rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Guys under 30 - Are you using your time wisely in terms of travel?

We have had many debates here about working hard in our 20s and then travel hard in our 30's or travel now.

Well im not looking to change anybody's mind but im just wondering how effective are you being with your time.

Are you young cats ignoring travelling right now and looking to do it later?

Let me tell you something, i wouldnt trade all the money in the world for the experience of going to Amsterdam when i was 16 (yes 16) and hitting all them strip clubs, it was an unique experience that wouldnt have the same effect on me now that im 26.

There are some cities that you could be hitting now where your young age and looks will have the same effect as having money in your 30s if not better. For example,i cant think of a single guy in London in his late 30s who was constantly banging young hot women, matterfact you being in your late 30s and hitting on young women, you will be seen as creepy, London girls are not really the type of girls to be golddiggers, unless you are famous or something like that. Think you are going to impress them with buying drinks in the club and drive an expensive car? Forget it. This applies for most of cities in England, if not all.

I bet this can be applied to many other western countries. There are many countries where being young and good looking is like having money in your late 30s and 40s, you need to be travelling to these places now before your time is up.

Cancun springbreak is one of these places where im looking to hit next year where being young will guarantee you to have a wild time. Looking younger than my age also helps to be hitting on these young chicks.

Also, can you really imagine yourself in your 40s and be hitting clubs and bars to look for girls? I am 26 and im already losing patience for clubs, i doubt i will be in my 40s and moving from club to club trying to pull young girls.

I think most of us here are interested in living long periods in latin american countries or south east asian countries. Well to live in these countries and to be fucking lots of hot women while in your 40s, you dont need to be making one million dollars per year. A year ago i went to DR and i was spending 1300 dollars per month and i felt like i was richier than most of people there.

My point here is for you to know what countries interest you and whether the local girls of these countries/cities will be interested in fucking good looking young guys or old guys with money. Most of young girls from western countries will be more interested in fucking good looking young guys while girls in developing nations may care more about what you can bring to the table. However, note that a young guy with game will do well in most of developing nations with lots of money or with ok money, you will be a novelty in most of countries and they will always see you as more interesting than their local guys.

I am not saying to forget money because im a very money minded person and most of my moves involves making money. However, i have decided to use more wisely my time, im trying to combine money, travelling and full freedom, also im not looking to be happy later, i like being happy now.

Its just a wake up call.

I did a ton a travel during school, but now that I started working last summer, I only get 10 days of vacation a year. I’d love to set up a more location-independent income stream, and I have a few ideas I’m in the initial stages of pursuing, but it’s going to be a challenge with no experience in web, programing, advertising, design, manufacturing sourcing, etc.

The other option is, I think if I stay at my job for ~5 years or so, putting me in upper 20’s, I should have enough of a nest egg to invest in dividend yielding stocks or fixed income and live pretty well in certain parts of the world. Of course it’s a slippery slope getting addicted to that kind of pay check after so many years...

hey, i want to thank you for your post. I am 27 at the moment and the question of travel is always on my mind. I have lived in four countries in my life so I am not doing badly for my age. Also I am based in a European country so I can travel easily. However, I feel things are changing very gradually for me...I feel like the clock is ticking and I regret wasting quite alot of time in my early twenties not having enough confidence or conviction, and I am making up for that.

Another thing that is changing for me is the fact that I feel I need to diversify my income - passive income online is the ultimate goal. I have a freelance gig and also a website that is turning profitable...I realise that working for someone else makes them richer.

I feel the 'itch' to relocate in the next year or so, travel for an extended period of time and have that passive or 'easy' income from websites/business available to me....

Im not convinced about planning travels to maximise my youthful good looks (lol) - I know guys in late 30's and 40s who are destroying it with girls, in expensive western countries. I'll still be able to pick up in Sweden or Las Vegas (two places Ive been to with the hottest girls ) in 10-15 years, so it doesnt really matter to me.

Right now my focus is on developing myself, figuring out better ways to make money location independently, and going to exactly the places I want to goto, now.

What does matter is HEALTH and BRAINPOWER and those definitely decline as you get older, so I want to make best use of them now, and preserve them as long as possible. Even at 27 I cant hit clubs more than 3 nights a week and have much of a productive week, whereas I could do this (somewhat) when I was younger. As you get older your "room for error" disappears for sure and you have to focus in on the stuff that's truly important to you.

For that reason I want to prioritise a few stints of absolute carnage before I'm 30, like periods of 4-6 weeks hitting it up every night in some amazing spots. But in terms of making the most of my looks, naah, dont care. I mean, if I'm really ropey and out of it, like in my 60s, then yeah I'm probably past it. But 40s? Nahh, guys can pull from clubs at that age (if they want to), no worries.

