rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Floyd Mayweather: Boxer to fight kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in Japan

Floyd Mayweather: Boxer to fight kickboxer Tenshin Nasukawa in Japan

Quote: (11-06-2018 08:10 PM)Belgrano Wrote:  

Disappointing but predictable details emerge about Floyd Mayweather vs Tenshin Nasukawa

Quote:Quote:

Shock, horror, Floyd Mayweather isn't going to let himself be pummelled by the kicks of an undefeated kickboxer

Mayweather, a master pugilist and an expert in keeping relevant, raised plenty of eyebrows when he aligned himself with Japanese mixed martial arts promotion RIZIN FF on Monday morning.

No more additional information was given in the press conference other than the fact that Mayweather would be facing off with unbeaten 20-year-old kickboxing phenom Tenshin Nasukawa.

No details on the rule set or weight or gloves were provided but we were always reluctant to believe that 'Money' would be willing to leave his comfort zone, even slightly.

Being one of the most business-savvy fighters in combat sports history, Mayweather was never going to allow kicks or takedowns and let's be honest, he was even going to be unlikely to wear 4oz. gloves because his hands are notoriously brittle.

Well, Boxing Scene has offered us the most likely scenario because according to their sources, the bout will probably be no more than an exhibition boxing match, which could end up being no longer than three rounds.

Disappointing? Yes. Predictable? Absolutely.

Mayweather will likely be paid handsomely by RIZIN for a fight against a man who is significantly smaller and the 41-year-old won't even have to go through an arduous training camp because he could fight a short exhibition match tomorrow morning.

It would also represent no risk to Mayweather's legacy as an improbable defeat against Nasukawa would not cause a blemish to his pristine 50-0 boxing record.

It's a win-win for both parties as RIZIN would earn mainstream attention on both their brand and one of their most promising young fighters, while Mayweather gets a payday, keeps his name in the headlines and receives something of a tune-up contest if he actually intends to come out of retirement for real for a lucrative rematch against Manny Pacquiao next year.

Who would have thought!

Fortis and I were talking about this a few days ago. I was telling him about all the boxers I used to train that switched to MMA and how many of them would tap out during a match, with anywhere from 5 to 20 leg kicks. I personally have gotten wins from leg kicks my opponent could not tolerate.

Muay Thai is a young man's game. A dude at 20 with high testosterone and dense bones can fill the entire gym with a loud ass pow sound on leg kicks. No older man like Floyd with no MT background can tolerate even a few of those. He isn't going to spend 2+ years learning how to check leg kicks either.

The reason why you do not see leg kick tap outs in UFC, K1, or Bellator is because that caliber of professional can handle that. If you watch low level amateur, exhibition, or sparring matches in Thailand or even the West, you can on occasion see someone tap out or give up from leg kicks. Happens alllll the time.

Floyd isn't trying to have his pristine image destroyed in seconds by a blow that looked like Anderson Silva or Stylebender hit him. Floyd with his eyes rolled back in his skull would never be the same again image wise.

I knew he was going to do something cheesy to avoid it.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Messages In This Thread