rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Race is a waste of time.

Race is a waste of time.

I've been reading this board for some time now. When I first started reading the travel section I was pleasantly surprised at how supportive members of different backgrounds were towards each other.

Then I engaged the search function.

And found a train wreck.

The Zimmerman thread perfectly summarizes everything that's wrong with the "manosphere". From petty jealousies and insecurities, intellectualized justifications for prejudices, to outright lies and hatred. Everyone seems to want to be the victim at the same time: Blacks for being oppressed, whites for being blamed for the oppression, Hispanics for being ignored/marginalized or worse yet, lumped in with one or the other group.

But guess what fellas? We are all in the same boat. I've lived on three continents (technically two because Europe isn't really a continent) and I can tell you this: you could take your Google translate app to the highest mountains of Tibet, the deepest jungles of the Congo, or the outermost reaches of Aborigine territory and talking to the men there you would find that you had more in common with them, and they with you, than either of you had with your sisters or girlfriends.

Stated more succinctly, the Black Panther and the Klansman have more in common each other than they do their own wives. You know why? Because the Black Panther's wife bitched at him about the toilet seat (again) at the same time the Klansman's wife was grousing about his failure to notice her new bathroom decorations.

Race is a social construct who's sole effect through history has been to separate men from each other and prevent progress. Are there differences? Sure. But they are largely statistical variances that are irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. If we cease to give them so much emotional credence, they will cease to have any significant impact on our lives.

And women use it. They use race to aggravate our insecurities and pit us against one one another. They take sides to curry favor, they build up our resentment towards one another, all the time playing the puppeteer with our emotions. As men, we should not allow this.

Victimhood is a female trait. It is built into their DNA to seek comfort in security and to fear freedom and liberty as threats to that security. It's not an evil trait, it's what makes them great nurturers and protectors of children. But in a man this trait becomes acidic to his ability to respect the personhood and liberty of other men.

I say all that to say this: We are all on the same team, fellas.

This is my first post.

Race is a waste of time.

Totally agree. We are on the same team.

As a black guy, upon seeing certain attitudes to race I've tried to look past it for the golden advice dispensed most times rather than shun the whole manosphere which has honestly helped me a lot over the last couple of years. Increasingly you see feminists throw race into their argument which at that point i want to punch my screen, with most topics race should have no relevance here.

1st post as well.

Race is a waste of time.

+1, solid first post

Race is a waste of time.

I understand your basic premise (even though some of your analogies may be off) that "men should stick together because women are the real culprits" but i will say that most of the race threads here are about black men asking other black men how they were treated in certain countries. Until the Zimmerman trial happened of course.....

But the black guy threads are EXTREMELY helpful to other black guys because I dont care how positive, upbeat, rich, muscular, you are as a black guy, there are certain places in this country, this world even, that your black skin is to much of a detriment to get over in that specific place. So its best to be aware of these obstacles if you still choose to venture there.

Here is a caption from QuestLove of the world famous Roots crew. Hip Hop's one and only live band. This is his experience in New York City of all places:

Race is a waste of time.

Any statement like "X is a social construct" gets an automatic eyeroll from me.

Members of this board are very cognizant of race because:

1. In the U.S., certain population/racial groups are treated differently in popular discourse and public policy than other groups, similar to how women get the kid gloves in media and affirmative action, so the parallels are difficult to ignore.

2. A lot of us travel a lot, and see the massive differences in how we are received from country to country, and even city to city. Hence the Nordic men in Latin America, black guys in Sweden, and Asian guys in Mediterranean Europe memes.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Race is a waste of time.

I don't like race threads, and I think we've been having way too many around here.

I will say this though. Race is a natural construct. It's in our genes. It's in our instincts to stay with people of similar traits.

Being accepting of other races is a Social Construct. People tend to stay within groups of comfort. This is the same with nationality.

Even within the white race, the various bloodlines, for example a Pole meeting a Ukrainian, or a Swede and Finlandian, builds a connection with someone that you just meet.

