rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How to Jump-Start Your Social Life

How to Jump-Start Your Social Life

It's a sad state when people have to go to the internet to learn tips on how to make friends.

Not ragging on you cupcake. Just the structure of our society in general.

I'm sure in you're case it's just self-imposed because of the isolation and mood you're in. I get like that too. Break the cycle. I know it's easier said than done, but pick up a hobby and be proactive in meeting people that way. You're bound to find someone you click with if you share the same hobby. Then after it's done be like "hey lets grab a bite to eat". From there it should be easy.

It's easy and not creepy to make friends in school because you're all there for some shared goal. Because of this friendships happen naturally. Think of hobbies the same way. Where the main goal is to do something you love, not making friends. You'll have a good time, people will be drawn to you, voila instant friends. It's up to you to keep contact or suggest a place to go afterwards. Try that with multiple interests/groups. Then be like "hey me and my buddy so and so are going to the bar/beach/etc this weekend you're more than welcome to come"

Hope this helps, and I genuinely hope you get out of your rut, because I know how much it can suck.

Messages In This Thread