rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What to do with surplus of real estate leads..?

Hey guys,

A friend of mine recently purchased the rights to 120,000 leads from a big data company for a business idea. It fell through on one side and he can't back out of the contract and is stuck with these leads which include a bunch of real estate info such as mortgage, loan, property type, absentee owner, etc for all states in the US.

I've called various lead broker companies, especially ones that deal with real estate or mailing lists, and think that there may be some way to work some deals with them.

One of this forum's assets is the immense scope of backgrounds of the members. Do any of y'all know of any other ways to possibly use these leads and help recoup some of the money? Anybody have experience with this kind of thing that could point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Are these business leads or consumer/personal leads?

YMG,

They're personal leads.

As far as I know, brokerages already have access to that information through their multiple listing service; i know mine does. I can pull tax records on any property and find that information. I don't think you will have much luck selling those.

Does the information show if they are behind in mortgage payments, or have received notice of default or anything that could be useful to a bird dogger? If so, you might be able to offer it to guys who do real estate deals. Only problem is homes in foreclosure with NODs is public record, I believe and you have services like realtytrac who provide that info.

However, if you have info of people who have fallen behind but have not had NODs filed on them, that might be useful because then you have 2 key pieces - 1) you know who is delinquent and 2) no one else does because that info isn't public yet.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

If he got the list for $15-$25 per thousand, he can start a mailing list company. He can act like the wholesaler and sell those leads to people who are looking for that kind of information.

I may be interested in buy a few thousand if the information was what i specifically needed. I am looking for high equity homeowners 50%+ equity and home values that are $250,000 or below

[Image: blake1.jpg]

What information fields on are the leads?

Sounds like a hard sell to Joe Retail types. I'd focus on bigger more sophisticated/institutional real estate types with deeper pockets. No pun intended, but maybe go over to BiggerPockets and look for answers. BP appears to me to be the most legitimate community out there for Real Estate. (great podcast as well)

If you sell them as is you won't make shit. If you develop them and bird dog to investors you could make some cash. Will require some work on your part.

If any of these leads are Non Performing Notes I am interested. I am looking for 1st liens.

PM me.

You want to know the only thing you can assume about a broken down old man? It's that he's a survivor.

Quote: (04-18-2013 07:37 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

What information fields on are the leads?

The answer to this question will determine how valuable the leads are. Also, how recent is the data? Old data is less accurate, thus less valuable.

Might have some interest or ideas based on what you have.

Hey guys,

Thanks to everyone for the advice and ideas and also to JimNortonFan for the appropriate image. I am tempted to frame that picture and put it on my partner's wall as a reminder of an idea gone awry. But fuck it, it could still pan out, and even if not, failure is the fucking mother of success.

From talking to some and thinking about it, I'd imagine the info could be used in these sectors: real estate (home flippers - can search absentee owners), banking/lending, insurance arena as well as small companies such as pool service companies, security alarm companies (searching by higher home values/newly purchased homes), etc.

The leads can be for any state in the US. And since we just own the rights to said leads until the data is pulled, I would think they are what are considered "fresh leads."

So far the parameters of the leads are undefined but any of the following can be used to filter the data:

1) geography
a) census tract
b) city
c) county
d) FIPS code
e) map book page/grid
f) map search
g) municipality/township
h) parcel ID range
i) SCF
j) state
k) street name
l) subdivision
m) tax rate area
n) township-range-section
o) tract
p) zip + radius
q) zip code
r) zoning

2) mortgage
a) balloon loan
b) combined mortgage amount
c) credit line loan
d) equity loan
e) interest rate
f) lender - origination
g) loan rate type
h) loan to value
i) matured mortgage
j) mortgage amount
k) mortgage origination date
l) mortgage term
m) primary loan type
n) private party loan
o) reverse mortgage
p) seller carry back
q) transaction type

3) property
a) bathrooms
b) bedrooms
c) bldg/living area
d) county land use
e) equity ($)
f) equity (%)
g) homestead property
h) improved %
i) improved value
j) land value
k) last market recording date
l) last market sale date
m) last market sale deed type
n) last market sale price
o) lot area
p) property type
q) state land use
r) swimming pool present
s) total assessed value
t) year built

Apparently, we also have access to demographic info for a small fee, which would open the door for people who do things like reverse mortgage campaigns (since only 62+ are eligible).

Thanks again to everybody, I really appreciate it.

Just found out I can get phone numbers for these as well.