rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Booked ticket to Bogota

Booked ticket to Bogota

Alright, so I finally pressed that confirm button and I have my one-way ticket to Bogota set up. I looked at the Lonely Planet for Colombia and they had a pretty interesting route set up through some small towns and up to Cartagena and then down to Medellin. From there I'm thinking I'll either head down further south to Argentina or Brazil, or skip that completely and head up to Central America (Belize and Panama) and then into Mexico. Any suggestions? Recommendations?
[Image: banana.gif]

Booked ticket to Bogota

kerouac,

Not to get off topic, but which airline did you use? (I think you live in LA right?) Cost? (If you don't mind me asking).

As far as north or south, that is a tough decision. Personally I would go the direction which you have been to least, as both moves have their benefits.

Booked ticket to Bogota

I got a ticket on JetBlue from Long Beach to Ft Lauderdale for about $110, and a ticket from FLL to BOG on Spirit Airlines for $150. So a total of $260 mas o menos.

I did JetBlue on the LGB to FLL segment in particular because JetBlue is a pretty damn comfortable economy flight, and I've been reading some bad reviews of Spirit. Spirit should be fine to Colombia because it's shorter, and by far the cheapest option I've encountered to Colombia.

Booked ticket to Bogota

Spirit is fine, its super low cost though, don't expect too much.

So I am planning a trip out to bogota for a weekend to scope it out... is there enough to see for 3 or 4 days? is it better to go there or medillin or somewhere else in Columbia?????

Booked ticket to Bogota

Quote: (01-05-2010 10:26 PM)spaceman Wrote:  

So I am planning a trip out to bogota for a weekend to scope it out... is there enough to see for 3 or 4 days? is it better to go there or medillin or somewhere else in Columbia?????

dang i didnt know flights were that cheap!

americans dont need a visa do they?

Booked ticket to Bogota

The problem with Bogota is that Rolas are used to seeing foreigners, and are known to be the coldest of Colombian women and most challenging to bang. If you only have 3 or 4 days, I'd say skip Bogota and head straight to Cali or better yet, Pereira or Armenia, but your Español better be damn good! You'll get bored really fast in bogota as it is typically cold, and you'll mostly be venturing down to Zona T and shopping malls. Rolas are not that comfortable being approached, but YMMV. fir the easiest of women to bang in a short span, hop on a flight to Barranquilla or Cali. I have a fuck fest there everytime with 2 day trips.

Booked ticket to Bogota

Quote: (01-05-2010 10:48 PM)dlmelvin86 Wrote:  

dang i didnt know flights were that cheap!

americans dont need a visa do they?

you will be given a 60 day tourist visa by the DAS officials when you land in Bogota. Just say you are a tourist, and it shall be granted without issues.

Booked ticket to Bogota

Quote: (01-05-2010 10:21 PM)kerouac Wrote:  

I got a ticket on JetBlue from Long Beach to Ft Lauderdale for about $110, and a ticket from FLL to BOG on Spirit Airlines for $150. So a total of $260 mas o menos.

I did JetBlue on the LGB to FLL segment in particular because JetBlue is a pretty damn comfortable economy flight, and I've been reading some bad reviews of Spirit. Spirit should be fine to Colombia because it's shorter, and by far the cheapest option I've encountered to Colombia.

Smooth.

How long of layover in Ft Lauderdale?

Booked ticket to Bogota

Quote: (01-05-2010 11:12 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

What how long of layover in Ft Lauderdale?

About 4-5 hours, but if you go directly with Spirit from LAX to FLL to BOG, the layover is only 3 hours.

Booked ticket to Bogota

I'm in medellin atm, just arrived yesterday so cant really give much information. But i'll stick here for quite a lon time so pm if you want to meet up. It could be that next week i'm heading to the coast (Cartagena) with my friend. What's the plan and schedule of your trip?

Booked ticket to Bogota

jmb long ago gave me the recommendation of going to Escobar Rosas in La Candelaria. (Carrera 4 #15-07), which I liked. Very possible to pick up there.

In Medellin, after you get frustrated in Parque Lleras, try the clubs in Industriales next to Premium Plaza. And go to the malls and universities (EAFIT, UPB) for day game. Take your drivers license to get in.

Booked ticket to Bogota

Yep, as I surfed through the old Medellin threads here, I found lots of recommendations on Industriales. I'm probably hitting Babylon club there this thursday..

