rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Does your alfa persona irritate men?

Does your alfa persona irritate men?

Quote: (05-22-2013 05:59 AM)Mage Wrote:  

Quote: (05-22-2013 05:32 AM)Dulceácido Wrote:  

I could see you coming off as a dick if you surround yourself with Beta dudes.

I'm going to make a calculated bet and say you don't have any (or very few) fellow Alphas to chill with. Am I correct?

This is absolutly true. Good bet.

However, I wouldn't like you just blaming my friend. I need to find out what I could have done better.

I believe he got pissed because sometimes I kinda feel lonely when I have no one to talk freely about my red pill views. So I try to slip in some advice about women and dating from time to time which might look quite patronizing on the receptive end.

Over the years, I have learned one thing. It is a bit disrespectful to think that one's (yours in this case) opinion is better for someone (your friend in this case) than that person's (your friend's) own opinions, especially when they didn't ask for it. If that wasn't clear, let me try to explain it this way. Sometimes, you need them to acknowledge they want feedback to be able to hear it. For example, on this thread you have asked for feedback, people are giving it to you. But no one here (well maybe if they have a raging ego) is out of the blue gonna tell you something about your life that needs "fixing." It is your life. And if you came off as trying to fix him that implies he is broken, which is uncool. You are better off finding friends up to your standards.

A lot of people think being Alpha is just about being a dick and doing what you want, well no. You lose respect when you do that, and when you are not respected you are no longer Alpha. You are just being a punk. You gotta show respect to get respect. And you can do that without being beta. I get that is not how it is understood these days, but that is my view. Getting attention because you are an attention whore is not being respected. My old boss told me he would rather be respected than liked. I agree.

But a lot of people are thin skinned and a lot of people don't see the world for what it is. But it is pretty ballsy to tell them what is wrong with their lives, or what you perceive is wrong. Sometimes people need to want it to make the change in their lives.

Don't get me wrong - a true friend is gonna tell you when you are fucking up. They do it out of the love they have for you and are willing to risk friendship because they care that strongly about their bro. It didn't sound like you were doing that - you were not jumping on the hand grenade. Seemed like you got bored and needed something to play with.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Messages In This Thread