I know a lot of Polish people here in America that hang out with JUST Polish people, even though they were born and raised here. This goes the same with other groups, or nationalities. If people recognize their background and identity, they will gravitate towards it. That's not to say they won't have a few friends of other races, of course.

It's similar to something like this forum. We all gravitate towards it because we have similar beliefs and values. We're more willing to meet someone from this forum than some random forum.

Race is a waste of time.

Quote: (08-03-2013 02:01 PM)PhilE Wrote:  

I understand your basic premise (even though some of your analogies may be off) that "men should stick together because women are the real culprits" but i will say that most of the race threads here are about black men asking other black men how they were treated in certain countries. Until the Zimmerman trial happened of course.....

But the black guy threads are EXTREMELY helpful to other black guys because I dont care how positive, upbeat, rich, muscular, you are as a black guy, there are certain places in this country, this world even, that your black skin is to much of a detriment to get over in that specific place. So its best to be aware of these obstacles if you still choose to venture there.

Here is a caption from QuestLove of the world famous Roots crew. Hip Hop's one and only live band. This is his experience in New York City of all places:

Where's the caption Sir?

"I have refused to wear a condom all of my life, for a simple reason – if I’m going to masturbate into a balloon why would I need a woman?"

Race is a waste of time.

I liked the first part of your post, before you got into the 'race was created by women' stuff.

Race is a waste of time.

@Kabal and Phil

I understand that as a practical matter race is very real. Further, I have no problem with the threads about who does well in which places. But we can't fall into the trap of shooting at each other.

Whether or not there are real genetic differences between us or not those differences have very little intrinsic value. You are my brothers and I intend to treat you as such. Racial differences are like jewels. People are terribly attatched to them but only posess the emotional value we attach to them.

In short: yes Black Guy Who Speaks Russian will have some doors opened for him just like Blond Guy In Third World Country will. All I'm saying is there's no need for them to resent each others' success.

And there's way too much of that going around. Not just here, but everywhere.

Race is a waste of time.

Quote: (08-03-2013 02:12 PM)Kabal Wrote:  

2. A lot of us travel a lot, and see the massive differences in how we are received from country to country, and even city to city. Hence the Nordic men in Latin America, black guys in Sweden, and Asian guys in Mediterranean Europe memes.

Wait I must have missed this one - are you saying cities of south Italy, Greece, and Croatia-Serbia are a poosy paradise for Asian guys?

Race is a waste of time.

I was pleasantly surprised at how supportive members of different backgrounds were towards each other.

The reality is far far far from that. I noticed people go out of their way to help someone out on internet.
eg: you can ask about fixing your car on a car forum. Some stranger will go through every detail to help you.

This is not possible in real life. you need to go through a lot of steps to ask for such free help.

People will act different in real life and online too.
Say some guy is asking about his awkwardness in a social setting.
One stranger guy will give him advices and try to boost his confidence.

What if that stranger guy see a person like him in person? I bet he will laugh at him and he wouldn't want to hang out with the guy since his awkwardness makes him look weird too.

I say it's fair since I will do the same. I am just trying to describe the reality as it is.

Race is a waste of time.

I pretty much like all races except for black people... Don't care who it offends.

I used to be one of these anti-racist liberal types before I lived in a black area for a year. Never again.

Race is a waste of time.

Quote:Quote:

I've been reading this board for some time now. When I first started reading the travel section I was pleasantly surprised at how supportive members of different backgrounds were towards each other.

Then I engaged the search function.

And found a train wreck.

The Zimmerman thread perfectly summarizes everything that's wrong with the "manosphere".

Please. The melodrama.

From petty jealousies and insecurities, intellectualized justifications for prejudices, to outright lies and hatred. Everyone seems to want to be the victim at the same time: Blacks for being oppressed, whites for being blamed for the oppression, Hispanics for being ignored/marginalized or worse yet, lumped in with one or the other group.

