Roosh V Forum
Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - Printable Version

+- Roosh V Forum (https://rooshvforum.network)
+-- Forum: Main (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Travel (https://rooshvforum.network/forum-3.html)
+--- Thread: Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February (/thread-67490.html)

Pages: 1 2

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - MrEndorphine - 03-06-2018

Hi guys, here comes a new report on Rio. Enjoy.

When and Where:
I have been to Rio and Buzios for roughly 3 weeks; spending 3 days in Buzios - a luxury seaside resort town three hours to the North along the coast of Brazil - and the remaining days in Rio. During the first week Carnival was still going strong. I changed accommodation quite a bit. The first couple of days I stayed in a shaby hostel in Centro, the next days in hotels in Copacobana (beach) and Santa Teresa (artist region). Then I had my stint to Buzios - before I returned to have another night in a Western style hostel in Ipanema. In short, I had a good opportunity to see most places of Rio.

First, to give you some background on myself: I am in my end-thirties, from a German-speaking country, rather short by Western European standards - 175cm (US guys - learn the metric system[Image: wink.gif], extrovert, light-skinned, an experienced traveller and PUA, good in spontaneously talking with strangers, but not an approach robot. Speaking English, and tourist Spanish. I was travelling by myself. I had a Brazilian girl to visit, but we ended up spending only a day together (involving some drama). So as always, take what I say with a grain of salt. If you are younger and significantly taller you will have an easier time, but this is valid for every place.

Results:
I made out with one girl and kissed a couple of girls during Carnival, had sex with one girl I knew before, and had a couple of Pay6 experiences. In terms of Pay6 Rio - and Brazil in general - has a lot to offer and if you are of the more adventerous and non-PU-hardcore kind it is an interesting additional ingredient to spice up your holiday trip.

"Social street bar game" is king. If you go to Rio, you need a super extrovert wing, who always pushes you and who has no qualms to chat up other groups of people non-stop. Of course you should do the same. Outdoor bars are the place to meet and as people come in groups (often mixed sets) you want to crack up these groups. You can do the same on the beach, or on street parties, probably the best option. At one place I became friend with a regular, at another one with the waiters. I was another good way to get to know people. By the way: Age difference is not that much a deal as in Western countries.

Tinder is possible, but without speaking Portuguese you are getting nowhere. My Rooshian friend from Chile told me about the additional problem of girls being very unreliable and flaky. I made the same experience with groups of girls I chatted up in bars and on the street to meet later. I have not been to clubs. I think they are not a big thing. The same goes for standard daygame (which is not very big either because the average girl on the street is often not that attractive - but I have not really tried). On a rainy day I went to some museums to look for upper-class girls, but it was really only couples.

Carnival is huge and amazing. Do not let anybody else tell you otherwise. The whole city is a big streetparty, and it is not too difficult to kiss a girl - sometimes with friends clapping and cheering at the same time. Because of health issues - I only really experiences two days of Carnival. The first day I made out with a girl from my hostel, but then she got too shy because of her friend. The other time I went to a big party near the beach where they played Beatles music. This time I was not that lucky.

Brazilean girls come in all shapes. They have an above average tit-size and ass-size. That is for sure. The typical Carioca from an affluent neighborhood looks actually quite European with a bit on Indian and Black admixture. You rarely see them walk by themselves.
Another good option: Instead of going for Brazileans you can also try to game Western girls in hostels. They are open, love to get to know people and sometimes quite slutty. I only stayed at an international hostel for 1 night. The girls were amazing, but unfortunately sleeping or busy doing something else.

General information:
Rio is just an amazing town. Beaches, mountains, amazing fruit juices and steaks, street parties, painted houses. And of course girls with oversized asses and tits. In terms of prices Rio is a bit cheaper than Western places, but not much cheaper. A standard dish is 5 Euros (in corner snack bars) to 15 Euros (expensive places in Santa Teresa or Buzios). Taxis are cheap. Hotels affordable (unless you want to stay in Ipanema or Copa during Carnival time). People do not speak English (ok, maybe 5-10% speak proper English), and very often not Spanish either (30-60% speaking Spanish, with tourist towns like Buzios having a lot of Spanish speakers). Speaking Portuguese helps a lot! If you want to work out, use some of the pullup bars that are everywhere along the beach or buy a 5Euro daypass to on of the Smartfit fitness clubs everywhere across the town.

