rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

hundredpushups

hundredpushups

Just started doing this http://hundredpushups.com/
http://hundredpushups.com/week1.html

Its simple enough for me to follow through on. Will keep you guys posted on how it turns out. Currently can do 12

hundredpushups

cool website.

i think i'll start my way to 100 pushups soon, but not following the website. i'll go my own way.

i just plan to do as many pushups as possible until failure and then rest for 2 or 3 minutes, then repeat twice. i think i can currently do somewhere between 20-30 consecutive. i'll find out soon. probably this weekend.

something i'm interested in finding out is how this will affect my bench press.

i'll report back.

"Colt 45 and two zigzags, baby that's all we need" - Ronald Reagan

hundredpushups

I've been doing it myself for a couple weeks now. I've noticed a difference in my overall total reps and am also starting to see a difference in muscle appearance. That being said, it's a bit harder than it looks. At least for it has been. I've been stuck at 63 for almost two weeks now because I won't allow myself to do any cheater pushups in a set. The program is good but my experience is that it promises faster results than most can attain if they're actually practicing good form.

Men's Style Consultant
http://www.masculine-style.com
The better you dress the worse you can behave.

hundredpushups

I think it does promise faster results than most can achieve; I've done the 6-week program a few times and certainly couldn't approach banging out 100 reps straight. Even so, it and its friends (twohundredsitups, twentyfivepullups, etc) are decent progressions if you have something you're training for. When my yearly fitness test rolls around, I stop my regular workouts and do those six weeks in prep, and it's beneficial.

In terms of total body training, though--I still haven't found anything that makes me feel and look as good as some sort of weight/strength training (right now I'm trying kettlebells and they're good fun). Bodyweight is great; I've just noticed that weight helps more.

hundredpushups

This won't really help you with gaining much strength and/or mass...
I would suggest you do Convict Conditioning instead if you're dead set on bodyweight exercises

"Control of your words and emotions is the greatest predictor of success." - MaleDefined

hundredpushups

Quote: (05-08-2012 01:35 AM)NuMbEr7 Wrote:  

I would suggest you do Convict Conditioning instead if you're dead set on bodyweight exercises
any links for that Convict Conditioning? I might need it pretty soon if I'm stuck in a motel room with no weights to use.

hundredpushups

I can usually do 70-80 pushups, a minimum of 40 even when in the worst of shape

hundredpushups

edit

"Control of your words and emotions is the greatest predictor of success." - MaleDefined

hundredpushups

I have no doubt that this gets you fit and all but do you pack on lean muscles doing it?. In short : do you grow with this system ?

Book - Around the World in 80 Girls - The Epic 3 Year Trip of a Backpacking Casanova

My new book Famles - Fables and Fairytales for Men is out now on Amazon.

hundredpushups

Quote: (05-08-2012 03:41 AM)Neil Skywalker Wrote:  

I have no doubt that this gets you fit and all but do you pack on lean muscles doing it?. In short : do you grow with this system ?

You'll gain muscle endurance, but I guess if you are a total newb to gyming you'll gain a bit of muscle

hundredpushups

Quote: (05-08-2012 01:44 AM)houston Wrote:  

Quote: (05-08-2012 01:35 AM)NuMbEr7 Wrote:  

any links for that Convict Conditioning? I might need it pretty soon if I'm stuck in a motel room with no weights to use.

They have a part 2 now as well, Check your pm.

hundredpushups

Quote: (05-08-2012 02:08 AM)Deb Auchery Wrote:  

Prove it. Record a video of yourself doing this. You can cover your face just stick a piece of paper to your t-shirt saying 'Debauchery Roosh'.

I want to see your form.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

hundredpushups

Quote: (05-08-2012 04:57 PM)Moma Wrote:  

Prove it. Record a video of yourself doing this. You can cover your face just stick a piece of paper to your t-shirt saying 'Debauchery Roosh'.

I want to see your form.

Lol I agree with Moma.
Almost any dude that claims he can do a lot of pushups always fails when it comes down to it. That or their form is horrible. Arched back and everything. Real straight back pressups are fucking hard to do.

I'm not gona call you out, but I won't believe it till I see it.

I remember a few months ago this Brazilian kid from my Uni was claiming he could 80 pushups. I burst out laughing and called bullshit instantly.
I said "do you have any idea how hard it is to do 80 pushups?!" but he was still confident.
I told him to prove it and he was wasted after 20. I thought that whole 'trying to impress people' was a phase you grew out when you hit 18 but I guess some people never get over their deep sense of insecurity and yearning for acceptance. The most evident manifestation of this phenomena is modern celebrities and every kid wanting to be one. To be appreciated by people. It's sad actually.

hundredpushups

I don't see why anyone would doubt Deb saying he can do 80.
In my opinion im not in great shape anymore and I just knocked out 50 before I couldnt get anymore.

My last PT test I knocked out 78 push ups, and the only training I was doing was playing rugby.
thats on top of waking up 5am to take the test.

