rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Physiology of the Female Menstrual Cycle

The Physiology of the Female Menstrual Cycle

Quote: (09-28-2015 02:35 PM)JayJuanGee Wrote:  

I think that you fairly thoroughly explained the fertility periods, which seems to have been a much better explanation compared with the charts and even some of the other scientific information that is put out for the public. From some of those charts, we were getting the sense that a woman had a peak period of fertility during the middle of her cycle (between menstruations) and both before and after her period were supposedly "safe periods" to ejaculate within her without worries of pregnancy.

I do understand as well that some sperm can still be in the pre-ejaculation fluids, and I kind of wonder about how much sperm is potentially in pre-ejaculation fluids. Is there any reliable and well though out studies that get into the details of pre-ejaculation fluids or looking into whether guys really are successfully pulling out before any actual ejaculation fluid gets into the girl?

Thank you for your questions and comments.

With regards to your first comment: Thanks for bringing this up, I completely forgot to discuss this aspect. Although a woman can fall pregnant with a fertilized egg anytime before the next period, unfertilized eggs are thought to die within 48 hours.

The ovary will release an egg at ovulation, but sometimes less dominant follicles will release another egg after the first one, even up to a few days later. (That's how you get non-identical twins)

So if you wait for all the potential eggs to die off, you can then safely release sperm into her without causing pregnancy.

Timing the egg die-off is so notoriously unreliable that it is not recommended; it's safer to assume she can fall pregnant anytime before the period.

With regards to your second comment, please see this post and the follow up discussion:
thread-18970...#pid345530

For a deeper discussion of contraceptive methods:
thread-40893...#pid842604

Messages In This Thread