Another thing is, you never know the person you're gonna be in the future, so you cant fully plan for it. I think you've just gotta follow your gut on what is right for you now, rather than overly intellectualising it and trying to max out some life plan that doesnt take into account all the shit you cant know about that is going to happen. Immediate clear 6-12 month goals, with an outline 3-5 year plan and some idea of what you value in life, is enough I think.

BTW for a counter-example of a guy in his 40s who DOES bang hot young women in London, and considers his age an advantage, check out RSD's instructor Ozzie. I've seen him killing it in clubs personally and in his footage... guy is a pimp. Then again he is socially in-tune, playful, great energy, in-shape and well-put together.

I think guys associate being old with being fat, depressed, boring and out of touch with whats cool. And yes, guys like that exist and have little to no chance with hot girls in western countries. But those people became like that because it was the life path they were on...and you dont have to take that path. Ozzie is a great example.

It's hard traveling young if you're working and going to school. Luckily, I look very young so I can be 30 and say I'm 21.

I don't travel much at the moment, too busy making ends meet, attempting to generate passive income, and fleshing out other life plans, including long-term travel. By the way, I'm 24.

As my level of passive income increases and I'm no longer tied to my hometown by work obligations and family/social ties, I think this place will simply serve as a "home base" between trips.

Currently, most of my travel is within a few hundred miles of home, usually for concerts, sporting events, or running game on college-aged bitches in a few select towns.

Quote: (02-16-2014 01:05 PM)jariel Wrote:  
Since chicks have decided they have the right to throw their pussies around like Joe Montana, I have the right to be Jerry Rice.

im 25 so I have been debating this a lot recently. There is no way I can do extended travels (more than one month) for a minimum of 6 more years. By 31 I could quit my job and travel, I would have a decent nest-egg built up and would be able to pull in probably 1.5-2k USD a month through investments and minimal location independent skills.

If I stay at my job another 6 years after that I can retire. I will be 37. I will make a GUARANTEED 2k (minimum, might be closer to 3k) per month for the rest of my life before investments and skills(that is adjusted annually for inflation as well), have full medical, and have space available travel for free to the majority of anywhere I would want to go. Factor in the extra time I have to build an investment portfolio and develop location independent skills and I could be pulling about 4-5k USD a month. And 37 is not that old.

So extended/possibly permament travel starting at 31: I would be younger and in better shape. I would be able to consistently pull from the younger age groups (by 31 i will probably be able to pass for around 26-27) in majority of countries. Would have to return to states to reload up on cash if I couldn't develop a decent independent stream. Porbably around 1.5-2k a month income, not guaranteed.

or

Wait another 6 years and have permanent travel starting at 37: Be a bit older. Could pass for early to mid 30s. Will still be in shape but not as good as I am now. Might have to forget about the younger girls in a few countries. Be able to make 50-60k a year (2-3k monthly guaranteed with no work or drawing from investments) location independent with minimal work input, guaranteed free medical and free airfare.

Im planning on waiting for retirement now. Well see how I feel at 31. I would like to start earlier, but its hard to argue with the benefits I will receive for waiting for 6 years past what I am committed to now. A lot can change in the next 12 years though.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Guys, guys, I know it may not seem like this, at your age, but life can actually be better when you get to your 40's. Remember, this forum isn't about doing the norm. If you are looking at older guys as comparisons then stop right there because that is the norm and we are above that.

Try to find your life balance no matter what your age.

Antitrace so you are looking to start travelling by the time you become 31?

To all you guys looking to travel later in life, ask yourself this question:

- If you were asked to die now and comeback to this world after 6 or 10 years with 200 thousand dollars saved, would you say yes?

My answer is a big NO.

Quote: (03-23-2012 02:51 PM)pitt Wrote:  

- If you were asked to die now and comeback to this world after 6 or 10 years with 200 thousand dollars saved, would you say yes?

My answer is a big NO.

Pitt, were you not arguing the other side of the coin previously? So it was hard work and you decided you didn't want to work that hard and money wasn't that important to you. Now you are trying to argue with others that would rather wait.

I suspect you are trying to add weight to your new decision.

Sorry, this is life and not a black and white decision. We all have to decide what is best for ourselves.

Good thread Pitt. I think it's all about striking that balance between work and play.

There are lessons to be learned abroad you can't get at home, knowledge which could be very influential in shaping your future decisions.

It's always wise to travel when young.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

My answer is a big NO.

My assessment is a breakdown for when I can become a permanent traveler. At 31 I could do it with a limited budget and medium financial risk (none of my income at that point would be guarenteed). At 37 would be permanent travel with a budget I could party on with low financial risk (2-3k per month guaranteed, not worrying about airfare)

I plan to start traveling next year. But Im only talking about a couple 2-3 week vacations a year until 37. Retiring at 37 to travel permanently.

