rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Montreal thread

The Montreal thread

I'll be in Montreal early next week. I spend over an hour reading all the data that has been discussed here to put together a general picture of how the city is like. Here are the three threads I found most fresh:

1. Some of the talent Montreal has to offer - lots of random but solid data

2. I Love Montreal: Datasheet - great 360 degree view of Montreal

3. Montreal Summer 2012 Datasheet - most timely, mostly focusing on high-end venues

My goal is to get the Canadian flag in one weekend. I rented an apartment via Airbnb smack in the middle of the St-Laurent area, so my logistics are tight as a drum. I'm not pipelining.

I see some possible issues:

1. The city is big with a ton of venues. I don't want to spend my nights bar hopping. There's no way in such a short visit I'll find the "best" venue, so I will stick if I think I can pull. I'll be going for the ONS.

2. Possible language barrier with French.

3. Weather will not be freezing but it will be brisk (55 degree high). I'm looking at mall day game, though it looks like night game will be more important.

4. Nightlife closes early at 3am. It sounds like Oslo nightlife, where it's only crowded between 12-3, which really is not a lot of time.

I went into my Scandinavia flag mission (Norway, Finland, Sweden) with a lot of confidence because of my prior experience in Iceland and Denmark, but Montreal is a hybrid Western European/Anglo scene I haven't experienced before. I'm prepared to give it 100%.

After my week there, I'll drop a mini datasheet with my impressions.

The Montreal thread

Quote: (10-18-2012 11:01 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I'll be in Montreal early next week. I spend over an hour reading all the data that has been discussed here to put together a general picture of how the city is like. Here are the three threads I found most fresh:

3. Montreal Summer 2012 Datasheet - most timely, mostly focusing on high-end venues

My goal is to get the Canadian flag in one weekend. I rented an apartment via Airbnb smack in the middle of the St-Laurent area, so my logistics are tight as a drum. I'm not pipelining.

1. The city is big with a ton of venues. I don't want to spend my nights bar hopping. There's no way in such a short visit I'll find the "best" venue, so I will stick if I think I can pull. I'll be going for the ONS.

3. Weather will not be freezing but it will be brisk (55 degree high). I'm looking at mall day game, though it looks like night game will be more important.

4. Nightlife closes early at 3am. It sounds like Oslo nightlife, where it's only crowded between 12-3, which really is not a lot of time.

I went into my Scandinavia flag mission (Norway, Finland, Sweden) with a lot of confidence because of my prior experience in Iceland and Denmark, but Montreal is a hybrid Western European/Anglo scene I haven't experienced before. I'm prepared to give it 100%.

Tokyo Bar on St. Laurent is a must-check out. Loaded with bitches when I went for Spring Break, and the vast majority of them were ages 18-25. My friend and I, both blown away by the quality around us, wasted no time approaching. I can't remember a single girl who didn't speak English, and this wasn't even Crescent St. (more English-friendly I'd heard) Bottom line - I know zero French and didn't feel like it held me back at all.

GManifesto's MTL datasheet was what I was working with at the time so look no further for other location info. On a limited budget and only 2 nights - I didn't pull but I got close, and would have with tighter game. Many girls we spoke to those nights mentioned they'd taken the trip to MTL with just a friend and had their own hostel or hotel room. My hostel kept logistics in mind but this was still a plus.

I'd be very surprised if you don't bang at least one 8 if you're there for a week.

The Montreal thread

Quote: (10-18-2012 11:01 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

I am betting 3 to 1 that Roosh will get the one night stand. Quebecois girls are some of the friendliest and most open girls I have met. In Paris it would be another story We need a bookie on this sight[Image: idea.gif]

The Montreal thread

I doubt there's a better city in North America for one-night stands with attractive women.

The Montreal thread

For those of you who have read my recent post in the sports betting thread, I say the odds are -500 in favor of Roosh getting the flag within forty-eight hours. -100,000 in favor of him getting the flag by the end of a week.

The Montreal thread

The pressure of these flag missions is getting high. If I get the flag it's no big deal, because I'm supposed to. But if I don't, then that's a pretty big failure. I will admit that the pressure does drive me. My first month in Croatia there was no pressure since I knew I was staying long.

The Montreal thread

Quote: (10-18-2012 11:43 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

The pressure of these flag missions is getting high. If I get the flag it's no big deal, because I'm supposed to. But if I don't, then that's a pretty big failure. I will admit that the pressure does drive me. My first month in Croatia there was no pressure since I knew I was staying long.