Making broad accusations like this without sharing your own position is cowardly behavior. The moment you weighed in on the Zimmerman case, people would start pointing out flaws in your thinking and you'd have to defend it. You would learn in the process. That is the whole point of spirited debate. But then you wouldn't be able to pretend to be above it all and make shallow generalizations about a 30-page thread.

It's one thing not to care about some topic or another, or think that gender is more important than race. It's another to sit back and call people jealous, insecure, and categorize arguments as "intellectual justifications for prejudice" for talking about a topic without having the balls to take a position yourself. (Or even cite specific instances of the kind of behavior you're calling out)

Race is a waste of time.

1. In the U.S., certain population/racial groups are treated differently in popular discourse and public policy than other groups, similar to how women get the kid gloves in media and affirmative action, so the parallels are difficult to ignore.

Americans shouldn't partake in race discussions.

Race is a waste of time.

Quote: (08-04-2013 08:50 AM)Blaster Wrote:  

Please. The melodrama.

I would characterize it as "effective rhetoric". [Image: banana.gif]

Making broad accusations like this without sharing your own position is cowardly behavior. The moment you weighed in on the Zimmerman case, people would start pointing out flaws in your thinking and you'd have to defend it. You would learn in the process. That is the whole point of spirited debate. But then you wouldn't be able to pretend to be above it all and make shallow generalizations about a 30-page thread.

It's one thing not to care about some topic or another, or think that gender is more important than race. It's another to sit back and call people jealous, insecure, and categorize arguments as "intellectual justifications for prejudice" for talking about a topic without having the balls to take a position yourself. (Or even cite specific instances of the kind of behavior you're calling out)

It would not be constructive to call people out by name. Such a provocation would not be productive. Putting people on the defensive about their individual views would only serve to exacerbate the problem I'm trying to address. The point of the OP was to address the broader issue of why people are giving in to their base instincts rather than being the more intellectual thinkers they are capable of being on non-race topics.

How many times have you been trying to focus on something and had one of those yapping dogs come along and break your concentration. You have to fight the urge to snap the little fuckers neck because that's what responsible people do. They don't go around assassinating chihuahuas. So it is with race. We all have prejudices. We are all guilty of one "-ism" or another at one point in time or another depending on our mood and circumstances.

But as with the yapping rat with the pink collar, as high thinkers we resist those lower instincts and are better men for it. Malignant tribalism is indeed born to most males. It is our natural tendency towards competition that leads us to join frats, root for sports teams, bet on outcomes and of course pit race against race. Sports are a healthy outlet. But race is decidedly less so because the result is that we undermine our own success by truncating relationships with potential allies (like other members of this board). It's self destructive in the long run.

In short, everyone has the right to feel certain pangs of resentment toward others for less than noble reasons. But we should all consider the corrosive effect on the community that succumbing to those base instincts will produce.

Race is a waste of time.

Quote: (08-04-2013 11:52 AM)Mack Four Wrote:  

It would not be constructive to call people out by name. Such a provocation would not be productive. Putting people on the defensive about their individual views would only serve to exacerbate the problem I'm trying to address. The point of the OP was to address the broader issue of why people are giving in to their base instincts rather than being the more intellectual thinkers they are capable of being on non-race topics.

You say this, but my guess is that you mean something like "It would be hard and require much effort to argue the nuances of the Zimmerman case" or "It would take a long time". People don't always instantly go on the defensive during an argument, especially if you're considering their position and offer reasonable counterarguments or (if anything) share your detailed position that's grounded in personal experience.

They do go on the defensive though if you just throw out blanket statements like "Everybody wants to play the victim card", "X commentators are guilty of petty jealousy and insecurities", "X commentators are guilty of outright lies and hatred", etc.

That's actually a form of dismissing their argument and dodging the question, much like you're doing here - Blaster calls you out on your shit and you reply with "It would not be constructive ... not productive ... ".

Race is a waste of time.

