rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Let's talk cigars

Let's talk cigars

Quote: (01-20-2017 06:38 PM)sterling_archer Wrote:  

My hobby is working with wood and steel. And of course I wanted to make pipe. My first pipe was not good enough to be smoked because of the wooden stem. Stem was pierced with hot wire and that burned inside made taste awful. But it looks pretty good for a first pipe I made. It is a churchwarden type (I like LOTR).

So for the next one (I am currently drying and seasoning ash wood for it) I plan to order preworked bent long stems from ebay or amazon. They are made from materials such as vulcanite.

Unfortunately I don't have access nor money to buy and experiment with briar which is best wood for pipes.

Comte, what are your experiences with pipes, which do you got, I am really interested and I am pleasantly surprised someone on this forum talks about pipes.

P.S.
I agree on cigs thing, same as me, just a "social smoker".
One of my good friends is the expert on pipe and pipe materials. I only own one and it was on his recommendation. A very nice and solid briar pipe by the way.

And I've only had said pipe for a short while. I can only really tell you about the aesthetics of it due to my own lack of experience.

Pipe smoking both looks and feels nice. It definitely had more bite, but now after a few goes that I've gotten used to it and learned to mitigate it for a more positive experience. The first few goes were like with my first cigar. Kept inhaling on accident lol and having my throat burn. Definitely a worthwhile investment now that I know the difference just on that different feel alone. If anything it taught me a lot about patience.

Granted in my friend's words "Man you're like speedy Gonzales slow the fuck down and learn to enjoy it." which is more or less my goal here. I'm the kind of guy who can smoke a Churchill sized cigar in about 30 minutes.

Granted this comes from my love of smoking up a room, and it definitely affects the kind of chicks I attract. But that's a whole different topic to discuss.

"Until the day when God shall deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is summed up in these two words,— 'Wait and hope'."- Alexander Dumas, "The Count of Monte Cristo"

Fashion/Style Lounge

Social Circle Game

Team Skinny Girls with Pretty Faces
King of Sockpuppets

Sockpuppet List

Messages In This Thread