rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Prague, Czech Republic and Budapest, Hungry

Hi, All,

I am planning on going to Prague on the Friday, 29th March and possibly heading to Budapest mid-week returning to London on the Sunday, 7th April. I am 26, if that helps at all.

I have a few questions:

1. Is this a good time of the year to go?
  2. What's a good place to stay? Preferably something mid-class, not too cheap nor too expensive—I want to live comfortably. Are the nightclubs centered around the city centre in Prague? If so, recommend a place around there. I am thinking of using Airbnb ...
  3. Is it worth going to Budapest, even if just for a visit?
Ideally I like to avoid any place cramped with tourists.

I don't want to hear negative comments. I went to Istanbul recently and despite what people told me, it turned out to be _great_.

Thanks,

For the short time you are going to be away, I would skip Budapest and concentrate your efforts on Prague. Maybe take a day trip to a second tier city in Czech rep.

Budapest is a amazing spot for the summer, other than that it is pretty tame.

There was a very good Prague data sheet posted recently, I suggest you read it by doing a search.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Never let anyone tell you that Istanbul is weak. That place has got incredible nightlife and girls with untouchable style. You need connects to get to know girls though.

I've been to both Prague (1 week) and Budapest (3 days) in the same summer. Although I still contend that Prague has the ugliest girls of any city I've been to, the place is incredibly chill and romantic (thanks to classic architecture + parks). Plus it's where I lost my virginity (no bias, promise) as well as my friend 1 year later haha. Budapest is, while very walkable and has badass underground clubs, was far more shady and it really seemed like you had to be a local/live there to be comfortable.

Just FYI, both places may be freezing balls. I went in June and had to wear a jacket.

The only time success comes before work is in the dictionary.
DATASHEETS: Singapore (2014) | Vietnam (2015) | Cebu (2015) | Honolulu (2016) | Couchsurfing (2016) | KS, Taiwan (2018)
BTC: 1MoAetVtsmM48mkRx66Z9gYkBZGzqepGb5

Quote:Quote:

Is it worth going to Budapest, even if just for a visit?

Yes! I love the city! It's better in Summer, obviously, but during winter is fine as well.

I love both cities. Budapest much more. but I would say give Budapest another month. unless you have a connection to get you behind the scenes it is way too cold. at least for my liking.
the big island in Budapest is open outdoor. the girls there are much higher quality.

but those clubs only open in late spring summer.

on the other hand, Prague is always gonna bump a little harder and have more tourist.even in the cold.my only gripe I Prague was that there were more tourist. but it's easy to get our of the tourist area. assuming you have divine to soak the language or you are fine with people barely understanding you.

I don't remember the distance between them. I took a bus from Budapest to Vienna and a train up to Prague..

why not do them both?

I am the cock carousel

Prague is just a small city overrun by tourists and the girls are very average indeed.

Budapest is my favourite city in Central/Eastern Europe, big beautiful city, cheap, fun at any time of year, the top-tier is amongst the best in the world.

Quote: (02-02-2013 06:02 AM)Alexander Wrote:  

Prague is just a small city overrun by tourists and the girls are very average indeed.

Budapest is my favourite city in Central/Eastern Europe, big beautiful city, cheap, fun at any time of year, the top-tier is amongst the best in the world.

Prague is small and yes overrun by tourists, but the chicks are great!
Budapest is another level, much more interesting, much diverse, cheap and the girls
are beautiful too. My only problem there as in much eastern europe is the language. Hungarian is an alien language!! very few people speak decent english

For apartments in budapest I have used these guys 2 different times: http://www.budapestlets.com/apartments/s...apartments
Proffesional service, clean and functional apartments in good areas of town and will pick you up from the airport for a few extra euros. Pretty nice apartments overall.
Creeping wise, Budapest can be a little rough, I have probably spent about a week there in total and got no bangs and maybe a few make outs. They give heavy eyes but when approached they back-off.

Prague is a waste of time for picking up girls IMO. Way too many sex tourists and stag parties. Any tourist gets branded immediatlry and its an uphill battle getting out of that stereotype. If you're staying in a hotel be careful because a lot of local hotels have a No guest policy. Have had 2 nights ruined because of this. In my experience American hotels like Hilton, Marriott don't have these rules so pay more and try and stay in one of those or get an apartment. But Czech girls are so sexy, and if you have the right look, money and means could be worth it