rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Harassment in Science, AKA Men Should Help Women

Harassment in Science, AKA Men Should Help Women

Quote: (08-13-2014 08:20 AM)Ensam Wrote:  

The most career limiting problem I see female scientists face is that a lot of men and women just don't want to work with them. So the vocal SJWs have basically silenced the one conversation that would be most beneficial to their careers (how do we have integrated research groups without drama).

- As a dude my work has been attributed to women I worked with by the general media more than once. Once a I lead a team of 2 women on a fairly ambitious project. They were good in the lab but not great creative thinkers. I came up with the idea that helped us get further than other groups who'd tackled the same issue. When the local academic press wrote up the project my name was left completely out of it. The two girls were given all the credit because it made for a better story. That shit happens all the time. If you work with a woman she will draw the spotlight in any press because it fits the narrative of women kicking ass in science.
Great post. Two thoughts:
1. So we're back to "you can't have it all" - to succeed in a professional white-collar environment, women must act like men even when working with other women...but successful men have no interest in dating a woman with more testosterone than estrogen. The personal-professional life tradeoff.

2. Ensam, so how do you ensure you get credit in cases like these? I'm not in academia, but in my field, contributions are also often credited to the team.

Data Sheet Maps | On Musical Chicks | Rep Point Changes | Au Pairs on a Boat
Captainstabbin: "girls get more attractive with your dick in their mouth. It's science."
Spaniard88: "The "believe anything" crew contributes: "She's probably a good girl, maybe she lost her virginity to someone with AIDS and only had sex once before you met her...give her a chance.""

Messages In This Thread