Quote: (08-03-2013 01:35 PM)Mack Four Wrote:  

They take sides to curry favor

IRT?

Race is a waste of time.

The most annoying thing about race issues in this country is how absurdly one-sided they are, which has been exemplified over and over in recent events. Zimmerman shoots a man who was banging his head into the pavement, but because he was black, the media creates a narrative to generate national outrage. Paula Deen admits to saying the word "nigger" two decades ago, and has her professional reputation and career ruined. Professional football player Riley Cooper gets drunk and has some kind of altercation with a black person and calls him a nigger in anger, and is currently in the midst of character assassination exceeding that which was applied to players who were accused murderers and convicted animal abusers.

Race matters because it is the 800 lb. gorilla in the room that we're simply not allowed to discuss honestly. The fact that it is such a taboo subject is, ironically, the entire reason that it creates such problems. Imagine if Riley Cooper, instead of being forced to undergo the rituals of public contrition and self-flagellation which are necessary to "rehabilitate" someone who has dared to trespass across the line of racial controversy, could simply stand up and say something like, "I recently got into an altercation with a black man and called him a nigger. We were drunk and angry, and I was careless in my language. I apologize if anyone was offended."

Instead, anyone who is involved in a race controversy must do this public song and dance which is designed to completely emasculate and humiliate them. They must "seek counseling" and "consult with black leaders" to learn about how offensive and uncaring they are, and how awful it is for a white person to say the word nigger in the presence of a black person. The whole thing is such an enormous farce that it ultimately creates more racism against blacks than it prevents. It allows blacks this platform to pretend that the biggest problem in the black community is that white people occasionally say the word nigger. Give me a fucking break. It's a complete joke. Every white and hispanic person who sees this walks away thinking, "Are these people serious? Black youths run around murdering each other by the thousands and these people are concerned with isolated cases of white people saying the word nigger?"

[size=8pt]"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.”[/size] [size=7pt] - Romans 8:18[/size]

Race is a waste of time.

Racism is one of those "social activism" things that will never ever go away simply because there's an entrenched group of progressives with a stake in keeping it going. First it was abolitionists that had a problem with slavery, so slavery was abolished. Then it was voting rights and being able to use the same crapper as whites, so segregation ended. Then workplace and housing discrimination, then racially motivated violence, then college admissions, then racial slurs, and finally they're fighting against shooting a black guy that's beating the living shit out of you on the off chance that it may have been racially motivated.

You can see the progression, starting with severe social problems and slowly progressing to just obsessive compulsive nitpicking. Anti-smoking activists do the same thing: first it was making tobacco companies admit their products caused cancer, then getting smokers out of the workplace, then bars, and now it's secondhand smoke just standing near a smoker outside... Even if everyone in the world were to stop smoking and all tobacco companies went out of business there'd be anti-smoking activists crusading against campfires and car exhaust.

A lot of it is the fact that these activists' careers and paychecks are dependent on being able to claim the problem still exists, and a lot of it is the OCPD witch hunt psychology that 2Wycked's talked about.

Race is a waste of time.

Quote: (08-04-2013 10:45 AM)kosko Wrote:  

I sense an element of Poe's Law...

Quote: (08-04-2013 07:51 PM)BortimusPrime Wrote:  

Racism is one of those "social activism" things that will never ever go away simply because there's an entrenched group of progressives with a stake in keeping it going. First it was abolitionists that had a problem with slavery, so slavery was abolished. Then it was voting rights and being able to use the same crapper as whites, so segregation ended. Then workplace and housing discrimination, then racially motivated violence, then college admissions, then racial slurs, and finally they're fighting against shooting a black guy that's beating the living shit out of you on the off chance that it may have been racially motivated.

If progressivism stopped with earning equal rights for all, it would had died a hero. Instead, it has lived long enough to see itself become the villain.

