rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Abercrombie & Fitch CEO Explains Why He Dislikes Fat Girls

Abercrombie & Fitch’s CEO, Michael Jefferies, doesn’t like fat chicks and doesn’t want them to ruin his brand.

Who's that gay-guy host? Is he famous?

I find it interesting that fat girls (and their apologists) always and immediately resort to personal insults based on appearance--which they take so much offense to themselves--to respond to their detractors.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

My two favorite parts of the video is the even lamer sidekick.

I don't even know why they show him.

1:30 "Alright"
3:07 "It's bad"

lol

I haven't followed A&F's financials not sure how it is doing. I could see the logic, especially if much of its success is built on attitude and self obsessed coolness.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

I love how much that got under the hosts skin.

I didn't find the CEO to be ugly.

By the way, what are these guys called? Fat apologists? Fat knights? Fitness deniers?

And tuth are you ignoring my pm or what?

For this type of gear, I think Hollister is doing much better, along with American Eagle. That's just from the eyeball test here in NYC. I don't know it that's due to their policies, or just due to the fact that something newer and hotter always comes along eventually.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

I don't know why this story became national news. There are many brands that don't make clothes in large sizes. Can you buy Dolce and Gabana in fat sizes? Or Armani? Or Diesel? Or any of these boutique stores with top European brands? I don't see fat people wearing those either. I don't know why they are singling out A&F, which is certainly not a top tier brand for anyone out of high school.

That Mickey Rourke looking muthafucka pissed a lot of people off. Why do people care so much? Just don't shop there.

Quote: (06-16-2013 04:57 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

I don't know why this story became national news. There are many brands that don't make clothes in large sizes. Can you buy Dolce and Gabana in fat sizes? Or Armani? Or Diesel? Or any of these boutique stores with top European brands? I don't see fat people wearing those either. I don't know why they are singling out A&F, which is certainly not a top tier brand for anyone out of high school.

It was his defiant "That's right, fuck you fatties" response that made it news. You don't hear or see the CEOs or other officers of the other brands discussing or responding to the complaints of fatties. The brutal honesty about the policy was definitely unusual. You're right in that this policy isn't unique in the rag business. Gianni Versace was asked why he didn't create a line with a lower price point, and he responded that he didn't want those kind of people wearing his clothes. He wanted his brand targeted to a certain income bracket, and I'm sure he also didn't go plus size either.

Frankly, there's a lot of room in the plus size market for someone enterprising that wants to step in and make stylish or popular clothes for fatties. There are certainly enough large people in the US where it would be smart to market directly to them. The day after the Academy Awards, brands are starting work on low-cost replicas of the dresses stars wore to the awards. The same could be done for fatties, and market to the demographic of fatties that aren't old enough to want to shop at Lane Bryant.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (06-16-2013 05:19 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Quote: (06-16-2013 04:57 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

It was his defiant "That's right, fuck you fatties" response that made it news. You don't hear or see the CEOs or other officers of the other brands discussing or responding to the complaints of fatties. The brutal honesty about the policy was definitely unusual. You're right in that this policy isn't unique in the rag business. Gianni Versace was asked why he didn't create a line with a lower price point, and he responded that he didn't want those kind of people wearing his clothes. He wanted his brand targeted to a certain income bracket, and I'm sure he also didn't go plus size either.

Frankly, there's a lot of room in the plus size market for someone enterprising that wants to step in and make stylish or popular clothes for fatties. There are certainly enough large people in the US where it would be smart to market directly to them. The day after the Academy Awards, brands are starting work on low-cost replicas of the dresses stars wore to the awards. The same could be done for fatties, and market to the demographic of fatties that aren't old enough to want to shop at Lane Bryant.

The issue and trap with plus size clothing is that they want to pay normal sized pricing. Any tall man or women knows that their special shops have a premium in price due to the fact you need more material and labour to make their clothes but you tell a fattie this and they scream "discrimination!". This is why fatties and plus sized people get rags and throw away graments made from the scraps of regular sized clothing because its hard to get a business model in which these lazy fatties will be down to pay premium. They bitch about ugly options for clothes but are unwilling to pay more, so clothing makers just throw thier hands up and give up.

Just like with the airline fiasco on justifiably charging people based upon weight fatties are dilusional in thinking they are on a even level with somebody within thier healthy weight range, tell them they have to pay for the years of ice cream and cheap corn and they have a fit.

Also fat women don't want to be in shop that caters only to them, they don't want to stand out like that. It's an extra admission of being fat other than just buying a size XL or whatever (and plenty of companies lie on their labeling of sizes). So I wouldn't put my $ in that...

