rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Major League Baseball Thread

Did not see a thread about MLB so I figured I would start one up.

The team to win the AL and the World Series IMO is the Detroit Tigers. I believe this is our year to win it all. Why? Best starting pitching staff in the league, top 5 fielding %, best hitter in the league, and best overall team hitting. Our weaknesses? Suspect relief staff. All we need to do is make a trade for someone like Papelbon and that will complete our rotation.

As for the team to win the NL, my vote will go to St. Louis. Best fielding team in the league, top 5 starting rotation, top 5 offense. They have the same weakness as the Tigers, a suspect relief staff.

Best Hitter in baseball is still Miggy.

Best Pitcher in baseball is probably Kershaw right now.

My final thought is this...Miggy is the best hitter (other than Bonds) I have ever seen. Manny had 45 home runs and 160+ RBIs one year but I think Miggy will have a chance to surprise that. Plus he is in a pitchers ballpark.

Oh yeah, baseball parks and the surrounding area are some of the best places to pick up girls in America. From beer lounges to the bars surrounding the area you will be sure to find half nekked and loose women for the taking. Just open about the game or the team and have at it.

What are your thoughts on the season?

A man is only as faithful as his options-Chris Rock

Oh man I am in Asia right now and before that was in Latin America for 2 years. I MISS PROFESSIONAL BASEBALL!!!! There really is nothing like getting to the park, having cold beer, and eating 5 hotdogs. Most people are pretty chill too. Huge Dodger fan btw, I'm stoked off Kershaw.

Quote: (06-21-2013 01:58 PM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

Did not see a thread about MLB so I figured I would start one up.

The team to win the AL and the World Series IMO is the Detroit Tigers. I believe this is our year to win it all. Why? Best starting pitching staff in the league, top 5 fielding %, best hitter in the league, and best overall team hitting. Our weaknesses? Suspect relief staff. All we need to do is make a trade for someone like Papelbon and that will complete our rotation.

I'm a big Dodgers fan like sylo. Our relief pitching is so shitty right now that the Dodgers may actually pursue Valverde. Then again, many a pitcher has been reborn in the NL west.

the playoffs are a crapshoot. i thought Detroit was going to win last year as well, but they couldn't do jack in the series against what was probably a weaker team in SF.

check 2011, where texas was easily the best team in the league and got taken down by the cardinals.

so its whoever gets hot in the playoffs.

that being said, I think detroit looks pretty darn good, but wouldn't sleep on the diamondbacks, the cards and reds

Seems like the NL has done well recently. Maybe if the AL won the ASG home field will give them the advantage.

Go TIGERS

Happy as hell that my beloved Cincinnati Reds got rid of Dusty Baker. Embarrassing end of the season for us, lost the last six games. Baker's idea of motivation was, "in a five game series, we don't feel any real sense of urgency until game 5" (actual quote something along those lines)

Last season's ending was an embarassment too, 2-0 against the Giants in the playoffs then they came back for 3 solid games to win a 5 game series.

The Pittsburgh crowd managed to get under our starting pitcher's skin during the Wildcard game, peep it:

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

I think it will be Boston and St. Louis in the World Series. St. Louis always seems to figure it out in October, and they have the best postseason hitter in Carlos Beltran (unless Wainwright is pitching to him). Boston has found the magic again after a few down years and Miggy is hurt. He'll get his hits, but there's no pop in the bat and you can see it.

10/14/15: The day I learned that convicted terrorists are treated with more human dignity than veterans.

My Red Sox are lookin' real good right now, I'm loving it. Huge baseball fan.

I'd love to see a Pittsburgh-LA NLCS.

And without Miggy being his normal self, the Tigers' offense looks a lot less intimidating.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As a lifelong Yankee fan coming off of a very disappointing season I'm gonna say anybody but Boston is fine.

The troll in me is kind of rooting for the Pirates though. No postseason appearances since 1992 means it's been a long time coming for them.

Quote: (06-21-2013 01:58 PM)CThunder86 Wrote:  

Oh yeah, baseball parks and the surrounding area are some of the best places to pick up girls in America. From beer lounges to the bars surrounding the area you will be sure to find half nekked and loose women for the taking. Just open about the game or the team and have at it.

Would be a fun project for someone to travel to all the ball parks and list which ones are the best for that area.

Read my Latest at Return of Kings: 11 Lessons in Leadership from Julius Caesar
My Blog | Twitter

Yeh our offense is struggling. I'll take a split at Oakland though.

We should win game 3 and hopefully close out with a game 4 win.

Cubs suck... that's my contribution. [Image: smile.gif]

Red Sox - dodgers - going to be a hell of a world series. 2 teams in fine form

I am hoping for Pittsburgh vs Oakland just to rain on all of the big market teams' parades. If it is Boston vs Los Angeles, it would just be 2 teams that went out and bought a pennant(at least they spent well)

I would love to see a Pitts vs Detroit WS. I love watching Pitt play.

Not looking good for my boys in DET. Our offense is sour. We can manufacture any runs via steals, hit and run or anything that is small ball. That's the kind of offense you need in the playoffs.

Big win for the Tigers.

I expect JV to come through like he did in Game 2.

Go Tigers

You guys have Verlander on the mound tonight so that could help.

Hoping for a Tigers win tonight, just because I think they have a better chance at beating Boston, but I'm a bit out of the loop when it comes to the A's.

My Blog | Twitter

http://www.vipboxonline.eu/baseball/1829...nline.html

here is the live stream of the game 5(oakland vs detroit). I am a livelong oakland fan, I really like what I see from sonny gray getting good movement on his fastball.

edited, this link is a lot better.

Verlander is dealing

We need to get going. sonny Gray has two pitches. How have we not gotten a hit?

Quote: (10-10-2013 07:54 PM)master_thespian Wrote:  

http://www.vipboxonline.eu/baseball/1829...nline.html

here is the live stream of the game 5(oakland vs detroit). I am a livelong oakland fan, I really like what I see from sonny gray getting good movement on his fastball.

[Image: puke.gif]

well carbrera just hit a two run bomb, the way verlander is going, that may be enough

Should be an exciting couple of LCS series.

Hoping for a Dodgers win now so that Don Mattingly can get his ring.

My Blog | Twitter

Any one ever go to Florida to hangout for Spring Training?

Quote: (03-30-2016 03:40 PM)dark_g Wrote:  

Any one ever go to Florida to hangout for Spring Training?

The last time I went was 4 years ago with my dad. Hit up 4 Gulf Coast stadiums. Its the best place to interact with good baseball fans, as someone who's not a hardcore Twins, Blue Jays fan etc. is not going to justify spending cash and vacation days to go watch practice games.

Next time I go down, I wanna go check out the back fields and watch how the 19 and 20 year-olds are performing. These games are free, and with a game that is getting younger and younger will possibly feature next year's rookie's and future all stars.

With 3 games slated today, Major League Baseball is back! Who do you guys think has the chops to win it all this year?

Will KC repeat?
Will the Chicago Cubs end their drought after spending big to reload their lineup?
Will SF keep their even year magic up in 2016?
Will the Diamondbacks compete in the top heavy NL west after going all in to acquire pitching?

I don't know about you all but for me March 2016 was one of the slowest months in recent memory, due to a horseshit job and actively waiting for opening day to arrive. Now its here, and everything just makes sense when hearing the crack of a catcher's mitt corralling a 95 MPH fastball.

Happy opening day guys!