rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

TravelerKai’s Martial Arts Datasheet

Quote: (10-20-2018 06:34 PM)MdWanderer Wrote:  

Quote: (10-20-2018 06:20 PM)Saweeep Wrote:  

I don't know about the US but here in the UK there's an age limit for amateur boxing of 35.

Getting a pro licence here is also tricky as you get older (see recent failure of former elite soccer player Rio Ferdinand, although I'm not entirely sure what his issue was...probably being rubbish).

That just leaves "white collar" which is a shitshow in these parts.

Boxing exposes literally every single physical weakness when competing with a good opponent. I think 33 is probably too old to really achieve much to be honest. By the time you're half decent your body won't be up to it anyway.

Yeah, I see what you are saying. My biggest motivation is self defense but would like to compete also to sharpen my skills.

If you are too old for Muay Thai at 30, Boxing is the same at 35-40. By then you need to be out of the sport or training for personal fitness maintenance.

You can get sharp and improve by sparring. You do not need actual official pro ring matches to get better. Amateur matches either.

I don't think some of you know how dangerous fighting is, especially boxing. Plenty of you would lose your insurance policies if they find out you had a blood vessel rupture/swell that hospitalized you or killed you.

Young men with high testosterone could break your jaw at the low end of what could happen to you. You might as well be a woman fighting a grown man. Your bone density may not be dense enough to handle that. Get your T levels and bone density levels checked first if you still want to fight so badly. You don't have to piss test to spar at a gym either. If you want focus mitt training, find someone that will take your money for private lessons. You don't need time with Freddy Roach. Plenty of trainers or other former pros train people for money.

If you want self defense skills for the street, boxing does not supply that. Learn something else instead. Fight smarter not harder.

Dating Guide for Mainland China Datasheet
TravelerKai's Martial Arts Datasheet
1 John 4:20 - If anyone says, I love God, and hates (detests, abominates) his brother [in Christ], he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, Whom he has not seen.

Messages In This Thread