rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is the Brazilian real collapsing?

Is the Brazilian real collapsing?

Quote: (03-17-2016 06:04 AM)marinhogomes Wrote:  

Well. I would say the situation is quite hot politically, population is extremely pissed off at Dilma. There is tiny support for her, last time they checked the president had a 10% approval rating, but I would say that currently it's more like 5% approval rate (after all the crises on the past few days).

The big thing is that Lula is considered by many to be the leader of he BIGGEST corruption scandal of history of the world so far. Lula, mostly his party, big construction companies, and politics have stole around R$46 billion (it's around USD 12 billion) from brazillian government owned oil company Petrobras. They have recieved money from companies for specific contracts and distributed to many politicians. This is the SECOND time his party has been accused of corruption, the other time was during his government.

Yesterday at night a judge released audios conversation from Dilma and Lula (allowed by justice), and one of the audios has caused a crazy stir in the politics crisis (that was after people were already pissed about Dilma making a corrupt ex-president a minister so he could run away from justice):
Phone recordings
In a dramatic twist Wednesday night, the judge leading the "Car Wash" trial released phone recordings of Lula da Silva, including a conversation he had with Rousseff about the chief of staff post.

In the recording, she says she would send a document confirming the appointment for him to use "if he needed" -- prompting some critics to say it is evidence of a political maneuver aimed at protecting Lula da Silva.

Meanwhile, there has been speculation that Lula da Silva could shake up economic policy and push for more of the social spending that made him such a popular leader. Markets sank in response to the announcement, with the real weakening against the dollar and stocks declining.

I hate to say it but a $12 Billion USD corruption scandal is child's play. When you consider atrocities like the Iraq war, we are talking trillions that was spent on a conflict that we were sold by corrupt warmongering politicians.

From what I can see of the current political situation in Brazil with Lula, it seems to be a case of the media "jury" informally deciding who is guilty before the case actually gets tried before a federal judge. I'm curious to let the process play out and let's see who is really guilty and based on what evidence.

Also from what I've read, Lula will not be immune from this investigation just because he is being appointed in office as chief of staff.

Latin American Coffee Guide
-What other people think of you is none of your business.

Messages In This Thread