What are your standards for your flagging missions? 6 and above? 8 and above?

The Montreal thread

Go Roosh! Allez allez allez!
I'm very curious about the French Canadians, hope they are very enjoyable [Image: smile.gif]

The Montreal thread

Quote: (10-18-2012 11:45 PM)the_conductor Wrote:  

Quote: (10-18-2012 11:43 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

What are your standards for your flagging missions? 6 and above? 8 and above?

Boner test I'm guessing. You also don't want to pass on a sure thing on a short mission.

The Montreal thread

Boner test, which can vary from night to night or how much I'm drinking. Historically, my flags are between 6-7.

The Montreal thread

Roosh v. Montreal Official Vegas Odds:

Flag:

ONS:
+110

First Bang:
o5.5 (days) -350
u5.5 (days) +200

Number of Bangs:
0 +1000
1-3 +125
4-6 +150
7-9 +300
10+ +500

Highest Quality of Girl:
10 +750
9 +200
8 -110
7 -125
6 +175
1-5 +1500

# of Vicky Christina Barcelonas
0 -400
1+ +500

The Montreal thread

Roosh, if you hit up St. Laurent area check out Blue Dog and Korova. They are hipster bars and the girls are friendly.

A solid move is to open a girl standing outside smoking and then venue change to the inside. Girls are super friendly out on the street if they are just standing there.
Befriend the bouncers and bartenders at those venues, they are cool guys, especially if you meet the tall blonde guy from BC outside Korova.

I wish I could take a trip up there but I have a midterm on Saturday! Otherwise I'd be there in a heartbeat, Montreal is the best.

The Montreal thread

I second Tokyo bar on Thurs night. Girls are young, pretty and up for it.

I doubt you will but if you need last chance saloon there are also a few afterclubs in Montreal open until like 8 or 10am. Circus and Stereo are the main ones I think.

The Montreal thread

Quote: (10-19-2012 06:35 AM)Nudge Wrote:  

I doubt you will but if you need last chance saloon there are also a few afterclubs in Montreal open until like 8 or 10am. Circus and Stereo are the main ones I think.

And then there's the after after hours day clubs. I think Urgence opens 10am-6pm. But the after and after after hours places are more for dancing and doing drugs than pickup.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

The Montreal thread

Roosh - You chose the best location assuming you are in the part STL that is near the nightlife. St. Laurent will get lots of traffic at night, especially Friday and Saturday. If you're staying a week, you can get the flag. A weekend would be pushing it and I wouldn't say it would be a failure if you didn't get the flag with that kind of time, but a week is definitely workable. But if you're alone and giving it 100%, day and night, you can make it happen.

Toyko Bar is a wack venue quality wise and does not have the best girls at all, but if you're looking for a flag, any flag, you may come up. Younger, college aged chicks. It attracts the riff raff crowd as well so see what the line is looking like on the street (there usually is one) before you make the call.

I would say be very strategic with your use of time and be aware of your surroundings. Don't linger around a venue if it's not looking good within 15 minutes of walking in. In fact, I'd say see where the girls are moving on the street and ask where they're going or what's the best place that night. The curious visitor is a good look.

For day game you want to hit St. Katherine Street. That's where most people are walking in Montreal during the day. Lots of stores there that go on for a while. The street that leads into McGill University crosses St. Katherine. That's like a midpoint on St. Katherine so you want to stop there and size up the situation because there's traffic there as well.

You may want to check out McGill, but I think you should also hit Maisonneuve Street which is parallel to St. Katherine and a couple blocks up. That's where Concordia University is, which is the largest English-speaking university in Quebec. You will find lots of chicks there as well so hit that up too. These two schools are all within reasonable walking distance or bus distance from each other. The best metro stop for McGill would be Peel while Concordia would be Guy-Concordia.

If you need to post up at a coffee shop at any time, the best one for logistics is the Cafe Depot at the intersection of St. Laurent and Prince Arthur streets. So that should be near you. Prince Arthur is a pedestrian street so be on the lookout there as well. Girls walk around there at night en route to different clubs and bars.

You will love Montreal man. Even though summer is the best time, it's still not winter yet so you should be just fine. Enjoy!

The Montreal thread

I just returned from a one week trip to Montreal.

