

I got some Modafinil. It works but its effectiveness declines if you use it all the time. Lots of journalists write an article after the first week of use. It isn't as good as these articles say.

I would get a pill splitter and don't use a full dose. Also, use it only when you need it. It is great for working the day after with a hangover.

Modafinil

I tried modafinil based on other blogs recommendation, but did not see any increased focus, maybe a little of the opposite. If it worked for you - did you take it with other supplements? What is your "brain regimen" ?

Ordered from superdrugsaver . com

Modafinil

I've tried it and took it for a month straight and wouldn't bother personally. I'd say the first three times were somewhat magical as I hadn't ever attained that level of focus before, but the effect waned and it seemed like I was actually becoming tired from taking it. I'd invest in some selegiline, DMAE, Alpha-GPC, tyrosine/phenylalanine, PEA, and other various nootropics, which don't really lose their effectiveness.

Modafinil

I've tried Provigil, the non-generic version of Modafinil, and it made me feel autistic. It helped me stay awake during a time when I was feeling fairly lethargic, but it didn't help me study much. My sense of humor diminished, and I felt like a robot talking to people. Fuck that shit.

My favorite "smart drug" is adderall, but that shit is cray. I've read it isn't much different from Meth, so it's pretty crazy that they're prescribing that shit to young boys because of their so-called "ADHD." What young boy couldn't be diagnosed with ADHD? The matriarchy is drugging this nation's young males in order to eradicate their natural urges!

Personally, nothing works better overall than a healthy diet and exercise, but then again a pill of something like adderall can be pretty fun sometimes.

Modafinil

Modafinil: Part of a balanced breakfast

http://www.thumotic.com/2013/07/22/modaf...breakfast/

There's a lot of hype around Modafinil. It's not the limitless drug. That said, it is fucking awesome. For me, it feels like I've had a great sleep, am in a hungry mood, and am much less susceptible to mental laziness. I find it especially useful when I'm sleep-deprived and/or a bit hungover. Amazing for sports and workouts as well.

Blog: Thumotic
Red Pill links: The Red Pill Review
Follow me on Twitter

Modafinil

Had zero effect for me. Also tried it's cousin, Nuvigil. They say it has stimulant-like properties and others have compared it to the Limitless drug but again, both versions Modafinal and Armodafinil did zero for me.

Modafinil

Quote: (10-01-2013 05:08 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

I've tried Provigil, the non-generic version of Modafinil, and it made me feel autistic. It helped me stay awake during a time when I was feeling fairly lethargic, but it didn't help me study much. My sense of humor diminished, and I felt like a robot talking to people. Fuck that shit.

My favorite "smart drug" is adderall, but that shit is cray. I've read it isn't much different from Meth, so it's pretty crazy that they're prescribing that shit to young boys because of their so-called "ADHD." What young boy couldn't be diagnosed with ADHD? The matriarchy is drugging this nation's young males in order to eradicate their natural urges!

Personally, nothing works better overall than a healthy diet and exercise, but then again a pill of something like adderall can be pretty fun sometimes.

How does adderall make you feel? One of my friends swears by it but it sounds kind of dangerous to take recreationally.

Modafinil

I've been taking it for about a week. 1st few days it gave me a subtle, clear energy - taken at 10 am it lasted me until 6...then i got really tired.

Past few days I've felt kind of tired after taking it, and today I felt somewhat depressed and like I didn't want to socialize or talk to anybody.

^ That's either from Breaking Bad being over, or more likely the provigil doesn't settle well with me.

I think nootropics like Piracetam + choline can work just as well, and are a lot more researched etc.

The tiredness/shitty mood the last few days make me think this really isn't the litmitless drug at all. Many of the other guys who've posted seem to agree. Over-hyped.

Modafinil

Quote: (10-01-2013 11:59 AM)Menace Wrote:  

From what pharmacy?

Modafinil

I got a prescription for Nuvigil (technically armodafinil, an enantiomer of Provigil/modafinil) back in January of this year. I told my doctor that I drive a lot for work (which is true) and that I could use something to keep me awake on 10+ hour road trips. (My mom, after trying a few, also successfully got a prescription, but her "reason" was that she often flew cross-country for work and needed something to get her back on track after catching a red eye home. Worked like a charm.)

Since then I've typically taken it two to three times a week, fairly consistently, although never two days in a row. I work out three days a week and use a pre-workout mix that contains ~250 mg of caffeine. I don't want to become tolerant of either one, so I don't take Nuvigil on workout days (Sun/Tu/Th) and I don't use any caffeine on Nuvigil days (not that you'd need it). I've been doing this since January and still get the full effect from both chemicals (although I rarely get in any caffeine outside of the pre-workout; I'm not much of a coffee guy).

