rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

How bad the average guys game is

How bad the average guys game is

Quote: (03-15-2012 10:27 PM)scorpio Wrote:  

Quote: (03-15-2012 12:57 PM)Nonpareil Wrote:  

How I handled a bully in my heyday: In fifth grade, this seventh grader was giving me shit and busting me down every day, so one day after being fed up, I said 'I've had it. You and me after school, let's go.'

We met up after school and squared off, and yeah, he won (he had a good five inches and 30 lbs. on me), but I did get a few nice shots in. After that, no one bothered me. This was how it generally went with kids my age; if another kid is bullying you, you'd fight them.

Really? I've been in fights from grade school through high school a few in college and more than a few well into adulthood. Maybe I grew up in a rougher place than you. Or maybe it was because I had a crew that I had to maintain/look out for. Anyone in a high social position as a kid had to defend himself and his turf on a regular basis. That's just the way it is.

Other aggressive males always found their way to me. Fighting attracts guys who like to fight. Then again, you did lose...

Either way, I'm not sure your approach is the right way to go for people who don't want to get their heads kicked in.

I'm not saying I never got into the odd dust up or even rumble after this point, just that I was never a target after this anymore (and of course I was about 6'2 entering high school). That in itself is the best way to deal with bullying; show them that you won't take any of their shit, and even if you lose, you'll earn some grudging respect (he was roughing me up in 5th grade, by the time I was in 10th I was buying buddah sacks from him).

And its certainly a far better, less time-consuming way than lobbying the daddy state to fight your battles for you. I refused to sign the kid's petition because I told him that he should learn to fight his own battles (even offered to show him how to throw punches), not learn to rely on the government to fight them for him (my Aunt was pissed about this, my Uncle agreed with me [after she had left the room of course]) and that all this anti-bullying rhetoric is bullshit (there will always be bullies, no matter how hard the government tries to legislate it out).

That in itself encapsulates the 'average guy's bad game' problem to me; someone else will do it for you. Can't meet girls? Your friends will set you up, you can do online dating (not hating on any OL guys here; most of you are doing it to augment your pipeline) or you can date a chick you work with; the street or club approach terrifies them.

Messages In This Thread