rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

G Manifesto and this forum

G Manifesto must be back because the moderator reports are blowing up. I've repeatedly contacted him in private to encourage him to be a team player here, but he continues to antagonize the membership (or the membership antagonizes him). Whenever he's here, there is more bickering and insults thrown around. I'm not sure who's at fault for that, but there is a clear link between him and a more toxic forum atmosphere.

G posts all of his advice on his blog. If he doesn't post here, guys who enjoy his writing can still check it out. But for the mental health of the forum, I don't think it's a good idea if he is an active member.

I hate to bring this out in public, but my private attempts have obviously failed. My polite requests have been ignored. If a member has so many critics that it lowers the signal to ratio on the forum, something has to change. Not everyone has the personality to be a member of a community this large.

In other words, he's banned?

Unfortunate, despite everything. But I don't see the back end so I won't be the one to complain about the decision.

He's not banned.

I found he to be too provocative and too "indefinite", his posts where sometimes not very understandable or clear, at least for me.
Ok, English is not my first language but I'm still quite good at understanding it, in some posts of the G manifesto i really didn't get the real point of what he wanted to say...

Her pussy tastes like Pepsi Cola...

People actually report posts that hurt their feelings?

Beta gets misused....but if crying to a mod all butt hurt isn't beta, then nothing is.

IMHO, guys who report posts should be given a "time out" to go have some milk and cookies.

G added value. I wonder how much value the people who ran to HR/the principal's office add.

That is too bad. I can see what Roosh is talking about. I think it was just his type of humor. I found it funny but could see a lot of others didn't enjoy it as much.

I also think people were so bent on him being fake that they couldn't just either accept what he was saying or not. His persona overshadowed his posts.

Maybe G will go over to Nomad's forum and slap Dash around some more.

FREE G MANIFESTO!!!!

Damn G, keep the square in your pocket (so to speak). You'd be missed.

Quote:Quote:

G added value.

He also takes away value (unconsciously perhaps) by the way he talks down to people. His blog is a better venue for that type of tone.

From a moderator standpoint, I have to put more time into cleaning up his beefs when he's here. It's not fun. For whatever reason, people doubt or question him and that decreases whatever value he does bring in the threads he participates in.

Maybe the ones complaining are the problem.

So long, G.

You were abrasive but at least you were funny.

That's a tough situation, I guess the issue is why don't they just use the ignore feature?

I'll be placing a handful of people on ignore when I get back to my computer, since their posts are useless.

This is more of a "captain complainer" problem than a G manifesto problem. Giving out false info or straight lies is the only time to come down hard.

So what's happened... is this just a public warning to the G from Roosh but not a banning?

Quote: (11-07-2012 05:12 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

People actually report posts that hurt their feelings?

Beta gets misused....but if crying to a mod all butt hurt isn't beta, then nothing is.

IMHO, guys who report posts should be given a "time out" to go have some milk and cookies.

G added value. I wonder how much value the people who ran to HR/the principal's office add.

I agree with you. But if people are allowed to keep throwing sideway insults at each other, it won't be long before the entire forum devolves into a flame war.

I don't see why G couldn't just tone it down a bit. The fact that he didn't respond to any of Roosh's requests in private is surprising.

Instead of him saying, "Anyone who doesn't do X is lame." he could instead say "I think Y is lame. X is how a G rolls", which is much less insulting and offensive.

I think it's fucked he wouldn't change even a little bit for the sake of not pissing so many people off.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

[Image: popcorn2.gif]

Quote: (11-07-2012 05:29 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

I think it's fucked he wouldn't change even a little bit for the sake of not pissing so many people off.

I actually think he did tone it down a bit. I was just reading some of the Toronto thread and it looked like he handled some criticism differently. Hell, he even said he wasn't going to smack people around on the forum anymore. El Mech tried to talk him out of it. El Mech screwed G!

Maybe it was just a little too late at that point.

Quote: (11-07-2012 05:23 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

G added value.

He also takes away value (unconsciously perhaps) by the way he talks down to people. His blog is a better venue for that type of tone.

