rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Star Wars thread

The Star Wars thread

Quote: (10-01-2015 10:28 PM)Legendver2 Wrote:  

I get the hesitation in regards to this movie due to them putting the female main character front and center in the poster, but really guys? Movie isn't even out yet and everyone's already acting like they've seen the whole movie sh*tting on it like a Dubai sponsor sh*tting on a $10 instagram-whore. Why don't we wait until the movie comes out and some of us are actually brave enough to watch this supposedly PC-extravaganza before we decide if it's as bad as everyone here makes it out to be. I mean, couple months ago the same thing was happening in the Mad Max thread, only for some to come back here after it released saying it wasn't THAT bad. Let's not judge a movie by it's poster now.

On another note, imo, I highly suspect this isn't really targeted at young boys, but more of the crowd who grew up with Star Wars, was disappointed at the prequel trilogy, and making this as the second coming of the first trilogy, and aiming more towards the nostalgia of Star Wars. For sure, those audience will indeed bring their kids (the young boys) to watch it to create a new gen of fans. But I think the primary target is the nostalgic OG fans.

Agree 100%

You put a white woman and a black man in leading roles and all of a sudden you have people screaming "white genocide!". Give me a fucking break. Not everything is an attempt by the left to shove their ideology down your throats. I appreciate that leftists are more likely to cast women and minorities but that does not mean this movie is going to be a Marxist propaganda piece. Maybe, just maybe it's going to be another Star Wars movie that plays on the same themes that hundreds of other movies have played on and just so happens to star a white girl and a black guy.

Messages In This Thread