God'll prolly have me on some real strict shit
No sleeping all day, no getting my dick licked

The Original Emotional Alpha

Honestly, I get nervous and kind of depressed when I read threads about 21 yr olds banging girls in Europe and all over. I'm nervous because I'm thinking what if I'm to old when I start traveling to get those 18 yr old girls. I have my game plan and there's just no way I can travel right now. BUT I am 24 and look about 19 so I'm hoping that'll save me when I get the ball rolling in a few years.

Quote: (03-23-2012 03:21 PM)houston Wrote:  

Honestly, I get nervous and kind of depressed when I read threads about 21 yr olds banging girls in Europe and all over. I'm nervous because I'm thinking what if I'm to old when I start traveling to get those 18 yr old girls. I have my game plan and there's just no way I can travel right now. BUT I am 24 and look about 19 so I'm hoping that'll save me when I get the ball rolling in a few years.

Houston, there is nothing stopping you from hustling up some money and heading over to Europe for a month or two. Do it when school is out.

Quote: (03-23-2012 02:57 PM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

My answer is a big NO.

Pitt, were you not arguing the other side of the coin previously? So it was hard work and you decided you didn't want to work that hard and money wasn't that important to you. Now you are trying to argue with others that would rather wait.

I suspect you are trying to add weight to your new decision.

Sorry, this is life and not a black and white decision. We all have to decide what is best for ourselves.

Well even when i was working my plan was to work for two or three years and then give up work and just travel all the way. So even when i had a job, my plan was to go to three new destinations this year (i only worked 6 months per year). Some of these guys on here are planning to travel 10 years from now. I have been travelling since the age of 16 almost non stop. How many guys on here were travelling when they were 18, 19, 20, 21 (not all) and some of these guys are planning to do it when they get in their 30s, not a wise plan.

Also, i think i was playing kinda safe (by having a job) and i confess i was a bit scaried to just go through the business route. Now that i dont have a job, i had no other choice than to run businesses and guess what, i think thats the best thing that happened to me, things are going well so far and i have more freedom now and feel happier.

I havent said anything on this thread about me not wanting money, fuck it, all my street moves today were about money, so im definitely about paper all day.

This thread is not to bash jobs, i just want young cats to use their time wisely.

Txbeachbum needs to come on here, this guy is a black genius.

Quote: (03-23-2012 03:29 PM)pitt Wrote:  

Well even when i was working my plan was to work for two or three years and then give up work and just travel all the way. So even when i had a job, my plan was to go to three new destinations this year (i only worked 6 months per year). Some of these guys on here are planning to travel 10 years from now. I have been travelling since the age of 16 almost non stop. How many guys on here were travelling when they were 18, 19, 20, 21 (not all) and some of these guys are planning to do it when they get in their 30s, not a wise plan.

Also, i think i was playing kinda safe (by having a job) and i confess i was a bit scaried to just go through the business route. Now that i dont have a job, i had no other choice than to run businesses and guess what, i think thats the best thing that happened to me, things are going well so far and i have more freedom now and feel happier.

I havent said anything on this thread about me not wanting money, fuck it, all my street moves today were about money, so im definitely about paper all day.

This thread is not to bash jobs, i just want young cats to use their time wisely.

Txbeachbum needs to come on here, this guy is a black genius.

Pitt, I think you will do well in life. You seem to have a good head on your shoulders. You are still learning stuff, like all of us, through experiences. We can sit here and tell everyone what we want to do but we may find, through experiencing it, that it wasn't what we really wanted.

Part of life, my man, which is part of the reason I am happy being older.

I also think people should try to travel as soon as possible but always prepare for the end game.

I started traveling close to 30 and it was by chance. I got sent over to another country for work. I wasn't planning on traveling before that but got hooked.

We may all die tomorrow but when tomorrow comes you still want to be prepared.

If you want to travel all the time then you need to develop a lifestyle that allows it. I learned to hustle when I needed money. This is one skill that will always be with you no matter where you're at.

I love work, I would rather work then watch television or sit around in bars all the time. I still enjoy hanging out during the day, hitting the weights, going to see a movie while other people are at jobs and then just working at night. If it wasn't for some family stuff going on, I would be overseas right now doing the same thing.

I worked really hard and gave up a lot of stuff but the pay off is far better then I even imagined. It would have been easier to get a job and work that but I knew I had to do this full time in order to make it work.

I traveled a lot between 16 and 25. Than 2008 happened and I was in position to invest wisely and I didn't travel much in 2009 and 2010. But, now with the stock market up and real estate up I can travel again almost at will for 5 months per year. Just have to refinance a mortgage and I will be good to go.