From a moderator standpoint, I have to put more time into cleaning up his beefs when he's here. It's not fun. For whatever reason, people doubt or question him and that decreases whatever value he does bring in the threads he participates in.

Roosh, we are all guests on this forum and you give us HUGH liberties. You meet with other members, as do others. I can't take the advice of someone that refuses to meet up with like-minded members. We are the .0000001% in a world of betas. The data on this forum needs to stay accurate. The G wasn't. I own custom suits and zippos. Big hype.

Quote: (11-07-2012 05:33 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Roosh, we are all guests on this forum and you give us HUGH liberties. You meet with other members, as do others. I can't take the advice of someone that refuses to meet up with like-minded members. We are the .0000001% in a world of betas. The data on this forum needs to stay accurate. The G wasn't. I own custom suits and zippos. Big hype.

So if a guy doesn't meet up with you or others he is automatically lying?

I don't see why G couldn't just tone it down a bit. The fact that he didn't respond to any of Roosh's requests in private is surprising.

Roosh has a tough gig. I would never want a blog or forum as successful as his, since I am not a natural administrator. The stuff he manages is impressive. God bless him.

That said, people are who they are.

I got a one-day ban for hurting someone's feelings. I've been warned about my "vibe."

I just post less.

Will the forum be better off when guys like me post less because we don't know who is going to cry to HR?

Roosh is CEO, el jefe, President, dictator, judge, jury and executioner.

He is the one who sets the culture.

Right now it seems like the culture is leaning towards, "Let's cry to Roosh when a guy says something we don't like." Then in the same breath guys will post about how alpha they are and shit.

While admitting I am far too far on the other side - and my tone often was wrong - and would do a shitty job managing a large forum like this, it seems we're headed too far towards letting whiny brats run the asylum.

I'm gonna pour some out for G

[Image: pour-one-out.jpg]

Team Nachos

Does the ignore feature work if so why do people even complain to Roosh? I don't understand?

Simple rule. If I hate someone's post place them on ignore

Problem solved? You can battle for a post or two then just ignore, no use arguing with people who you view as useless. Correct or not, just place on ignore.

Mike: you have it wrong. It's not newbies who are whining that their feelings are being hurt. After the reputation drama, I know the senior members bring 80% of the value. I'm not going to ban someone because a newb is mad.

It also becomes a more serious issue when the integrity of the data being shared is questioned by a lot of people. When a dozen guys I've met in person are questioning someone's experience, and that person is talking down to others, I have to ask if it's worth having that person here. The forum is getting to the stage where most of the senior members are vouched for in one way or another. G doesn't have to meet anyone, but if he's being questioned by a guy I met who turned out to be the real deal, it's going to be hard to side with G.

Here's an example: http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-17111-...#pid303004

The last two lines there is snark that you'd read on Jezebel, not an attitude I want to be here. G is free to start a forum where that's how he talks to people, but this forum wouldn't be what it has become if that's the prevailing attitude.

The things he posted on areas I know well were consistent with my experience.

Quote: (11-07-2012 05:35 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

So if a guy doesn't meet up with you or others he is automatically lying?

Do you think I'm going to stake $20K on advice on a country? No. I need real data.

Quote: (11-07-2012 05:35 PM)MikeCF Wrote:  

Roosh has a tough gig. I would never want a blog or forum as successful as his, since I am not a natural administrator. The stuff he manages is impressive. God bless him.

That said, people are who they are.

I got a one-day ban for hurting someone's feelings. I've been warned about my "vibe."

I just post less.

Will the forum be better off when guys like me post less because we don't know who is going to cry to HR?

Roosh is CEO, el jefe, President, dictator, judge, jury and executioner.

He is the one who sets the culture.

Right now it seems like the culture is leaning towards, "Let's cry to Roosh when a guy says something we don't like." Then in the same breath guys will post about how alpha they are and shit.

While admitting I am far too far on the other side - and my tone often was wrong - and would do a shitty job managing a large forum like this, it seems we're headed too far towards letting whiny brats run the asylum.

Mike, you post some of the best stuff on here..