rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Opportunities in China

Opportunities in China

My buddy showed me the blog of an American entrepreneur who is making his fortune in, of all things, custom-designed patches. His blog provides a lot of interesting on-the-ground observations in Shenzhen, China, where he now operates his business from.

You can follow his blog here: http://www.yusufuqdah.com. His latest blog post, titled "The Land of Opportunity: China", should prove especially interesting (I'm looking at you, Vacancier!) for those looking to startup in China.

From what he's revealed about himself through his blog, he's an early 30's Southern-Californian with a degree from UC Berkeley. Started selling custom-designed patches out of his mom's house in his 20's, then opened up offices in the PI and China in order to oversee his operations. Yearly revenue is about $2million, although it's unclear how much of that is profit and take-home.

I'm inclined to believe most if not all of what he's written because it's in line with what I've experienced in neighboring Korea. Most of the locals I encountered were hard-working, honest, and eager to prove themselves. Low, if any, sense of entitlement, and an impressive work ethic to boot.

Opportunities in China

GP,
You're right than China is a PRIME land of opportunities! Thank you very much for sharing that awesome site! I'm definitely going to follow it! I'm going to go through his site now!

Yeah Shenzen is also a place I really need to check when I return to China and could be a great place to base yourself along with GZ.

What kind of biz are you involved in a biz in Korea? Or China?

Cheers man!

Opportunities in China

VP,

PM sent.

Opportunities in China

Shenzhen has the hottest girls in China to boot (yes, better than Hong Kong).
I wonder if the language barrier will be a problem for entrepreneurs however? I too may be getting a Masters from Berkeley pretty soon so it's good to know something like this isn't out of the question.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Opportunities in China

This is a good blog and a good thread.

I am considering moving to Shenzhen to bolster some b2b e-commerce projects I have running.

-

Opportunities in China

Thanks for sharing the link OP. I am starting an exporting to China business. I am heading there in 3 weeks.

I can update you on my progress and experiences if you are interested.

Opportunities in China

Quote: (03-23-2013 05:29 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Thanks for sharing the link OP. I am starting an exporting to China business. I am heading there in 3 weeks.

It would be great if you could start a thread here or maybe a blog, I bet a lot of guys on the forum (me included) would be grateful for valuable insights on starting a China-related business and your infield experiences!

Opportunities in China

Agreed that a thread or even better create a blog on your progress. I certainly will create a blog and a youtube channel for showing some factory visits and other aspects of biz and living in China that a video would be better of than an article.

Opportunities in China

Quote: (03-23-2013 05:29 PM)FretDancer Wrote:  

Would love to hear about it.

I have a longtime friend who lives in SZ and is into product development. He had to cancel his trip to BKK so I'm pretty bummed to not be able to pick his brain over some beers.

Opportunities in China

Thanks for the feedback guys. I will start a thread and a blog once I land there. I will also try recording some videos and add them to a Youtube channel for you guys to see.

Stay tuned.

Opportunities in China

Isnt there an elderly epidemic in china now? Should make some services or products for the older population.

Due to one child policy there are tons of single men in china.

Good market for real dolls?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdH79GHCc9DgAZMZXlx3p...gFKSr0ExiW]