rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why is SJWism and active atheism correlated?

Why is SJWism and active atheism correlated?

Quote: (04-16-2016 12:05 PM)puckerman Wrote:  

One of the most interesting things is when I hear atheists reject home schooling. This is even though home schooling is a purely anti-authoritarian method of learning and something they should support. But religious people do it, so many of them reject it without thinking about it.

And some (a few of my friends among them) go past that blind, guilt-by-association dismissal to rejecting homeschooling precisely because it allows kids to be taught with a religious viewpoint. Their go-to assumption regarding parents who are Christian and choose to homeschool is that they are in fact authoritarians, intellectually stunting their children by limiting their education to memorizing the Bible - identifying the home school with the madrassa.

One atheist friend has repeatedly gone even further than this, telling me that kids must be taught in common public schools so as to break the grip of religious superstition over their minds and ensure that all members of society share a uniform ideological frame-of-reference in addition to common intellectual foundations.

Messages In This Thread