He should've just kept his mouth shut and said something stupid like 'our manufacturer in Asia can't produce such sizes because they never made those before'

eg)
If you are a fit guy, nobody expects you to date a fat girl.
Actually, they will raise their eye brows if they see you with a fat girl.
The same people will get mad though if you say 'I don't want to date fat girls'
The most sensitive subject in this country is Race, Gay issues, Fatty problem.

To people's face, just say you love whoever they are but you can Act Differently in real life.

Quote: (06-16-2013 05:51 PM)Norset Wrote:  

Also fat women don't want to be in shop that caters only to them, they don't want to stand out like that. It's an extra admission of being fat other than just buying a size XL or whatever (and plenty of companies lie on their labeling of sizes). So I wouldn't put my $ in that...

It's true that fatties don't like to be objectified (kind of like fat chicks that want a guy to like them inspite of their fat, and not because of it - that makes it a fetish), but it doesn't have to be a brick and mortar store. They can shop from the privacy of their own homes. Kosko laid out one hurdle though - cost. If it costs more to manufacture, that cost has to be passed on. Online stores can give you a break on shipping, and some states they won't have to charge sales tax, etc. Other retailers with brick and mortar stores can sell fatwear exclusively online and not stock it, so they wouldn't have to walk into stores where those cute skinny bitches they hate so much shop...hahaha!

"Plus size women"

"Heavier people"

Please, for fuck sake, call them for what they are: fat.

Feel free to add "cunts".

Hey is anyone trolling the comments?

Quote: (06-16-2013 06:12 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Hey is anyone trolling the comments?

Quote:Quote:

Wesley Robinson 13 minutes ago
Why are fat people so upset? It's not like someone is telling them they can't go to the food court.

[Image: ohshit.gif]

Hahahaha that's funny for a number of reasons.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there are plenty of designers out there that purposefully do not make clothes for THICK, FAT, OVERWEIGHT, OBESE, and MORBIDLY OBESE people because... well, you don't fucking look good in them. In fact, you RUIN them. It's not a difficult concept to grasp, but Americans get offended by anything and everything these days. Can someone just create a genocide nuke for fat people or some new virus that causes all human's stomach's to explode once they reach a certain BMI? Bitch please.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Abercrombie & Fitch should step it up a notch and start trolling the fatties by handing out catalogues/sales cards to the fatties standing in line at the Cinnabon. [Image: banana.gif]

Game/red pill article links

"Chicks dig power, men dig beauty, eggs are expensive, sperm is cheap, men are expendable, women are perishable." - Heartiste

Quote: (06-16-2013 04:55 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

For this type of gear, I think Hollister is doing much better, along with American Eagle. That's just from the eyeball test here in NYC. I don't know it that's due to their policies, or just due to the fact that something newer and hotter always comes along eventually.

Hollister and Am Eagle are a few price points lower.

Having brought from all those places, A&F is made of better fabric and doesn't fall apart after a dozen or so washes. Hollister used to be made from the same material at its lower price but they were running at a deficit.

You get what you pay for. It's why I don't wear Billionaire Boys Club anymore: They went from $90 tees to 30 b/c it's all made in Peru instead of the Japan but the quality has gone to shit.

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Holy fuck, what a catty, passive-aggressive bitch that host is.

I wonder why he felt the need to explain his dislike?

Being repulsed by fat girls is like shit stinking or (whatever obvious cliche you'd like to insert).

Quote: (06-16-2013 07:31 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

Can someone just create a genocide nuke for fat people or some new virus that causes all human's stomach's to explode once they reach a certain BMI? Bitch please.
Now, now, don't be too mean.

It's more positive to look at it as a public health and information problem. That worked with smoking, lung cancer has declined as a result of smoking declining, especially among the highly educated.

http://www.cancer.org/cancer/news/facts-...-milestone

There are a lot of parallels: There was a very wealthy and powerful tobacco lobby deliberately trying to hide the carnage they profited from, but scientific evidence, largely due to the evil, evil, gubmint funding independent research, eventually won and people now generally accept the proven conclusion that smoking greatly increases cancer risk. It took decades.

There is also a very powerful agricultural lobby, and I speculate it is a lot cheaper to have gargantuan mechanized farms growing grain and marketing and feeding cheap, shit carbs to people than orchards growing nuts and farms growing organic chickens. As I've mentioned elsewhere, the 20 year olds at the State U are not really that fat and very few smoke, I think the anti-tons-of-carb ideas are spreading.

It takes time. Viewing fatness as a moral failure does not seem as productive as education.

Avenue doesn't go below size 14 and Dress Barn specializes in sizes 14-24.

Is this also sizeist?

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

Quote: (06-16-2013 04:55 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Hollister is owned by A&F and A&F is much bigger in Europe anyway.

[Image: attachment.jpg12750]   

LMAO. Which one of you is this?