Quote: (08-03-2013 04:39 PM)PoosyWrecker Wrote:  

Wait I must have missed this one - are you saying cities of south Italy, Greece, and Croatia-Serbia are a poosy paradise for Asian guys?

According to multiple anecdotal accounts on this board; yes (hence why I call it a meme).

I should be finding out firsthand before year end as far as Greece goes; I will report back when the time comes.

#NoSingleMoms
#NoHymenNoDiamond
#DontWantDaughters

Race is a waste of time.

Race is a waste of time.

LOL...holy shit. I was typing up my response above and I got a call to go somewhere and when i came back i said fuck it...i don't feel like typing the rest....lol....i guess i hit post before i left lol...but anyway here is the continuation of my post.
Quote: (08-03-2013 02:01 PM)PhilE Wrote:  

QuestLove from the Roots:

I'm in scenarios all the time in which primitive, exotic-looking me — six-foot-two, 300 pounds, uncivilized Afro, for starters — finds himself in places where people who look like me aren't normally found. I mean, what can I do? I have to be somewhere on Earth, correct? In the beginning — let's say 2002, when the gates of "Hey, Ahmir, would you like to come to [swanky elitist place]?" opened — I'd say "no," mostly because it's been hammered in my DNA to not "rock the boat," which means not making "certain people" feel uncomfortable.

I mean, that is a crazy way to live. Seriously, imagine a life in which you think of other people's safety and comfort first, before your own. You're programmed and taught that from the gate. It's like the opposite of entitlement.

The problem is, I do have desires to go to certain places and do certain things and enjoy the perks and benefits of being a person who works his arse off as much as I do. So I got over my hang-ups of not wanting to be the odd guy in the room sometime around 2007. It's been mixed results at best. Some of it is "Oh, that wasn't that bad"; some of it is "Well, that was awkward … " This is the prime reason I hate vacations. I don't feel like being the "odd guy out" at vacation spots, hence the reason my 2009 hobo journey train trip was my best vacation ever. There's no scaring people on a train ride. My friends know that I hate parking lots and elevators, not because they are places that danger could occur, but it's a prime place in which someone of my physical size can be seen as a dangerous element. I wait and wait in cars until I feel it's safe for me to make people feel safe. I know most of y'all are eye-rolling, but if you spent a good three months in these size fourteens, you'd understand why I take that position.

I recently told a friend one of these stories: I live in a "nice" building. I work hard. You know I work hard. My logic is (naïve alert in 5, 4, 3, 2 … ) "Well, there can't be any fear of any type in this building" — you've got to go through hell and high water just to get accepted to live here, like it's Dartmouth or UPenn. Secondly, there are, like, five to eight guards on duty 24/7, so this spot is beyond safe. Like, Oscar winners and kids of royalty and sports guys and mafia goombahs live here. One night, I get in the elevator, and just as the door closes this beautiful woman gets on. Because of a pain in the arse card device you have to use to get to your floor, it just makes it an easier protocol for whoever is pressing floors to take everyone's request, like when you are at the window of a drive-thru. So I press my floor number, and I ask her, "What floor, ma'am?" (Yes, I say "ma'am," because … sigh, anyway.) She says nothing, stands in the corner. Mind you, I just discovered the Candy Crush app, so if anything, I'm the rude one because I'm more obsessed with winning this particular level than anything else. In my head I'm thinking, There's no way I can be a threat to a woman this fine if I'm buried deep in this game — so surely she feels safe.

The humor comes in that I thought she was on my floor because she never acknowledged my floor request. (She was also bangin', so inside I was like, "Dayuuuuuuuuuuum, she lives on my floor? *bow chicka wowow*!" Instantly I was on some "What dessert am I welcome-committee-ing her with?") Anywho, the door opens, and I waited to let her off first because I am a gentleman. (Old me would've rushed first, thus not putting me in the position to have to follow her, God forbid if she, too, makes a left and it seems like I'm following her.) So door opens and I flirt, "Ladies first." She says, "This is not my floor." Then I assume she is missing her building card, so I pulled my card out to try to press her floor yet again. She says, "That's okay."