1) There are two big universities there, McGill and Concordia.
Concordia is in the middle of the Montreal, with buildings located on city blocks. There is a coffee shop on St. Catherine called "Second Cup" which is packed with girls. This a top school in the world so you will see girls from all over, and will hear many different languages, but everyone speaks english. McGill is more of a campus school, and is also packed with girls. Both are worth checking out.

2) St. Catherine Street is the main shopping street, and a good daytime or night walk. I found the best time to be 5pm-9pm when people are getting off work. There is also a pedestrian mall which is attached to McGill University. At the other end of St. Catherine there is another college which is something like UNQ but don't quote me.

3) Underground Mall-this place is like nothing you have ever seen. Start at the Peel metro stop, and go there around lunchtime. Basically is is about 300 shops and restaurants (no joke) located underground. Above are many banks and businesses so workers come there on there lunch break. The place is pretty much good all day but lunch is when I usually went. You can walk for hours down there.

4) Rue Crescent- This is where all the tourists go but don't let that stop you. Plenty of eye candy to be had especially on Friday and Saturday night. It is not far from St. Laurent so you can bounce pretty easily. Check out the Winston Churchill pub downstairs.

5) Old Port- Cool place to walk around and go shopping. Many art galleries and restaurants. Good hotel bar is the St. Paul Hotel, swanky upscale scene.

6) St. Laurent- Lots and lots of bars and clubs that start around Rue Sherbrook. Globe is a good place and there are two others right across the street.

7) Working out- I found a place right on St. Catherine called "Nautilus Plus" where I went for the day a few times. $15 each time.

English is widely spoken here and most people speak fluent french and english. Should be no language barrier. Taxis are honest and cheap, that is how I got around at night. Metro is fast and convenient, and great for daygame. You can buy a one week pass and use it as much as you want.
As HC said before in his data sheet this Montreal requires lots of energy. Your legs will be sore from walking all day and going out at night and drinking can drain you. Take naps. They are essential.

The Montreal thread

Quote: (10-19-2012 08:15 AM)jdelisi Wrote:  

I just returned from a one week trip to Montreal.

1) There are two big universities there, McGill and Concordia.
Concordia is in the middle of the Montreal, with buildings located on city blocks. There is a coffee shop on St. Catherine called "Second Cup" which is packed with girls. This a top school in the world so you will see girls from all over, and will hear many different languages, but everyone speaks english. McGill is more of a campus school, and is also packed with girls. Both are worth checking out.

2) St. Catherine Street is the main shopping street, and a good daytime or night walk. I found the best time to be 5pm-9pm when people are getting off work. There is also a pedestrian mall which is attached to McGill University. At the other end of St. Catherine there is another college which is something like UNQ but don't quote me.

3) Underground Mall-this place is like nothing you have ever seen. Start at the Peel metro stop, and go there around lunchtime. Basically is is about 300 shops and restaurants (no joke) located underground. Above are many banks and businesses so workers come there on there lunch break. The place is pretty much good all day but lunch is when I usually went. You can walk for hours down there.

4) Rue Crescent- This is where all the tourists go but don't let that stop you. Plenty of eye candy to be had especially on Friday and Saturday night. It is not far from St. Laurent so you can bounce pretty easily. Check out the Winston Churchill pub downstairs.

5) Old Port- Cool place to walk around and go shopping. Many art galleries and restaurants. Good hotel bar is the St. Paul Hotel, swanky upscale scene.

6) St. Laurent- Lots and lots of bars and clubs that start around Rue Sherbrook. Globe is a good place and there are two others right across the street.

7) Working out- I found a place right on St. Catherine called "Nautilus Plus" where I went for the day a few times. $15 each time.

English is widely spoken here and most people speak fluent french and english. Should be no language barrier. Taxis are honest and cheap, that is how I got around at night. Metro is fast and convenient, and great for daygame. You can buy a one week pass and use it as much as you want.
As HC said before in his data sheet this Montreal requires lots of energy. Your legs will be sore from walking all day and going out at night and drinking can drain you. Take naps. They are essential.

This is a very good recap. Thanks for reminding me of a third school in Montreal called UQAM (University of Quebec at Montreal). This is a large public university in the middle of the city. Most accessible university in Montreal. It is also a francophone school. Girls here should be the easiest. I know two who go there. St. Katherine will get you there. The metro stop is Berri-UQAM which is a major transit hub in the city, I think the biggest actually.

Most UQAM students hang out at the bars along Rue St. Denis. You definitely want to spend some time here in the early evening.