Booked ticket to Bogota

Quote: (01-06-2010 02:32 PM)doriangray Wrote:  

Yep, as I surfed through the old Medellin threads here, I found lots of recommendations on Industriales. I'm probably hitting Babylon club there this thursday..

Spazio 44 is a really cool place to check out. It is located in a thriving Club district called "colombia" just ask around. Great place to scoop up a 1 night stand too!

Booked ticket to Bogota

Quote: (01-06-2010 01:51 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

jmb long ago gave me the recommendation of going to Escobar Rosas in La Candelaria. (Carrera 4 #15-07), which I liked. Very possible to pick up there.

In Medellin, after you get frustrated in Parque Lleras, try the clubs in Industriales next to Premium Plaza. And go to the malls and universities (EAFIT, UPB) for day game. Take your drivers license to get in.

College girlks are easy and both eafit and upb have some excellent takent to choose from. When appraching, always pretend that you are there for a Loooong time, and not just a passing gringo looking to get laid - most college educated paisas who can afford these 2 colleges are up on the game, and being a gringo who is only there for a short while can work againts you.

TIP: Avoid sayoing you are at a hotel always! Thsi is a sure sign that you are leaving soon! Always say you are stauying at a friends house whos is helping yuo adjust to your new life in Medellin. This really helps! If you are at a hotel, banging an educated paisa is challenging as a foreigner, unless you lok like Daddy Yankee or a reggaton singer! :-)

Booked ticket to Bogota

That was my recommendation wasn't it? ... or maybe both of us

Booked ticket to Bogota

kerouac, How long is your trip over all?

Booked ticket to Bogota

Doriangray: I'll send ya a message when I land!

PartyTime: I'm thinking of traveling as long as I can before I run out of money [Image: biggrin.gif] At least for 2 months I'm hoping, ideally until May, and then I want to go towards East Europe.

Booked ticket to Bogota

Quote: (01-06-2010 05:40 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

That was my recommendation wasn't it? ... or maybe both of us

It must have been both of us because my first time at Esobar Rosas was back in 2007.

edit: Here it is http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-379.ht...ight=rosas

Booked ticket to Bogota

Quote: (01-06-2010 09:05 PM)jmb Wrote:  

It must have been both of us because my first time at Esobar Rosas was back in 2007.

edit: Here it is http://www.rooshvforum.network/thread-379.ht...ight=rosas

Sweet spot.

Shame it's only open 2 nights a week.

Booked ticket to Bogota

Quote: (01-06-2010 09:57 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Sweet spot.

I agree that place is awesome.

Booked ticket to Bogota

I am going to bogota to scope out some jobs there.... so is 4 days there too many?
I am not really going there to get laid but to enjoy the culture and see stuff... Getting laid would be cool but no big deal.

is it worth it?

Booked ticket to Bogota

Quote: (01-06-2010 10:07 PM)jmb Wrote:  

Quote: (01-06-2010 09:57 PM)Lumiere Wrote:  

Sweet spot.

I agree that place is awesome. I even introduced my gringo friend to his now fiance there [Image: smile.gif]

Colmbiana?

I took LatinStylez there with one of my Colombian girlfriends (rich upper class chick) and, on his first night in town he SNLd a Colombian girl from there.

Booked ticket to Bogota

Yes, the girl I introduced my friend to is Colombian.

Booked ticket to Bogota

Anybody have any tips for cheap tickets out of Colombia? I would like to go either somewhere further south like Argentina, Brazil, or Chile, and move around between the countries, or head up north to Belize and Mexico...

Any tips?

Booked ticket to Bogota

Quote: (01-05-2010 11:06 PM)armanid27 Wrote:  

The problem with Bogota is that Rolas are used to seeing foreigners, and are known to be the coldest of Colombian women and most challenging to bang. If you only have 3 or 4 days, I'd say skip Bogota and head straight to Cali or better yet, Pereira or Armenia, but your Español better be damn good! You'll get bored really fast in bogota as it is typically cold, and you'll mostly be venturing down to Zona T and shopping malls. Rolas are not that comfortable being approached, but YMMV. fir the easiest of women to bang in a short span, hop on a flight to Barranquilla or Cali. I have a fuck fest there everytime with 2 day trips.

I just looked up Barranquilla and noticed that Sofia Vergara was born in that city... If she is a good example of what that city has to offer, then I think it is definitely worth checking out [Image: smile.gif]