Concerning safety: Get a hip belt or something to store your money. Always leave your passport and one ATM card in the hotel safe. Be careful with taking out your smartphone. Better buy a cheap one. BTW, I did not witness any crime, but Brazilians themselves are rather paranoid.

Locations and directions:
My recommendation. When in Rio, stay in Copacobana or Lapa. Copacobana has all the amenities that make life easy; lots of restaurants, beach bars, drug stores, pharmacies, fruit juice shops. Ipanema is more expensive and more residential. There are more expatriate bars for nightlife in Ipanema, but in my experience most of these places suck, at least during the week. Canastra bar on Thursday (please check) is an exception. Lapa on the other hand is THE nightlife district of Rio. There are a couple of streets full of bars and nightclubs. I visited Lapa - famous for some kind of aquaduct - in the course of an organized pub crawl, which is an excellent way to get to know some expat girls or potential wings. I have not been able to visit because of rain, but the street parties are suppossed to be amazing.

Santa Teresa is nice to spend a day to take pictures for your Tinder profile, but it is 15 minutes fron the subway (which is safe) and super expensive. A place for romantic French couples who like to enjoy the view. Lagoa and Gavea are two more residential areas, with Gavea having a street bar scene itself and Lagoa the botanical garden - one of the main attractions of Rio. Finally you have Botafogo right in the middle between the Centre and the beach district (Copacobana and Ipanema in the south - Zona Sul). If you are not sure if you are more interested in the beaches or the museums and parties in the centre Botafogo is a nice compromise. It has some streets of bars/restaurants and a shopping mall as well.
Finally do not forget to go to the Sugar Loaf or the Corcovado if you like to get some nice pictures.

As concerns Buzios, this beach resort calls itself the "St.Tropez of Brazil". While hotel costs are modest, restaurants are quite expensive. If you are into visiting beaches, this is paradise. I found it however rather boring. Lots of overweight Latinoamericans from Argentia and Chile.

Guys & other people - The competition
Going to Rio by myself I was looking forward to meet some Gringo-guys to rock the party together. Boy, was I surprised. Actually apart from specific tourist locations like the sugar loaf and obvious places such as backpacker hostels I did not come across a lot of Westerners. Very few indeed. And those I met where often going to meet and stay some local friends they knew before. Most tourists are from Argentina or Chile. Most of them speaking Spanish only. I met a fellow Rooshian, which was a pleasure. However still affected by his yellow-fever vaccination he was a bit low energy, so we did not spend too much time doing approaches.

As concerns guys, it depends. During Carnival and on the beaches you can see a lot of very ripped guys. Many with tattoos, looking like a soccer player or an MS13 gang member. Despite looking dangerous, they are rather polite when being approached as part of a mixed group. BTW, In terms of ethnicity, Rio was much more white than I thought. There are some Brazilean tourists from Southern Brazil who may look like a farmer from Kansas. The same goes for girls. So competition is not bad. And no Gringo bonus, unless maybe you are a tall Scandinavian with light blond hair.

Tipps to Prepare
- Learn as much Portuguese as possible
- Download Google Maps for the Rio Region
- Download Google Translate Portuguese (contrary to what other people say here, only max. 10% of people speak proper English, and maybe 30% Spanish)
- Work out and get a good body (because you will only wear a T-shirt or Muscle shirt)
- Have a very social and extrovert wing (best would be somebody EddyMurphy Style)
- Have I forgotten to say you should learn Portuguese?

So to answer the question: During Carnival, not overrated at all. Outside of Carnival season, no easy sex, if you are not going for the Pay6 option. But you will have a great time and as somebody speaking Portuguese, in good shape and with some extrovert wings, you will rock the place

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - MrEndorphine - 03-06-2018

Tell me about your experiences during Carnival !!!

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - Svoboda - 03-06-2018

What is Pay6?

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - MrEndorphine - 03-07-2018

P4P

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - Celestial - 03-07-2018

To clarify, in 3 weeks you weren't able to pull from Tinder/nightclub?

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - MrEndorphine - 03-07-2018

Right. Just the one bang with a girl I had gotten to know before.
However, I am not claiming somebody with a better physique or game can not score better.

Nightclub, I did not do ...