80 pushups is hard..but its not some odd feet that cant be done.
When I was being forced to do pushups all day I maxed out around 120.
With pushups its endurance..and with endurance..its will power.
keep telling yourself 2 more push ups wont kill you..until you collapse

You don't need 6 weeks.
I can get a kid from 15 push ups to 100 in 4 weeks.

I am the cock carousel

hundredpushups

The humble pushup is one the oldest exercises in the realm of physical culture. Pushups were the foundation for the early culturists including Earl Leiderman, Charles Atlas, Jack Lalanne and others. Herschel Walker never trained with weights and his mainstay was the pushup. Today, at age 48 he does 1500 pushups A DAY!

Look up the actor Woody Strode. You may remember him from the original Spartacus and Sergeant Rutledge movies. The Nazi film maker Riefenstahl thought he was the most perfectly developed man and wanted to film/photograph him. He trained exclusively with body weight exercises and did over 1000 pushups a day.

Clint Eastwood, Charles Bronson, Tony Curtis, Kirk Douglas and many other actors used the pushup and bodyweight exercises as their core training method. Check out this guy doing the Tiger squat and pul ups. Search for Transformetrics. The forum wont let me post the link.

He is 59 years old and never trained with weights. He started the Charles Atlas program when he was 10 years old AND after having childhood polio. He can do 38 genuine pullups and routinely performs 1000+ pushups in a day. He can perform sets of deep handstand pushups on blocks. How many 20 year olds in great shape can do even one? The website also has a great forum and other interesting resources.

All I'm saying is that there are other ways to train besides weights. There is a lot of evidence that points to the pushup, all by itself, as capable of achieving great strength and muscularity. The man you see in the link would say to perform a wide variety of pushups (Atlas, Superman, Hindu, diamond etc...) so all your muscles are hit at different angles and strengthened equally.

hundredpushups

I'm not going to deny that pushups are great (myself, I generally max out around 50 for my yearly test, though I actually hit 75 at my best in my younger days--yes, strict form pushups). I'm just saying that I at least am happier about my health and appearance if I mix bodyweight exercises with actual loading of some sort.

(I'm also saying that after doing the six-week "hundred pushups" plan on two occasions, I could only do 50 after "finishing" the 6th week on both occasions, so I'd take their "hundred pushups" with a big grain of salt).

hundredpushups

70-80 push-ups is a level of awesomeness I aspire to. I could probably do fifty in 2 minutes with good form.

I'm following this program and the sit-up (crunch) program, just did day 1 of week 3. I bench 320lb, so if I can do that and a hundred push-ups, I'll be stoked!

Ps. Am doing crossfit, guerilla cardio and rugby alongside this.

A year from now you'll wish you started today

hundredpushups

I'm not sure how I can do so many to be honest, I think my form is good. I am not muscular by any stretch of the imagination.

hundredpushups

I've been doing 40 pushups regularly for a while now - every morning before I shower.
Don't think I can do a 100, though - and it's been a lot longer than 6 weeks. But I haven't followed any program.

hundredpushups

Maybe its cause im young..but I just don't believe you need 6 weeks to do 100 push ups at once

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/army/a/afpt.htm

At 31(using that age as a mid range number)..you still 39 push ups just to score 60 percent

Normally anyone scoring just 60 percent looks like a fool.
in my age group at least. 60 push ups is average

I am the cock carousel

hundredpushups

I'm back up to sixty pushups, but it's still a far cry from 100. It's not going to get you buff but it is a good benchmark for how you are doing over time.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

hundredpushups

Quote: (05-08-2012 04:57 PM)Moma Wrote:  

I want to see your form.

I can also do about 30-40 proper pushups, even when not in any sort of training program. And maybe another 15-20 after a minute or so rest. Yes, with good form. Am also fairly short and lean. Don't know about the bio-mechanics of pushups, but maybe that makes them easier.

So DebAuchery's numbers don't sound implausible.

hundredpushups

Bad Hausar - I just wanted proof. Don't believe it's impossible but I wanted to see it.

I went on a trip to Montreal a while back with some friends of mine. I am the biggest and strongest of them all. We got drunk and had a pushup competition.
I conked out at 30. My friend (a short brown guy) weighing 140 pounds cranked out a smooth 50 with perfect form.

So, I am not saying it's impossible but I felt this was a moment for proof required.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

hundredpushups

I just cranked out 50. Jesus that shit is tiring. I'm out of breath typing this on my iPhone.
I didn't think I could do that many.

Goal by next weekend 60.

hundredpushups

I used to be able to do about 50 odd. But then I started doing a Tacfit commando course by Scott Sonnon (brutal workout by the way if anyone is interested) and realised I was doing push ups all wrong. Unlike that demonstration from that 100 hundred pushups site, your elbows should be tucked in against your sides with the elbow pits always facing foward. Now I can only do about 25 of these ones as they are much harder. Is this how everyone else does them?