Concordia is English speaking and in a very downtown location. McGill is the top school in the city and widely considered the best in Canada. These are rich girls. Most of my flakes with young girls were McGill students.

The 'Second Cup' coffee shop is a good spot no doubt. Right in the heart of St. Katherine. Good logistics for that area.

I can't stress enough the energy you will need since Montreal nightlife is very energetic. Definitely take naps so that you can rally in the later hours. Especially if you will be traveling a lot on foot.

The Montreal thread

If this helps. The guy that works from me is born and raised in Montreal and about 5 minutes ago another friend of mine born and raised there were talking in my office. They both confirmed 5 times that every single person there speaks English.

The Montreal thread

Also, one place on St. Katherine street in addition to Second Cup is the bookstore called Chapters. This is Canada's version of B&N and they have them in Toronto as well. I can't believe I haven't mentioned this place because I would go there a lot in Montreal. The good thing about it is there's a Starbucks on the top floor with window seating that allows you to check out the action on St. Katherine. I believe Chapters is on the intersection of St. Katherine and Stanley streets. You will notice it when you're on St. Katherine.

Since you are comfortable with day game, I think this spot belongs on your radar. It's a relatively intimate and quiet bookstore. Quiet enough to where you can actually start a nice conversation with a chick there. Go in and check out the different floors to see if there's any chicks around. You should spot something decent at any given moment.

Van Houtte is another coffeeshop that's actually based in Montreal. There's a decent one further down by St. Katherine near Berri-UQAM, which is the French area of St. Kath. Should be some girls with their laptops out sipping coffee.

The Montreal thread

Quote: (10-19-2012 01:40 PM)el mechanico Wrote:  

If this helps. The guy that works from me is born and raised in Montreal and about 5 minutes ago another friend of mine born and raised there were talking in my office. They both confirmed 5 times that every single person there speaks English.

I live in Montreal, most people here speak English.

As for venues, I would'nt waste my time on Crescent street. More older people there and more uglies. St laurent has all the popular student clubs and bars lining up right next to each other.

The Montreal thread

I think this is pretty accurate, although I have met people from Montreal who did not speak English. Maybe they were just pretending not to speak English. I have a family member who was born and raised in Montreal whose English is definitely better than her French. It's not even a close call. Arturo Gatti was from there and he said that Italian and English were his first two languages and that he learned French because he went to a French school. Montreal is kind of like Puerto Rico in a way. The most widely spoken language in Puerto Rico is Spanish, but most people speak decent English and some people speak excellent English. I have friends who were born and raised in Puerto Rico who speak English better than they do Spanish. Being able to speak French is definitely an advantage in Montreal as is being able to speak Spanish in Puerto Rico, but you should be able to get by in either of those places by only speaking English.

The Montreal thread

Quote: (10-19-2012 02:38 PM)Hencredible Casanova Wrote:  

Also, one place on St. Katherine street in addition to Second Cup is the bookstore called Chapters. This is Canada's version of B&N and they have them in Toronto as well. I can't believe I haven't mentioned this place because I would go there a lot in Montreal. The good thing about it is there's a Starbucks on the top floor with window seating that allows you to check out the action on St. Katherine. I believe Chapters is on the intersection of St. Katherine and Stanley streets. You will notice it when you're on St. Katherine.

Since you are comfortable with day game, I think this spot belongs on your radar. It's a relatively intimate and quiet bookstore. Quiet enough to where you can actually start a nice conversation with a chick there. Go in and check out the different floors to see if there's any chicks around. You should spot something decent at any given moment.

It's Sainte-Catherine btw

The Montreal thread

Quote: (10-19-2012 02:39 PM)Merenguero Wrote:  

I think this is pretty accurate, although I have met people from Montreal who did not speak English. Maybe they were just pretending not to speak English.

Most young people from Montreal are bilingual. However, if a girl has come to Montreal from elsewhere in Quebec for school or work there's a very good chance she won't speak English well.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

The Montreal thread

Use this as an opener and tell me how it goes:

Salut! How's it going?

The French greeting followed by the English conversation starter. Did the same thing in Germany with German/English and worked well. They like that you're an English speaker but it's not like you're obnoxiously shouting it at first chance.

The Montreal thread

Good luck in Mtl, for food I would suggest trying an authentic Quebecois poutine and a Montreal smoked meat sandwich at Schwartz's deli on Saint Laurent, good bagels there too.