rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

NYC has become a COCK FESTIVAL

I use to live in NYC about ten years ago and moved back recently. NYC nowadays is a cock festival. I know Roosh mentioned noticing this too. I realize it's hard to compare a place ten years apart but I really don't recall it being like this back in 2002-ish.

Almost all the bars/clubs I go to have at least 60-40 guy/girl ratios. There are so many finance/fratty guys in all these bars.

My theory is that NYC got a reputation for being a good place to be a guy. A lot of guys starting moving here as a result. So even if the gender balance still favors guys, you have all these dudes here now. Many of them also are using PUA techniques and are just generally more aggressive. I don't think it was like this back in 2002.

It's a similar deal to what happens to places abroad like Rio. When word gets out about a pussy heaven abroad all these American and foreign dudes swamp the place searching for pussy and it loses it's appeal.

Also, the girls in NYC have developed massive bitch shields as a result because they are getting hit on left and right like pieces of meat.

Just my thoughts. No one way to prove it, but I've definitely noticed a huge difference from back in the day.

Just further evidence that "good" spots can rapidly change.

In the previous generation, a 30's something guy could find a paradise like Brazil and say, "I want to retire here." For most of the next 30 years, the change wouldn't hit him too hard. It'd be gradual and somewhat predictable.

But we live in interesting times where in five years, worlds can flip upside down. We can no longer pick one spot and think it will remain good to us for the rest of our days because today's paradise can be tomorrow's hell.

We can never rest, but must remain flexible and keep one ear open for the next emerging spot.

you're going to have a balancing out where the shitty spots get better and the great spots get ruined. its going to be a re-balancing act. guys will flock to Eastern European gems and the girls will get the F out of those places and pursue opportunities in places like DC.

Quote: (06-23-2012 08:25 PM)Brian Wrote:  

you're going to have a balancing out where the shitty spots get better and the great spots get ruined. its going to be a re-balancing act. guys will flock to Eastern European gems and the girls will get the F out of those places and pursue opportunities in places like DC.

Also, new spots will emerge from places we aren't even thinking of right now. For instance, as crazy as it sounds, if India continues getting wealthier one day it may actually become a good location to party and pick up chicks. As places get richer, they become much more liberal. Chances are it won't be in our lifetimes but one day it will probably happen. Ditto with a lot of other places.

But back to NYC, I wonder if you have two things happening, aggressive guys moving to NYC cause they think it is pussy heaven and attractive girls leaving for places like Boston, San Francisco, Chicago because they get tired of meeting all these guys who just want to pump and dump them. I remember in San Francisco there being a lot of ex-NYC girls. A lot of chicks actually move to SF cause it has a favorable guy-girl ratio for chicks.

Quote:Quote:

But back to NYC, I wonder if you have two things happening, aggressive guys moving to NYC cause they think it is pussy heaven.

Wasn't too long ago that NYC was described as a pretty good place in this thread.

Difficult to know what to believe from these two different threads.

i think OP got blown out one too many times and therefore declared NYC as a circle jerk fest.

no way.

Campared to miami i found nyc chicks much more approachable. But I think any chick on the planet anywhere you go is more approachable than a miami girl.

NYC is a place I would not move too in a hurry, great for a weekend but that is about it. Alot of the good parties are underground and you have to be connected or dare I say it have "social circle".

I know a few black girls complain about finding decent men there.

As for India, I don't care how wealthy it becomes, I will never go there not even for a free holiday.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

For me, NYC is one of the best places to be in the summer. There is always something going on for free outdoors and the sheer density of people makes it a smörgåsbord of women. That coupled with the variety - I can easily find quality women from places like the Philippines, Europe, Colombia, Japan, Dominican Republic, etc. In the summer, I don't travel as much because I can find what I want locally in NYC. In the winter, I would rather be somewhere else because of the weather.

I spend a lot of time in DC as well. You can find decent women in DC but after coming from NYC, DC is more like looking for a needle in a haystack, depending on what you like. I find the ROI much lower in DC so I usually concentrate on others things when I'm stuck in DC.

redacted

''For instance, as crazy as it sounds, if India continues getting wealthier one day it may actually become a good location to party and pick up chicks. As places get richer, they become much more liberal''

I disagree, once women starts getting wealthier it will get harder to pick them up as they become more demanding and harder to please. Thats why it is easier to score in 3rd world country than in the West. Money and power corrupts womens brain for some reason.