Tinder, ... I did at the beginning, building up some leads, all got interupted by the illness. You easily get matches.
I also had dozens of matches on BrazilCupid, but you should speak Portuguese and/or be very organized to get something out of it.
Of course you can work with google translate. I was too lazy for that.

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - McLovin - 03-07-2018

Nice report! I'm going to Rio for a month in April, what percentage of cariocas would you say speak some english? My Portuguese is very basic.

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - Windom Earle - 03-07-2018

Read the rules on P4P OP.

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - MrEndorphine - 03-08-2018

Quote: (03-07-2018 10:19 PM)Windom Earle Wrote:  

Link? Reasoning?

What are these rules exactly? Just mentioning these things without providing any information or details should be tolerable even for the most uptight American law-abiding Pseudo-alpha guy

EDIT: Ok, I have just checked the rules. Personally, I find it ridiculous to feel "above" P4P or/and to take the strange US (and Swedish) moral code and to impose it to all the other readers from more relaxed countries as well. But US cultural imperialism is real. Not only when it comes to body size measurements. Apparently even for a guy who considers himself free-minded such as Roosh.

Anyway, so, if necessary go ahead and censor my cursory mentioning of P4P if you like.

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - MrEndorphine - 03-08-2018

Quote: (03-07-2018 07:35 PM)McLovin Wrote:  

Nice report! I'm going to Rio for a month in April, what percentage of cariocas would you say speak some english? My Portuguese is very basic.

Maybe 20% speak basic level. As concerns fluency no more than 5-10%.
Of course if you are in the business district percentages are higher, if you are in a favela probably lower.

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - Jetset - 03-08-2018

Quote: (03-08-2018 08:58 AM)MrEndorphine Wrote:  

Link? Reasoning?

What are these rules exactly? Just mentioning these things without providing any information or details should be bearable even for the most uptight American law-abiding Pseudo-alpha guy

Don't be a rude guest in someone else's establishment. All forums have some local rules, and every page of this forum has a green bar aright at the top that says:

Quote:Quote:

Read The Forum Rules: We have a clear set of rules to keep the forum running smoothly. Click here to review them.

The link is there.

As said, I do not feel as having done anything wrong. Just mentioning it without providing further information should really be no problem. And not be against the rules. Surprised that you are so super super strict here.

Anyway, I got the preemptive warning and will not go deeper into this topic nor did I ever intent to. Point taken.

(I will have a look at the search function. Maybe there is a thread that explains what the exact problem with this topic is.)

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - birthday cat - 03-09-2018

Mr "Pseudo-alpha" Endorphine,

You assume that the reasoning for this forum's rules about p4p discussion are "strange US moral codes" but that might not be the reasoning at all.

Who are you to make condescending comments about Roosh, this forum, or US culture especially when you make assumptions that are probably incorrect?

I should ignore arrogant guys like you but I couldn't resist commenting about your obvious psychological projection with the term Pseudo-alpha.

The definition of "Pseudo-alpha" - a minority but significant percentage of German guys who have an inferiority complex in regards to other men (especially men from the US) and arrogantly claim to be highly experienced players even though they always have some p4p scheme that accounts for 80% or 90% of the girls they bang.

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - hipster - 03-09-2018

@MrEndorphine You feel kind of lost in Rio. You probably lacked information from a local or did not research enough by yourself. There are some wrong impressions and bad advice in your post i don't have the time to comment everything now but for example there are very little or no reasons to stay in Copacabana or Lapa, both are crap. The whole Lapa neighborhood is like the night life area of Camden in London but worse, ugly, dirty, not safe and designed for clueless tourists and poor people. Well half of Lapa is gay that's different from Camden. You will surely find fun and lots of women in Lapa at night but probably no one will want to stay there. Copacabana has very little to do if you are not gay and the only good thing about Copacabana is the beach. Leblon is the best place to stay but also one of the most expensive in the world, Botafogo for example is much cheaper, has a lot to do day and night and is close to anywhere else. Ipanema and Gavea you mentioned are better options too. Someone of your age i would say the best places to go at night when it comes to clubs would be Lapa 40 Graus and Bar Bukowski, but there are others. Places of a younger crowd are not an issue if you are in shape. Bars are an option but not king, why you thought that?

By the way Brazil is located in the West, you only came across Westerners.

