rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February

Quote: (03-14-2018 09:39 AM)hipster Wrote:  

Quote: (03-13-2018 06:54 PM)melikey Wrote:  

Current data sheets are extremely outdated here in the forums when it comes to Rio (Lots of clubs who died / closed).. Anyone who have any recommendations around Ipanema? I checked out Emporio which was completely dead on a friday which got recommended a few times on here.

Emporio was a very traditional and very popular Rock bar in the 90s and 2000s it was so crowded that people would simply take over the street and the beach as the bar extension, but since the original owner died it turned in a prostitution spot for gringos. And the prostitutes are ugly. Nothing interesting to do there really. Lord Jim is a nice pub in Ipanema but it is just a somewhat small pub usually with a live band.

The best night life going on imo was Jack Daniel's in Ipanema but it just closed last month. Many night clubs are closing but there are still so many i can't list them all. I ´previously mentioned two in the thread:

Bar Bukowski in Botafogo. Best on Fridays because the female ration is much better than Saturdays. But it is also good on Saturdays. Mix of bar and night club that plays only Rock from the 60s to 90s. The average women looks great, average age 30 but there are people from 20s to 60s years old. Great for pickups and ONS.

Lapa 40 Graus in Lapa. Only plays bad & cheesy Brazilian music, but has a good structure. It has a live show every night that turns in a dance floor later, also a very big snooker room. Average age is also 30. You can also have good luck there.

You don't wanna go home after clubs and bars are closed: Bar Jobi and Pizzaria Guanabara in Leblon, you can keep drinking(or eating) in the morning and maybe find a lost girl.

Those two clubs have a good structure and consistent crowd. It is hard to me to make a data sheet because there are too many bars, pubs and clubs and also i don't like to suggest places with poor structure or places that are not consistent.

If you are more specific about what you are looking for like kind of music, kind of women, kind of place, average age i think i could help better. There are all kind of places you can imagine. Specifying if gay people is an issue is also important because many places are mixed gay/hetero. For example Fosfobox in Copacabana is popular but it is mostly gay, stereotypical gay but hetero young hot women goes there too.

But i would like to talk about one place(there are many) unexplored by gringos. It may be a good idea exactly because there are no gringos. Look for the bars and clubs in the Tijuca neighborhood, the nightlife there is all centered around a popular bar called Buxixo that also has a night club on the second floor.

Thanks for the recommendations, but logistics are just too bad for me in Tijuca and Lapa, even Botafogo is a bit meh but I might give it a shot. So there is basically no clubs around Ipanema worth mentioning anymore? Something similair to Jack Daniels would be great, I went to barzin other night which was decent in Ipanema. But the bar area is a bit too open and small imo, which makes it a bit worse for approaching.

Messages In This Thread