Phuket in Thailand changed so much over the past 10 years when foreigner was still a novelty nowdays its swamped with tourists and its lost innocence

Quote: (06-24-2012 12:48 PM)WestIndianArchie Wrote:  

Naw, not even.

Unless things have rapidly changed in the past 7 weeks, NYC is still wide open. In fact, summer time has just started and it should be on blast. LES/EV/Chinatown et cetera, West Village, Union Square, all the bottle service places, tourist whores galore, plenty of Latinas in the BX and Queens, Caribbean women all over Brooklyn, Hipster chicks in BK....

WIA

You know what I'm talking about!

I live and play in downtown Manhattan...this post is way off. Even if the ratios are unfavorable in certain settings most of these guys have zero game

Since when is 60/40 a "cock festival?" This weekend is Pride weekend in New York, so that literally is a cock festival. Otherwise New York is wide open for a man with game.

New York is both the hardest and the easiest place I've run game in.

You're right about the bitch shields. Girls get hit on here all the time. They've heard it all. There are plenty of good looking, wealthy dudes with game here. Probably more than anywhere else except maybe LA. The competition is tough. Also, there's a lot of dumpster diving going on which makes unattractive women think they deserve way more than they do. Even the rankest 5 will get more than her fair share of male attention here.

On the other hand the sheer density of hot girls, foreign girls, student girls is unparalleled. It's been very long since I've found myself in the kind of frat-heavy douchefest you complain about. This is because I choose my venues carefully. Girls on that fratty scene are generally very social circle oriented and less open to talking to strangers. Find your fishbowl.

Day game in this city is off the hook. And once you're through the bitch shield girls in NYC don't have any qualms about slutting it up. They usually put out fast. You have endless venues to choose from and incredible variety. If you live in Manhattan logistics are really easy too.

NYC is probably one of the toughest cities to run game in but also one of the best places to sharpen your game - and the rewards are massive and you can move from place to place and do endless approaches.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

NYC to me is generally harsh regarding game, and but once you re over the hump everything happens real fast.. A date in New York is like 2-3 dates in any other major city.

you can find hot women anywhere. The question is, can you pick them up? That's the big question. That's the main point of Roosh's "20 reasons" post.

Quote: (06-24-2012 03:25 PM)Caligula Wrote:  

New York is both the hardest and the easiest place I've run game in.

You're right about the bitch shields. Girls get hit on here all the time. They've heard it all. There are plenty of good looking, wealthy dudes with game here. Probably more than anywhere else except maybe LA. The competition is tough. Also, there's a lot of dumpster diving going on which makes unattractive women think they deserve way more than they do. Even the rankest 5 will get more than her fair share of male attention here.

On the other hand the sheer density of hot girls, foreign girls, student girls is unparalleled. It's been very long since I've found myself in the kind of frat-heavy douchefest you complain about. This is because I choose my venues carefully. Girls on that fratty scene are generally very social circle oriented and less open to talking to strangers. Find your fishbowl.

Day game in this city is off the hook. And once you're through the bitch shield girls in NYC don't have any qualms about slutting it up. They usually put out fast. You have endless venues to choose from and incredible variety. If you live in Manhattan logistics are really easy too.

NYC is probably one of the toughest cities to run game in but also one of the best places to sharpen your game - and the rewards are massive and you can move from place to place and do endless approaches.

So basically, you're saying if you have great game, NYC is awesome, but if you don't have great game, you're fucked.

Which is basically the same as saying it's hard to get laid there.

Quote: (06-24-2012 08:46 PM)Rurik Wrote:  

you can find hot women anywhere. The question is, can you pick them up? That's the big question. That's the main point of Roosh's "20 reasons" post.
Haven't seen the post, but I know plenty of guys juggling 4 or 5 at a time in NYC. Sometimes, it's not about who you can pick up because you are the one that gets chosen by a hot babe. IMHO, one good thing about NYC is the density gives you numbers and all kinds of opportunities/accessibility. That being said, nothing is guaranteed in life.

Quote: (06-24-2012 09:00 PM)JayMillz Wrote:  

Quote: (06-24-2012 08:46 PM)Rurik Wrote:  

Haven't seen the post, but I know plenty of guys juggling 4 or 5 at a time in NYC. Sometimes, it's not about who you can pick up because you are the one that gets chosen by a hot babe. IMHO, one good thing about NYC is the density gives you numbers and all kinds of opportunities/accessibility. That being said, nothing is guaranteed in life.