Then it hit me: "Oh God, she purposely held that information back." The door closed. It was a "pie in the face" moment.
I laughed at it. Sort of.

Inside I cried. But if I cried at every insensitive act that goes on in the name of safety, I'd have to be committed to a psych ward. I've just taught myself throughout the years to just accept it and maybe even see it as funny. But it kept eating at me (Well, I guess she never watched the show … My English was super clear … I called her "ma'am" like I was Webster … Those that know you know that you're cool, but you definitely know that you are a walking rape nightmare — right, Ahmir? Of course she was justified in not saying her floor. That was her prerogative! You are kinda scary-looking, I guess?). It's a bajillion thoughts, all of them self-depreciating voices slowly eating my soul away.

The bolded is what some white guys on this board can never understand. QuestLove is a Millionaire living in a building only accessible by Millionaires and she still felt threatened. How can some of you not understand how it is to be: a black guy, of MEANS/SUCCESS, in a suit or some other non-threatening attire, and to talk to a woman because you are ATTRACTED to her...and for her not to only disavow your attraction, but almost disavows you as a man....and to a certain extent a human.

I have been through this COUNTLESS times and I DO NOT LIKE THE FEELING of someone not giving me a chance on the sole purpose they don't consider my race at all, thus we're not even men. And then to be actually ATTRACTED to that person and for that person to perceive you as sub-human is an emotional roller coaster only filled with valleys and no peaks.

So when black guys ask "Is Country X open to black guys" you understand the reason. Why go to a country where even if you are well dressed, non-threatening, articulate, respectful and on top of that YOU ARE A MAN OF MEANS...BUT......if you are black you will STILL be seen as less than.

With as big as the world is I would want to spend less time in the countries that breed women that act like the chick in the elevator and more with chicks that are open minded. And the quickest way to find that information out is to ask other black men who may have visited those countries

Race is a waste of time.

Quote: (08-04-2013 08:14 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

That was amazing.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Race is a waste of time.

Quote: (08-03-2013 04:39 PM)PoosyWrecker Wrote:  

Well, I don't know if they are poosy paradises, but my friend who is Chinese did a semester abroad in Southern France, and he told me a few different girls came up to him and banged just because they were curious about Asian men.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Race is a waste of time.

Quote: (08-04-2013 04:31 PM)scorpion Wrote:  

The most annoying thing about race issues in this country is how absurdly one-sided they are, which has been exemplified over and over in recent events. Zimmerman shoots a man who was banging his head into the pavement, but because he was black, the media creates a narrative to generate national outrage.

Whoa! If there's anything that's "absurdly one-sided," it's this patently false summation you just made.

Correction: Wannabe cop Zimmerman aggressively profiled an unarmed teenage boy who rightfully began running before Zimmerman, against the 911 operator's instruction, got out of his vehicle and pursued him on foot. Zimmerman was armed. Martin was not. Martin ended up dead with only skittles and iced tea in his possession. Zimmerman acquitted. Certainly cause for national outrage.

Paula Deen admits to saying the word "nigger" two decades ago, and has her professional reputation and career ruined.

Rightfully so. She represents an old era that doesn't reflect the views of a rapidly diversifying and economically empowered American consumer base, hence her corporate sponsors dropping her like a bad habit. The almighty dollar has spoken. Good riddance.

Professional football player Riley Cooper gets drunk and has some kind of altercation with a black person and calls him a nigger in anger, and is currently in the midst of character assassination exceeding that which was applied to players who were accused murderers and convicted animal abusers.

Kinda ironic that Cooper chose a profession where the majority of his colleagues are, in fact, black men. I can see his teammates, coaches, sponsors and fans being uncomfortable with him as a result of his awfully poor choice of words. That's on him. He should know better being in the position that he's in. The dollar, again, carries weight.

Race matters because

We've got some racist mf's in this world. They're like roaches.