rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Apparently Saying "All Lives Matter" Gets You Booed

Apparently Saying "All Lives Matter" Gets You Booed

Starts at 5:30

Quote:Quote:

PHOENIX (AP) — Democratic presidential candidates Bernie Sanders and Martin O'Malley arrived at the annual Netroots Nation convention hoping to impress some of the party's most influential liberal activists. Things didn't exactly go as planned.

Demonstrators protesting cases of police brutality and the treatment of black Americans by law enforcement disrupted a presidential forum Saturday as O'Malley, a former Maryland governor, was interviewed on stage. The group later heckled Sanders.

The raucous scene unfolded when a large group of protesters streamed into the convention hall chanting, "Black lives matter!" As O'Malley and interviewer Jose Antonio Vargas looked on, one of the group's leaders took over the stage and addressed the audience as the largely female group of demonstrators railed against police-involved shootings, the treatment of immigrants and Arizona's racial history.

Before departing, O'Malley told the convention: "Black lives matter. White lives matter. All lives matter," prompting some heckles and boos in the crowd.

He later apologized at an immigration event. "I meant no insensitivity by that and I apologize if that's what I communicated," he told reporters. "That was misstated. What I intended to say was that we're all in this together — that black lives do matter and we have a double-standard of justice in this country."

http://news.yahoo.com/omalley-faces-demo...ction.html

Since this is a delicate topic I really wish I had the ability to finally tune my words like some of the studs on RVF.

My goal isn't to make this about race, just an observation that you just can't say shit about anything anymore, people are so thin skinned and always seeking the next thing to feel disrespected about. And that manners have disappeared. Granted O'Malley was attending an event with the most rabid liberals (based on what I read). The last tolerant of any idea but the ideas they like. But this is a Democrat who is on their side. Don't they get pissing on their own will get them nowhere?

Now for the more complicated matter.

While I understand this may appear to be piggybacking off of "Black Lives Matter," but isn't "All Lives Matter" true?

I believe Blacks have had the short end of the stick, some of the the treatment seems to be disproportionate for the crimes committed, etc. And while I can't personally say I understand how this feeling of discrimination may burn within someone who is black, I can try and imagine how it can affect someone.

Having said that, I do think becoming upset if someone says, "All Lives Matter," confirms what I have learned here on RVF that SJWs just want it all. Equality isn't the goal. Just a fake front, while stabbing people in the back. Then they forced an apology out of him, for saying something that is true. WTF!

Given that Trump is burning it all down on the Republican side, I am now hoping that a call it like it is candidate will burn down the liberal side.

What bothers me is people have become so blind that even a basic fundamental truth of "All Lives Matter" gets booed.

It is like an arms race of victimhood. (I think Scorpion said something like that about women and makeup)

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Messages In This Thread