Of course some dudes are getting laid there. Obviously. I'm referring mostly to dudes who go to a place and say "there were tons of hot chicks OMG", but they don't say shit about actually banging them. It's that miami-style hype.

Quote: (06-24-2012 12:48 PM)Bananaman711 Wrote:  

''For instance, as crazy as it sounds, if India continues getting wealthier one day it may actually become a good location to party and pick up chicks. As places get richer, they become much more liberal''

I disagree, once women starts getting wealthier it will get harder to pick them up as they become more demanding and harder to please. Thats why it is easier to score in 3rd world country than in the West. Money and power corrupts womens brain for some reason.

Phuket in Thailand changed so much over the past 10 years when foreigner was still a novelty nowdays its swamped with tourists and its lost innocence

Money and social/sexual liberalism go hand in hand in South Asia. Although even at the top of the wealth chain Desi women are still less slutty then the average Western woman, they're miles ahead of their counterparts in the villages. There's a reason why the most promiscuous countries in the world are the USA, Canada, Australia and Western Europe.

Quote: (06-23-2012 06:35 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Just further evidence that "good" spots can rapidly change.

In the previous generation, a 30's something guy could find a paradise like Brazil and say, "I want to retire here." For most of the next 30 years, the change wouldn't hit him too hard. It'd be gradual and somewhat predictable.

But we live in interesting times where in five years, worlds can flip upside down. We can no longer pick one spot and think it will remain good to us for the rest of our days because today's paradise can be tomorrow's hell.

We can never rest, but must remain flexible and keep one ear open for the next emerging spot.

The pervasiveness of the internet and constant access to it via smart phones etc. makes sure that cultural trends are going to spread much more quickly than in previous generations.

NYC has a fast and furious dating market, replete with an army of tattooed Carrie Bradshaws. There are so many people here that you have massive droves of douches and also a huge contingent of guys who have game.

Everything is extreme here: The competition. The hottness of the girls. The sausage intensity at venues that are in the red-giant phase and the overloaded egos of the 5s there. The sheer promiscuity - they should have a separate "slut" lane on the sidewalk for shame-walkers.

I've pulled girls off the subway and had my dick in them in under two hours.

I've also been rejected countless times by 5s at sausage intensive locations.

Last night, I went to B&T dance club and had super aggressive Jersey girls trying to start fights with me because I wouldn't move out of my spot to let them into the bar.

A couple weeks ago, I took two girls home- they kept remarking about how they were essentially going to "rape" me yadadada. Only ending up banging one, but in general, the girls in the city have no shame.

There are super players that I know who bang different girls almost every night (kind of like Mixx).

This city is a shit-show.

Running regurgitated "The Game" game in NYC is practically impossible. In that regard, it's quite difficult to pick a random bar you've never been to before, know nothing about, and expect great deals of success on a Friday night. I could understand why someone visits NYC for a couple of weeks and says that it's very difficult to bang any sort of quality.

HOWEVER, social circle and niche game are bountiful. It's one of the only cities in the world where you don't have to compromise on your interests to find high quality pussy. If you're interested in yoga, then go do yoga and meet chicks. If you're interested in organic food, then go to a juice bar. If you like bottle service, then go to a club. It also helps to build some sort of social circle within your interests and parlay the social circle into meeting up with an activity revolving around your interest, and proceeding from there.

What I've noticed is that so many guys in NYC think they have game after reading "The Game" that running game has become a turn off to women. I've found the best game to be "fuck up avoidance" game. Take a girl on a date, say hi to her a a bar, plow her with booze, say nothing stupid, and come off as a normal dude and you'll be rewarded. Ridiculous conversation threads, and asinine routines are tired and a turn off to women.

I'm working on a pretty comprehensive data sheet on NYC, and what you'll see is that the places I eat, drink and enjoy are likely unfamiliar or unheard of to other people who live in NYC. This place is so big, it's practically impossible to have a consensus on game in NYC. One person may be on fire using one sort of game in NYC, another person may be totally unsuccessful using the same exact game in another part of NYC.

NY is for guys that are:

1. Good Looking
  2. Have Solid Game
  3. Financially Successful
You must have 2 out of the 3 to do well with women in NY.
Your weakest category must also be better than average.

If you can't do well in NY, you really need to step back from dating and work on improving yourself in those 3 area's.