rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is it time to push the self destruct button on the travel section?

Is it time to push the self destruct button on the travel section?

Dude, looking at your post history, it seems like people have already discussed this topic with you as a newer member...

thread-68392.html

Nevertheless, I'll answer your question. No, the travel section is the most valuable part of the forum in my opinion. Part of the deal with this information is that if you get it, other people have to get it too. Irish has said it best in other threads. Who are we as individual men to deserve the information coming out of the gate more than younger guys? Hell, with western culture the way it is now, they may need it more than we did (I'm not that old by the way, this is just to show how much has changed in a couple of years).

People that have seen me know my story. Truly dived into this mindset and lifestyle a couple years back, past reports in the travel section inspired me to go to the Philippines. Seeing the differences on the ground have stuck with me ever since. Call it a risk to be played out, but I tend to believe that if you have the right mindset, attitude, and discipline, you should still be ok, maybe at worst have an extra hurdle or two than a few years ago. We still have it pretty good though with our options basically expanding on a global level for women.

At worst, we may have to adapt strategy a bit. I see more guys doing the slow travel approach and getting to know one culture. I don't agree with scotian about learning a local language being a basic attribute. It's tough and there has to be a good ROI to be even worth doing in the first place. I don't think many guys would take that time if they're staying less than a month in a country. Maybe if they were there a year or longer. It's an undeniable advantage, but I don't think it's an absolute basic/need. For example, Taiwan is a heavy Mandarin speaking country and I've gotten laid there without a lick of their language. Maybe it's not hardcore to learn the language, but I'd at least put it on the intermediate level.

As for socially awkward dudes showing up, I don't deny there are more beginners out there now that the tales of fat old dudes in certain countries more than a decade ago have gotten very widespread. That's not how I got into it, but the legends of those stories opened up the door for me to discover this website and at least gave it more validation. Like it or not, guys like that need to be there. Western countries can be very rough on low value males. To prevent suicides and incel development, I don't consider it a terrible thing for them to be there. I've never agreed with the notion of needing to get laid in America before trying to get laid abroad though. Sometimes your personality and game style are just naturally better and more comfortable in a friendlier environment. Though admittedly, doing your homework before you go is even more crucial in that scenario.

Back to the overall question. I think the forum and society in general will police itself on the self-destruct button on the travel section. Less guys seem to be interested in short-term bang travel than 5-10 years ago for a variety of reasons and there is probably more information on certain cities and cultures being kept in tight-knit veteran member groups. With that said, there's still enough city/country information and options on here to get started as a rookie and then if you prove yourself, unlock the rest later.

As far back as I could remember, I always wanted to be a player.

2018 New Orleans Datasheet
New Jersey State Datasheet

Messages In This Thread