rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dillard's drops 'Dear Santa' sign asking for slim body

Dillard's drops 'Dear Santa' sign asking for slim body

[Image: 10802993_442037929283401_345575085_n.jpg]

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/busi.../18857955/

Quote:Quote:

Department store Dillard's has stopped selling a controversial holiday sign that appeared in the girls' section of one of its stores in Florida.

The sign read: "Dear Santa, This year please give me a big fat bank account and a slim body. Please don't mix those two up like you did last year. Thanks."

The sign was supposed to be part of the home merchandise area with other "whimsical" signs, said Dillard's spokeswoman Julie Johnson Bull.

"We immediately removed it from the little girls' display," she said, adding that the sign would also no longer be sold in any of the chain's 298 stores.

As first reported by WPTV-TV in West Palm Beach, Fla., a photo of the sign was initially posted to social media by a mother of three.

"I was appalled by a sign in the little girls department," wrote Julie Khanna on her Facebook post, which was shared 377 times. She added, "This is NOT the message we should be sending our girls!!"

Bull would not comment on whether the sign sent a negative message to adults as well. She said the company's decision to remove the sign from all stores was in direct response to the social media comments.
[Image: lol.gif]

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Messages In This Thread