rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Welcome to Facebook Hell

Welcome to Facebook Hell

Maybe it's because I'm in my late twenties now, but it seems like many of my male friends from back in the day (high school or college) are now posting pictures of their weddings or their babies on Facebook. Often times, these said friends have gained an inordinate amount of weight and something else just doesn't look quite right about their appearance. They are sitting in a living room wearing a hoodie with their eyes hazed over, just like a jungle cat that was caught in the wild and has now spent 6 years in captivity. Simply put, they are broken men.

In the case of female friends, there were many that I would have considered bangable back in the day, but now look like worn down, overweight hags with nearly no femininity to speak of. Popular cheerleaders, dancers, and other trophy girls have been reduced to dogs, shells of women that I would not look twice at if seen on the street.

Does anyone else observe this sad trend? I think it's definitely a US thing, because while abroad I do not see so many people letting themselves go.

Welcome to Facebook Hell

Yes, it's true. The tables have turned in some cases. I was not in with the in crowd in high school, so it makes me crack a smile seeing the prima donnas and quarterback types are often frumpy, fat, and bald now. Many have not even left hometown or finished college, and consider a cultured, exotic vacation a 5-day, 4-night trip to Mazatlan. I love it...it's a great ego boost to see I have not turned out like that!

Welcome to Facebook Hell

How do you search for the graduating year of your school?! I can figure out how to search for your school but how do you put in the year?

Does anyone have "Old Classmates" game? I wouldn't mind banging some of those girls who wouldn't even look in my direction back in the day.

Welcome to Facebook Hell

I deleted 90% (400 or so) friends a few years back. I only stay "friends" with people I might want to stay in touch with at some point in the future because it's easier than trying to look them up later.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Welcome to Facebook Hell

Since humans almost always take the path of least resistance, happiness begets complacency. There's a lot to be said for being miserable and maladjusted in your teens and early-20's.

Welcome to Facebook Hell

Ya...i think 25 is the age you see old friends starting to settle down and get married. sad state of affairs

Welcome to Facebook Hell

Yup after 25 or so both guys and girls start to be complacent about thier appearance.

Welcome to Facebook Hell

I don't think people letting themselves go is correlated to age. I know a lot of guys at the gym who are shredded/buffed more than i am and they are in their early 30s, while i am in my early 20s.

Based on my personal experience, i was in an extremely destructive long term relationship, before i got into game, and the general manosphere online literature , and throughout this relationship, i cancelled my gym membership, started eating fast food everyday TWICE!, drank more, and i was only 20 years old. Which brings me to my point, in which both men and women let themselves go once they find themselves in a "comfortable" serious monogamous relationship and they end up thinking that they found the "one", so there's no need to put energy and effort into appearance, who gives a shit what people think, as long as their partner likes them.

However men can let themselves go, but they will still look decent with age, women on the other hand, not so much.

Overall, IMO such behavior is destructive in the short-term and long-term, and what's even MORE catastrophic is MONOGAMY!

Welcome to Facebook Hell

It's just too easy to get fat and disgusting in America. We're surrounded by shitty food and frumpy clothes, and we'll fight to the death for your right to have it, all in the name of 'freedom.' Honestly, if 'freedom' means the right to swill soda and gorge on donuts in your sweatsuit, fuck freedom.

Welcome to Facebook Hell

Quote: (04-16-2012 10:19 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

It's just too easy to get fat and disgusting in America. We're surrounded by shitty food and frumpy clothes, and we'll fight to the death for your right to have it, all in the name of 'freedom.' Honestly, if 'freedom' means the right to swill soda and gorge on donuts in your sweatsuit, fuck freedom.

No one endorses freedom. Freedom to kill your neighbor?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Welcome to Facebook Hell

I've also noticed this trend, and like popeyearms76 has said, I was not part of the "in" crowd, in high school. The females I pined for back then have become overweight single mothers, and a lot of the guys that gave me shit are still working for minimum wage.

It all works out in the end. I feel as though my future is bright, while those who had their "best years" before they could appreciate them look towards a life of poverty, loneliness, and frustration.

Glad it's not me.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

Welcome to Facebook Hell

Quote: (04-16-2012 10:22 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

What?

Welcome to Facebook Hell

Quote: (04-16-2012 10:50 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

What?

Think of what true freedom would imply. Freedom to do anything. No one believes we should all have total freedom. It would be chaos.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Welcome to Facebook Hell

I'm 24 and I just started noticing a significant number of girls I went to high school with gaining weight. There's definitely a few that I would have loved to bang back in the day but I wouldn't now. It's kind of surreal to see this happening in real time.

Welcome to Facebook Hell

Can someone answer my question about searching for classmates who graduated in the same year. I don't remember girls full names to search that way.

Welcome to Facebook Hell

Quote: (04-17-2012 12:46 AM)houston Wrote:  

Can someone answer my question about searching for classmates who graduated in the same year. I don't remember girls full names to search that way.

You just type it into the search bar on the top.
xyz high school (year graduated)
and you should get whatever people graduated with you that have a facebook

Welcome to Facebook Hell

i am about to be in grad school next fall, and i get a kick out of looking at all of the people i went to high school with.

i was kind-of-sort-of "in" crowd, but i definitely wasn't some high school quarterback who got pussy from the finest cheerleader; it was more like i got invited to a lot of the popular parties, talked to (but didn't bang enough, if i could only go back right?) the upper middle caste of high school women, and had a lot of friends that were the studs of the class. but i never really identified myself with a certain crowd.

almost everyone i know went to some sort of state school and got noticeably plumpier from the first month of college. some of the dudes who fucked the finest high school sluts just peaked during senior year and then fell off completely... community college, shitty apartment, the kind of guys who sit around and drink beer after getting off from their below average paying job. a lot of the rich girls got into sororities... some got fat and others are still dime pieces with their ego's totally blown up. a lot of the dudes who went into fraternities had a good first 2 years of college but are pretty much destined for mediocrity.

it's quite funny really. i can only count a few people who have actually bettered themselves since high school ended. the ones who have improved are all generally pretty close with each other and still make it a priority to grab a drink or smoke some bud together. some went the college route others didn't, but in high school i really didn't peg them as the kind of people to be destined for success.

Welcome to Facebook Hell

This post reminds me of this thread

Welcome to Facebook Hell

Quote: (04-16-2012 10:58 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (04-16-2012 10:50 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

What?

Think of what true freedom would imply. Freedom to do anything. No one believes we should all have total freedom. It would be chaos.

I think someone watched XXX one too many times.

Welcome to Facebook Hell

I love it when girls I knew from high school hit me up on Facebook and tell me how good I look. It really isn't hard to look better than 90% of the people you went to HS with ten years later. Very few get better looking, and most get way worse looking.

Welcome to Facebook Hell

Quote: (04-17-2012 01:38 AM)Asmodeus Wrote:  

Quote: (04-17-2012 12:46 AM)houston Wrote:  

You just type it into the search bar on the top.
xyz high school (year graduated)
and you should get whatever people graduated with you that have a facebook
I think they took away that option. Fuck facebook. I wanted to try and fuck some of my old classmates

Quote:Quote:

I've already graduated from high school. How do I join my high school's network?
High school networks are for current high school students only. Unfortunately, you cannot affiliate with a high school network as an alum.

High school alumni can list the school that they graduated from in the Education Information section of their profile. Learn how to edit this information on your profile.

You can also search for other people who have listed a specific high school on their profile by using Classmate Search.
Permalink · Share

Welcome to Facebook Hell

In order for freedom to make sense, citizenry must be worthy of that freedom.

The ancient Greeks understood this required a life-time of education, self-development and honing of skills. Grooming of the soul, so to speak. Paideia was what they called it.

If citizenry is unworthy of that freedom, they will either be conquered and subjugated by a foreign power or a tyrant will take the reigns of power. Polybius wrote about this "six-stage cycle of government". There is not much in the way of evidence for this, but you can see it happening in Southern Europe. Democracy is proving an economic failure due to a crushing entitlement culture, so technocratic governments assigned to power by the central planners in Brussels have begun to usurp power, circumventing the democractic process. The mandate of the EU politicians has exploded yet I don't recall Europeans being given a choice. Not that they'd know what to do with it anyways.

America is the West's only hope, and hopefully kicking OB out of office will be a step in returning the reigns of power to the citizenry. After all, it is only through government that feminists and their minions can extort, oppress and persecute. Without the tools of a burgeoning State apparatus and its distorting effects on the natural relationships between the sexes, women would revert to specilization in what they do best (being sexy and bearing children, with organized religion and shaming mechanisms to check the hypergamy monster) and men would revert what they do best (mindless drive and ambition to hoarde resources to earn a female's favor, with organized religion and the State channeling energy into productive endeavors rather than anarchy).

A year from now you'll wish you started today

Welcome to Facebook Hell

In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is King. Imagine were a man with two eye's, and maybe even a pair of binoculars would find himself. So, other people letting themselves go hands the opportunity to those who don't, and also maybe even improve themselves.

On to women. It amazes me that any sane women could let herself go. A woman's appearance is so critically to her life outcome, and her weight is such a major part of appearance, you really shouldn't see it happening too often.

It's equivalent to a man who is in a prestigious $100K+ job who has good game who then decides to slack off at work, gets fired, starts to play WoW 24/7 and stops gaming women. No sane man would ever do something like this. Yet, apparently the call of another piece of cake is worth all the downside to women. I don't get it.

Welcome to Facebook Hell

Quote: (04-17-2012 07:26 AM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

It's equivalent to a man who is in a prestigious $100K+ job who has good game who then decides to slack off at work, gets fired, starts to play WoW 24/7 and stops gaming women. No sane man would ever do something like this. Yet, apparently the call of another piece of cake is worth all the downside to women. I don't get it.

LOL! I know a guy who fell down this path. In his day we used to call him the pub slut because he would be all over every decent looking woman in the bar we drunk in. He didnt get fired but his life became totally pre-occupied with WoW. He went from a decent dressing in shape PUA to a balding fat slob in the space of 3 years. WoW has been the ruin of many a person.

Welcome to Facebook Hell

Quote: (04-17-2012 07:46 AM)LifeBeginsAt40 Wrote:  

Quote: (04-17-2012 07:26 AM)Bad Hussar Wrote:  

LOL! I know a guy who fell down this path. In his day we used to call him the pub slut because he would be all over every decent looking woman in the bar we drunk in. He didnt get fired but his life became totally pre-occupied with WoW. He went from a decent dressing in shape PUA to a balding fat slob in the space of 3 years. WoW has been the ruin of many a person.

Shit, that sounds horrible. Good thing computer games have never been one of my vices.

The thing is that this guy stands out in your mind because he is such an outlier. I know there are plenty of guys who are self-destructive, but usually they have never had great success in the first place. It's just more of the same.

But a previously in shape woman who lets herself go is really crazy. I guess it just plays into the hands of women who have the ability to stay in shape. They will monopolize all then male attention.