To clarify: I'm 5'6", 140 lbs, and the original dose (150 mg) was actually way too strong, so I break the pills in half and take half a dose in the morning around 7:30 when I wake up.

The effects are incredible. Unlike Adderall or Vyvance, which tend to peak, plateau, and then come down over the course of a day (think of how a bell curve is shaped, with a flatter middle), Nuvigil peaks in about half an hour, then stays constant for about 11 hours, then drops over an hour or so. If I take it right at 7:30 a.m., the effect doesn't start to fade until about 9 p.m. that night, and usually it's fully dissipated by 10 or 10:30. I tend to get in bed between 11 and 11:30 and rarely have trouble falling asleep.

Also unlike the former two, which are stimulants, Nuvigil is a nootropic, and lacks the jitteryness that stims such as caffeine can create in higher doses. Nuvigil is smooth as silk. I'm not "hyper" or "bouncing off the walls," I'm just NOT. TIRED. AT ALL. I'm not necessarily full of energy (like you'd get from a few cups of coffee), but my energy levels are at least normal-to-above-normal, and more importantly CONSISTENT throughout the day. I know that if I need to pound out a report, or see a dozen customers over the course of the day, I won't drop off after lunch or wear myself out as I work. If anything, getting stuff done just seems to add to the effect, as I get a little dopamine rush from crossing things off my to-do list.

One thing that might put off some people is that it really kills your appetite. This is fine for me, as I'm really into intermittent fasting and don't usually eat until late afternoon, but if you're trying to gain weight this could be problematic.

The only other downside for me is also sort of an upside. I've always been a positive person, but the Nuvigil makes me EXTRA positive. Like there's a dose of carpe diem included in the pill somewhere. I constantly find myself taking half a pill when I need to slog through a bunch of crap for work, only to find myself so full of energy and zest for life that I find it hard to focus on tedious paper-pushing and corporate bullshit. It makes me want to self-actualize.

Conversely, it's excellent for day game or anything that requires you to push your comfort zone. Nuvigil puts me into "state," where I feel like I'm the baddest mother fucker around, like I can do anything, like all my systems are pushing 100%. I imagine it's what Superman feels like when he gets a solid dose of sunshine.

Incidentally, the makers of Nuvigil are offering a special deal, good for the rest of 2013, where you can get a free month's worth of pills to start, and then refill for just $5/month (my insurance would otherwise charge me $40 for 30 pills). A pretty solid deal, especially if you break each pill in half like I do.

Just fill out and submit the forms, then print out the card they give you at the end and take it with you when you get your pills at the pharmacy.

http://www.nuvigil.com/OnDemandCenter/Tr...LFree.aspx

Modafinil

tried it 3-4 yrs ago didn't feel much. would like to try a pill or two again anyone wanna share [Image: smile.gif]

Modafinil

Quote: (10-01-2013 06:04 PM)Checkmat Wrote:  

Quote: (10-01-2013 05:08 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

How does adderall make you feel? One of my friends swears by it but it sounds kind of dangerous to take recreationally.

Whoever thinks adderall is anything like meth has been smoking way too much meth.

Dexamphetamine is great. Rail half a 5mg pill and eat the other half (wait about 20 minutes if you're unsure), and you'll be sweet for the night. For the first few times you probably won't really notice that you're on it, but the people around you certainly will. Talking becomes easy (necessary, some might say) and you'll probably just feel good in general, and craving activity. It's a good idea to make sure you have something planned to do, 'cause otherwise you could just end up examining and contemplating every single last detail of a leaf on the floor - especially if you're inexperienced with PEAs.

Note: If you're on any SSRIs or SNRIs, don't hammer it too hard until you know your limits. They can have adverse reactions (don't be too concerned though, just be aware of how your body's reacting)

Also note: They're highly addictive. One of the only PEAs I love and would abuse every day with access. Watch out for that.

Modafinil

Quote: (10-01-2013 06:04 PM)Checkmat Wrote:  

I don't know how dangerous it is, but having taken it a couple of times in college, I remember it making me feel very "manic." I was having a great time, full of energy (almost explosive), stayed up all night, didn't feel extremely tired the next day (with no sleep!).

First time I tried it, I had a paper due the next day on Hobbes' Leviathan, which is a huge philosophical book, that I had only read a few pages of! Being college, I also had to write a 10-15 page paper on it, so imagine the predicament I had put myself in. I had to read over 200 pages and write at the same time! With the pill, I was able to blast through the book, supremely focused (I typically have a hard time focusing) and was able to churn out enough pages for my essay in time! It wasn't the best essay I had ever written, mind you-- it doesn't give you super powers-- but I am sure if I hadn't had that focus to finish through the book in time I would not have had much of anything at all!

Second time I did it, I shared a pill with my then-girlfriend, and we stayed up all night in our little mini party state of mind just going around our college just doing random things. It was a fun time, and again, we stayed up all night, and didn't feel like crashing during the next day.