I feel you.

Im in no position to go traveling, and probably wont be for a few years, but I try to remember and tell myself that life isn't only lived abroad and you can live the hell out of your life no matter where you are.

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Houston,

I didn't really start my international travel (I don't include Canada) until I was 26. You have to understand that larger age gaps between male/female couples are more accepted outside of the USA. To this day, I still cannot believe how early-20 chicks (non-North American) do not blink when I tell them my age.

@Pitt

You have an analytical mind similar to mine and you make some solid points. However, I would have to add(unless its been added already as I didn't read all posts) some countries that guys rave about on the forum will not be a walk in the park for western guys as developing economies are growing much faster and things are changing(mostly for the worse). Countries that are relatively inexpensive now may become much more so due to high inflation. If you want to predict your life in business terms it would be difficult to account for all the variables since you're talking about traveling the world. If your plan was to live in a particular country it would still be difficult as many of the developing countries do not have stable governments or economies. ex: Greece(which is considered a developed nation) Predicting your life in 1 year is doable and even 3 years might be possible. Anything past that is just daydreaming(which I am often guilty of)

As for myself, I am 22/new grad. Worked in corporate for a while when I was in school. Now I am studying to get licenses so that I can be the seller rather than a buyer of services and goods. I have a big family, many of who will be working for me within a few years. The ideas and possibilities are endless. However, to play it safe I don't plan on travelling 6+ months of the year until I'm at least 27-28.

Also, I can't stress enough how much this forum has helped with my outlook on life and game in general. I am seeing my demeanor morph into an alpha. I am still not where I want to be but life is slow progression. Many guys in their late 20s are still beta bitches. I was a beta turd til I found Naughty Nomad and Roosh's forum. Now I'm like fuck the 9-5 job and fuck the suburban house with a fat self-entitled bitch who's gonna suck away my youth until I rot and croak while she looks forward to a mortgage free home and a fat 401k. Your brain is the most powerful tool that you have, ask questions, go against status quo and your mind will become free from the shackles of conformity.

Quote: (03-23-2012 06:54 PM)2Birds_1Stone Wrote:  

Also, I can't stress enough how much this forum has helped with my outlook on life and game in general. I am seeing my demeanor morph into an alpha. I am still not where I want to be but life is slow progression. Many guys in their late 20s are still beta bitches. I was a beta turd til I found Naughty Nomad and Roosh's forum. Now I'm like fuck the 9-5 job and fuck the suburban house with a fat self-entitled bitch who's gonna suck away my youth until I rot and croak while she looks forward to a mortgage free home and a fat 401k. Your brain is the most powerful tool that you have, ask questions, go against status quo and your mind will become free from the shackles of conformity.

Im working at a different account then my normal one this week and next. All the guys there are in their 30s or 40s and we got on the topic of my age. They all said the same thing "oh 24, still no wife yet?" my answer every time "I'm smarter then that"

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

Pitt - I believe you are a rare breed of the youth today. Most young cats I met in London seem to think going to Manchester for a weekend was a big deal, if they did leave the country it was Malia, Cyprus or some Southern Europe destination. As a "foreigner" I couldn't understand why they would not explore Europe more.
I even had a cousin who got an free invite from some chick to take a European tour and he declined.
Generally, I find alot of young Brits to be cheap and will not pay the money to Explore some of the hidden gems of Europe.

I am probably that old guy you talk about, I have met girls easily who were 10-15 years younger than me and never questioned my age. I find girls in North America are much tougher on older guys unless you have dollars, in Europe it is easier and probably much more easier in Asia/S America/Central America.

Also forget Cancun, I found it to be over-rated and more like Cocktoberfest. I would highly recommend spring break in Tampa/St Pete's (see El Mech review)[Image: smile.gif]
I agree with you 100 % that travelling cannot beat all the money in the world, it is even better when your young but just as good when you are older, hopefully you are more wiser.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (03-23-2012 10:04 AM)houston Wrote:  

It's hard traveling young if you're working and going to school. Luckily, I look very young so I can be 30 and say I'm 21.

Yea but it's also about how you feel. You can be 40 and pass for 25 if you look it but you will be irritated by 25 year olds because mentally you will be past it. And also even if you look 40, your body will have been 40 years on this planet and some of the juvenile shyt that's cool when you are 25 will seem tedious and annoying.

Although Toronto is generally wack for clubs, I am beginning to get wary of the regular shyt. I just came back from a date and I couldn't wait to crawl into bed. I was neutral on whether she wanted to fcuk or not...just so I could lay my azz up in bed.

10 years ago, I would have climbed seven walls to smell that poonanny...

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards