rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

In Defense of France

In Defense of France

Now, I know this is a topic that is sure to bring on some haters, but I don't mean to take it there. I've noticed a lot of French bashing in a couple of threads. Even talks about nuking their country.

Whoa.

I'm no fan of Parisians, but I dig Paris. And I dig French women. I like their culture generally.

That said, regardless of what you may think of the country and its people, you've got to give the French props for their social consciousness. They will unite quick to protect themselves against the forces that be, as this clip easily demonstrates. I think those of us in the Anglo world could stand to learn a thing or two from them.

In Defense of France

Why Americans hate the French so much ?

Chicks need to be on rotation like a Netflix queue

In Defense of France

The French are arrogant, rude, and believe their shit doesn't smell. They are also pretty lazy and want the good life, but don't want to pay for it. Surrendering in WWII, having Americans and English liberate their country, only to put up signs telling Americans to "go home" didn't win our hearts over.

That said, each individual is unique and I would like to spend some time in France. It's a beautiful country that has it all geographically, great food, good wine, feminine women, and excellent style. I am sure that Americans and French could learn a lot from each other - maybe the perfect complimentary Yin and Yang.

In Defense of France

Quote: (02-02-2012 08:02 PM)Mr.GM Wrote:  

Why Americans hate the French so much ?

The question is, why do the French hate the Americans so much? Again, as Vacancier said, one can't pigeonhole them as Parisians but let me tell you, because I look like an American, I got the shit treatment in Paris.

Even when I was going back to Britain, I tried to ask the coach driver where to put my luggage. He sneered at me and said something along the lines of
"Oh you Americans, you think..blah blah"

Very condescending. In my observation, it's a part of the French culture to criticise, moan and complain.

Don't get me wrong, the Brits are just as bad. The only difference is, I speak fluent English with Brit accent so I guess I get a bit of a pass with the Brits.

But both are moaners and neither like each other. And with all Hen has posted about France, I still thank my lucky stars that I grew up in England as opposed to France.
If I grew up in France, my self esteem would be in the toilet, guaranteed.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

In Defense of France

They are simply just extreme xenophobes. If your are not French they don't give a fuck about you. People twist and turn to try and understand this but its just that simple.

In Defense of France

I've NEVER heard of Americans complaining about France. Nobody here gives a fuck about that country to be honest. I have heard a few stories of Americans going over there and getting very rude attitudes and comments because of where they're from. I plan on fucking as many French girls as I can to help the American-France relationship be on better terms.

In Defense of France

I think French people just have a certain personality that doesn't really mix well with non French people.

I trained under an old French chef for two years, he was fucking cunt and he made more then a few grown men cry. If you looked past that though he was a really cool guy. You just had to deal with the abrasiveness.

what I noticed from him was that he did not give a single fuck. If he didn't like you, he told you, and why. Now that I think about that, its pretty "alpha" behaviour, maybe that nature of the french, especially men, to just not give a fuck is why they've always been considered to do well with women?

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

In Defense of France

I for sure wouldn't say we hate the French. Most Americans have never been to France, and have had very little, if any, contact with French people. I would say it is more of a joke among Americans, though not one you hear extremely often. We tend to think of the French as being pussies, which seems to stem from WWI and WWII. You hear jokes on TV shows sometimes along the lines of "We pulled those pussies out of TWO wars!" and stuff like that.

We def don't hate them. You wont walk around the US and hear people even talking about the French 99.99% of the time. My heritage is French and French Canadian, but I was born and raised in the US. So when people bring up that they are Irish, Italian or whatever, I always bring up I'm French Canadian to fuck with em and people will generally crack a joke about it, in good fun. Probably similar to if I grew up in France but said my parents were both American, someone would probably crack a fat joke in jest.

No hate, just stereotypes.

In Defense of France

Interesting

In Defense of France

Also I don't get why the French are called "cowards," especially in regard to WW2. They get whupped in short order, sure, but they put up a fight as best as they could. They still lost almost a quarter of a million soldiers, slightly less than Poland. Even after being conquered, they put up sustained resistance: http://ww2db.com/battle_spec.php?battle_id=153.

In Defense of France

Quote: (02-02-2012 08:40 PM)Chad Daring Wrote:  

what I noticed from him was that he did not give a single fuck. If he didn't like you, he told you, and why. Now that I think about that, its pretty "alpha" behaviour, maybe that nature of the french, especially men, to just not give a fuck is why they've always been considered to do well with women?

I've heard this said about people from France and Germany, as well as certain other EU countries. They are more direct and frank about how they feel and what they think...They don't really vibe with that whole "PC" shit. One of my good friends went to high school in Frankfurt because his Dad was stationed there. Said the same thing. Even at job interviews, you are told straight up if the reason you are not getting the job is because they don't like you.

In Defense of France

Quote: (02-02-2012 08:52 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Also I don't get why the French are called "cowards," especially in regard to WW2. They get whupped in short order, sure, but they put up a fight as best as they could. They still lost almost a quarter of a million soldiers, slightly less than Poland.

Same here. All of mainland Europe got whooped by the Nazis. Had the Americans not intervened when they did, the UK would have been next in line in just a matter of time. It was the decision of the Americans to get involved, as well as Hitler's idiotic (yet fortunate) decision to invade Russia in the dead of winter, that saved Britain from certain domination. The Nazis were dropping bombs on them for a year.

In Defense of France

Has anyone gotten in fights over there while visiting? How do those French guys react if you get in their face and start going off?

In Defense of France

Quote: (02-02-2012 08:59 PM)houston Wrote:  

Has anyone gotten in fights over there while visiting? How do those French guys react if you get in their face and start going off?

I know a couple of latin cats from Miami that got into a fight with a crew while over there. I think they got punched with a knuckleduster and one of the Miami cats got his jaw cracked but he put in a few nice ones on them.

By and by, you should be cool in Paris but you might find there in your face style a bit confrontational. I prefer Holland, if you ask me. I stopped by Paris this year and it didn't really call out to me. Still, it's worth going and checking out.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

In Defense of France

I've been to France several times as a tourist (never worked there or stayed more than a week at a time) but I was always treated very well. The only exception was when I was traveling with a stereotypically American looking friend (tall, blond, jeans, t-shirt and ballcap wearing guy).

In Defense of France

Quote: (02-02-2012 08:52 PM)Roosh Wrote:  

Also I don't get why the French are called "cowards," especially in regard to WW2. They get whupped in short order, sure, but they put up a fight as best as they could. They still lost almost a quarter of a million soldiers, slightly less than Poland. Even after being conquered, they put up sustained resistance: http://ww2db.com/battle_spec.php?battle_id=153.

also considering the heavy losses they took in WWI also. They lost a million+ men and still managed to put up a fight in the next round. The French demographics still haven't recovered from those losses.

In Defense of France

I really don't get why french girls aren't hyped up. All that I have "met" so far were great in every way. Granted, they either weren't from Paris or had an explicit distaste for the Parisian ways.

I think France gets a bad hype because of Paris and Parisians, as far as I can grasp.

Yet, I've been to Paris 3 times and never had a problem with the locals. It still remais my favourite city in the world, and I'd definitely consider France a country to reside for a long stay. It has all I like: great girls, great wine, great food and great culture (literature, philosophy...)

People should chime in more on France and especially French girls.

In Defense of France

In post-WWII occupied France, Americans troops got pretty annoyed with the French they were protecting.

It got bad enough the US Army published "112 Gripes About the French" as part of trying to deal with American troop's resentment. The text is now on-line at this link:

http://www.e-rcps.com/gripes/

[Image: front.jpg]

"Alpha children wear grey. They work much harder than we do, because they're so frightfully clever. I'm awfully glad I'm a Beta, because I don't work so hard. And then we are much better than the Gammas and Deltas. Gammas are stupid. They all wear green, and Delta children wear khaki. Oh no, I don't want to play with Delta children. And Epsilons are still worse. They're too stupid to be able to read or write. Besides they wear black, which is such a beastly color. I'm so glad I'm a Beta."
--Aldous Huxley, Brave New World

In Defense of France

Actually, the French and Spanish/latinos really like each other. I think the beef and resentment is towards Anglos from USA.

Mixx

In Defense of France

It'S against anglo culture in general . We are in general very direct and like to arg our opinion and exchange . Anglophone in general prefer to retreit from conflict or animosity . They are always gentle . That's piss me off and a lot of french and latin people in general . It shows that you don't have any character and a sissy atitude . I'm not saying what is better but just the difference .
Just to give you the difference with the 2 mentality . If you piss someone off you will know right away that he haven't like your comment . You see the difference on the television . I don't know how many times I saw stars on american show been blasted and staying there . In Québec Or France , they will blast you and leave the plateau . I'm not saying what it's better because sometime that come with many problems but, it's a distinction .

In Defense of France

Quote: (02-03-2012 10:26 AM)Alfonzo Wrote:  

It'S against anglo culture in general . We are in general very direct and like to arg our opinion and exchange . Anglophone in general prefer to retreit from conflict or animosity . They are always gentle . That's piss me off and a lot of french and latin people in general . It shows that you don't have any character and a sissy atitude . I'm not saying what is better but just the difference .
Just to give you the difference with the 2 mentality . If you piss someone off you will know right away that he haven't like your comment . You see the difference on the television . I don't know how many times I saw stars on american show been blasted and staying there . In Québec Or France , they will blast you and leave the plateau . I'm not saying what it's better because sometime that come with many problems but, it's a distinction .

Are you Quebecois?

In Defense of France

Quote: (02-02-2012 10:57 PM)MiXX Wrote:  

Actually, the French and Spanish/latinos really like each other. I think the beef and resentment is towards Anglos from USA.

Mixx

As well as towards Anglos from England.

OUR NEW BLOG!

An Ode To Lizards

In Defense of France

Quote: (02-03-2012 10:45 AM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Quote: (02-03-2012 10:26 AM)Alfonzo Wrote:  

Are you Quebecois?

Yes

In Defense of France

I do know four things:

1. Every American that Hates France, doesn't speak french

2. Every American that Hates France, has never had any success swooping girls in France.

3. Every American that Hates France, had zero success at the topless beaches or has never been.

4. Every American that Hates France, his problems don't end there.

Alternate that is not an 100% truth like those above, but still true probably 99% of the time:

Every American that Hates France, loves Christian Audiger, which is ironically the only real thing from France that one should hate.

In Defense of France

Quote: (02-03-2012 12:04 PM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

I do know four things:

1. Every American that Hates France, doesn't speak french

2. Every American that Hates France, has never had any success swooping girls in France.

3. Every American that Hates France, had zero success at the topless beaches or has never been.

4. Every American that Hates France, his problems don't end there.

Alternate that is not an 100% truth like those above, but still true probably 99% of the time:

Every American that Hates France, loves Christian Audiger, which is ironically the only real thing from France that one should hate.

Well said.