It's a strong drug, a great drug at times, and I can see how some people can become hooked. It gave me a ton of energy, but also made me a lot more aggressive than I'd usually be. It has it's pluses and minuses.

Modafinil, on the other hand, wasn't as much of an "experience." It was just a decent way to stay awake and focus. It didn't give me any sort of "feeling," the same way adderall did.

Modafinil

Quote: (10-01-2013 06:16 PM)Harvey Specter Wrote:  

Quote: (10-01-2013 11:59 AM)Menace Wrote:  

From what pharmacy?

mymodafinil.net

Not saying it's cheapest. Also have to pay with bitcoin.

Modafinil

Alright, took a tab. I felt a weird feeling in my head, but otherwise I do not necessarily feel more efficient or focused. Is this something you have to take over several days? I certainly don't feel smarter. Does this only work for dumb people?

Modafinil

I've used modafinil on and off going back about 10 years. Sometimes I would take it every day, sometimes not at all, and sometimes only when I felt like I 'needed' it. I've probably pulled more all-nighters and 36+ hours waking periods than anybody you are likely to meet. If anybody has any questions about long-term use/consequences, feel free to ask.

Briefly, the long-term effects of taking modafinil are (so I'm told) similar to the long-term effects of taking Adderal (amphetamine). I personally think the biggest ones (I experienced both of these) are:

1. Personality change. Modafinil makes you slightly autistic or robotic. It can also induce minor euphoria/hypomania. There isn't any scientific evidence to back this, but lots of anecdotal reports say that some of the personality changes can become permanent over time. I believe these effects are similar to but less extreme than amphetamine. Long-term amphetamine usage can actually cause psychosis (hypomania itself has some psychotic features).

2. Digestive issues. Uppers make you constipated. Long term constipation is not good for your body. If I take modafinil on a daily basis now, a few days into it I will get the feeling like I have to take a shit, but nothing but mucus will come out (seriously). I've never seen anyone else report this but not many people have been taking modafinil for as long as I have. I have seen it reported in regards to Adderal. When I finally have a bowel movement, there will be blood involved. The blood I believe is from internal hemorrhoids, which can be caused/aggravated by long term constipation. This problem goes away completely when I stop taking modafinil.

Having said all that, it's a great drug. Probably one of the most "next level shit" type drugs that are on the market. It's not as strong as Adderal but it is a lot cleaner and you can take it much, much longer before any nasty side effects set in.

Edit: I forgot to mention this, for anybody wanting to try this drug out. Modafinil can cause an extremely serious allergic reaction in a small number of people called Stevens-Johnson Syndrome. Basically, all your skin falls off. You DO NOT WANT this. Start out with a *very* small dose and ramp it up slowly from there, and watch your skin for any signs of rashes. This reaction is rare but it *does* happen. It doesn't necessarily have to happen right away, it can be delayed a week or two from the onset of usage. Once you've *cautiously* used the drug for that length of time, you are out of the woods and can feel free to go hog wild. Once again not trying to scare anyone away from the drug (I love it), but urging caution on your first few doses.

Modafinil

I also wonder if the people saying Modafinil didn't do much for them weren't sleep deprived or had other sleeping issues. I mean, it's prescribed for narcolepsy and other hypersomnias. So I assume it's focused on getting your brain to stay awake. But if you're already awake and alert...

Not happening. - redbeard in regards to ETH flippening BTC

Modafinil

Quote: (10-08-2013 01:09 PM)bachelor tax Wrote:  

2. Digestive issues. Uppers make you constipated. Long term constipation is not good for your body. If I take modafinil on a daily basis now, a few days into it I will get the feeling like I have to take a shit, but nothing but mucus will come out (seriously). I've never seen anyone else report this but not many people have been taking modafinil for as long as I have. I have seen it reported in regards to Adderal. When I finally have a bowel movement, there will be blood involved. The blood I believe is from internal hemorrhoids, which can be caused/aggravated by long term constipation. This problem goes away completely when I stop taking modafinil.

Uppers seem to have the opposite affect on me. As soon as I take them I have to shit.

Modafinil

Can anyone vouch for an online pharmacy?

Modafinil

edandmore.com

i've purchased from them with no hassles

i took 200mg this morning. initial come on is a little noticeable but then after that just good energy and positive mood all day

Modafinil

Quote: (10-08-2013 07:10 PM)Genghis Khan Wrote:  

I also wonder if the people saying Modafinil didn't do much for them weren't sleep deprived or had other sleeping issues. I mean, it's prescribed for narcolepsy and other hypersomnias. So I assume it's focused on getting your brain to stay awake. But if you're already awake and alert...
I get 8 hours of sleep, exercise, eat well, and pretty focused without modafinil (which does not seem to work for me) Any suggestions on how to make it work?