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - Bain - 03-09-2018

I am going to Rio soon for the first time. Please post more up to date information anyone who has been there.

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - Bain - 03-09-2018

I think it is also important to note that there is a big difference between portuguese and brazillain portuguese when learning the language.

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - Lino - 03-10-2018

Link? Reasoning?

What are these rules exactly? Just mentioning these things without providing any information or details should be tolerable even for the most uptight American law-abiding Pseudo-alpha guy

EDIT: Ok, I have just checked the rules. Personally, I find it ridiculous to feel "above" P4P or/and to take the strange US (and Swedish) moral code and to impose it to all the other readers from more relaxed countries as well. But US cultural imperialism is real. Not only when it comes to body size measurements. Apparently even for a guy who considers himself free-minded such as Roosh.

Anyway, so, if necessary go ahead and censor my cursory mentioning of P4P if you like.

Easy my friend, the guy only asked you to read the rules about P4P and you react very aggressively, insulting americans.

I personally don’t mind if a poster mentions that he did P4P, I prefer this honesty rather than someone who pretends he killed it when he actually did P4P.

Now regarding the reasons why we don’t like P4P, this has nothing to do with «moral», religion or that kind of shit. It is just that we like seducing women, being masculine and improve ourselves to get the skills and abilities to get the women we want and making them want us.

Paying for a pussy is admitting that the girl has the power because she has a pussy, I really dont judge men who do it as a friend of mine is into it despite being able to pull pussy regularly but that’s not the purpose of this forum.

I believe the forum forbids it also because it is too easy, you just need a bit of cash to fuck a whore, it doesn’t push you to improve yourself, seducing quality women require skills and the whole point of this forum is sharing information and improving these skills.

Btw let‘s not derive the topic because of these P4P comments, nice datasheet, I went to Rio 3 years ago and loved it. Were there beautiful girls in Buzios?

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - MrEndorphine - 03-10-2018

Quote: (03-09-2018 12:22 PM)birthday cat Wrote:  

Mr "Pseudo-alpha" Endorphine,

You assume that the reasoning for this forum's rules about p4p discussion are "strange US moral codes" but that might not be the reasoning at all.

Who are you to make condescending comments about Roosh, this forum, or US culture especially when you make assumptions that are probably incorrect?

I should ignore arrogant guys like you but I couldn't resist commenting about your obvious psychological projection with the term Pseudo-alpha.

The definition of "Pseudo-alpha" - a minority but significant percentage of German guys who have an inferiority complex in regards to other men (especially men from the US) and arrogantly claim to be highly experienced players even though they always have some p4p scheme that accounts for 80% or 90% of the girls they bang.

Maybe they are incorrect. I always accept other explanations. Please go ahead ...

My attitute towards American culture, ... it is a REACTION to the US behavior, ... Examples? 90% of people using the metric system but always talking about feet and not thinking about the inconvenience this causes to all other people who need to translate; attitute towards P4P, which is different in most parts of the world..., or even worse the feminism that is so rampant in the US ... . It is about US guys ignorantly (or arrogantly?) setting Global rules and forgetting that they are actually in the minority on a Global scale. I just see this all the time, and it gets on my nerve.

I know a lot of great US people, so no offence to anybody who is completely different. I admit I was overdoing in my venting.

----

Ok, going to the next point. Pseudo-Alpha is something I have come across a lot in German forums. Correct. But also in a lot of other places. What do I mean by this term? Well in this context and with respect to game: People who have a completely wrong picture about their own "alpha" abilities, the importance of PUA in general, and people who show a self-rightous and intolerant behavior towards perceived losers or people with different opinions.

Background? Well, I have actually taken part in a one week PUA bootcamp with participants of all skill levels, ages and sizes at a beach place. Every morning results were discussed in an open round, so it was pretty easy to see how much fucking was going on. Actual results: Of 40 people there was actually one guy who had a bang!!!! (ok, maybe 1 or 2 I do not know about, but still !!!) And it was not a shiny and super-"alpha" dude, but a rather inconspicuous guy doing street game. What do I want to say by this? The actual "result rates" are much much lower than people (especially PUA gurus trying to sell their products) pretend. And this has two implications at least for me:

1. No need to be ashamed to not have scored big time. And no reason to let other people shame you !!! Just always give your best, try to understand and improve and have a good time.

2. If a person spends a lot on an adventure holiday on the other side of the world, and wants to see some guaranteed action, no shame to use ALL possibilities (legal and not hurting others). Guys, things are not mutually exclusive. You can do daygame, as well as nightgame, you can bang chicks you have pipelined online, women who solicit to you in a bar, girls in swinger clubs or girls you chat up on the streets. You can do all things at the SAME time.

I prefer a holistic view on the topic (getting all the potentially interesting information in one forum). But sure I accept rules. I think most people understand that I was mostly just wondering about the severity of the rules.

As a sidenote. It is a frequent observation on forums that veterans really feel very strong given the connections and status they have. So a person voicing a different opinion is hunted down by the pack. Something I would also classify as pseudo-alpha behavior.

Actually on this forum it is much much better than on other ones. But some people reading this may like to indulge in this kind of behavior. So before something like this starts here, please ask yourself if you think it is alpha to be such a kind of guy, and if you want to be such a kind of guy in the first place.

Quote:Quote:

Ok, now answering directly and personally to one point.
So, you want to imply "me". And you think it is a very clever insult. ... I really could not care less.

In case, it is more than just an insult. I have answered to most of the points already above. On the allegation that I am pretending to be something I am not.
a) Experienced does not mean successful. Not in comparison to ridiculous PUA Guru standards, not in comparison to people with higher LMS, not in general.
b) When I meet other people most of the time 1) I am much actually indeed much more active 2) get more action going on . Maybe other people have more bangs, but so what.

I have travelled a lot of places, done a lot of things, and had a lot of experiences. Believe this or not.

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - MrEndorphine - 03-10-2018

Quote: (03-10-2018 05:34 AM)Lino Wrote:  

Link? Reasoning?

Easy my friend, the guy only asked you to read the rules about P4P and you react very aggressively, insulting americans.

I personally don’t mind if a poster mentions that he did P4P, I prefer this honesty rather than someone who pretends he killed it when he actually did P4P.

Now regarding the reasons why we don’t like P4P, this has nothing to do with «moral», religion or that kind of shit. It is just that we like seducing women, being masculine and improve ourselves to get the skills and abilities to get the women we want and making them want us.

Paying for a pussy is admitting that the girl has the power because she has a pussy, I really dont judge men who do it as a friend of mine is into it despite being able to pull pussy regularly but that’s not the purpose of this forum.

I believe the forum forbids it also because it is too easy, you just need a bit of cash to fuck a whore, it doesn’t push you to improve yourself, seducing quality women require skills and the whole point of this forum is sharing information and improving these skills.

Btw let‘s not derive the topic because of these P4P comments, nice datasheet, I went to Rio 3 years ago and loved it. Were there beautiful girls in Buzios?

Thanks for the appreciation and the intelligent comments.

On the P4P, as said on the other post, I really do not think, that things need to be mutually exclusive. I think in real life realistically not too many people are really (have I said realistic already? LOL) able to reliably(!) and quickly(!) pull girls of the caliber(!) of most P4Ps. So for 99.99% (only excluding the real pimps) it is - as you say - actually easier. Now you are right, the challenge now, is to take advantage of this without getting distracted from working on yourself at the same time.

On the ideological idea, not to admit, that the woman is above you: I am very red-pill or even black-pill on this. In the sexual market place we have, this is just the reality, at least when it comes to casual sex.

Concerning Buzios: There were beautiful girls, but mostly due to body proportions. People there are a bit older, so there are few young and lean chicks. It is an expensive place, so nothing for an early 20s student. Most people were from Argentina or Chile, oftentimes couples in there 30s, many good-looking dudes, with women being already a bit fatter.

Again, thanks for the appreciation. It is not very motivating to spend a lot of time on a report and then to get as the first reaction a kind of reprimand, without any nice words or explanations.

Quote: (03-09-2018 03:40 PM)hipster Wrote:  

@MrEndorphine You feel kind of lost in Rio. You probably lacked information from a local or did not research enough by yourself. There are some wrong impressions and bad advice in your post i don't have the time to comment everything now but for example there are very little or no reasons to stay in Copacabana or Lapa, both are crap. The whole Lapa neighborhood is like the night life area of Camden in London but worse, ugly, dirty, not safe and designed for clueless tourists and poor people. Well half of Lapa is gay that's different from Camden. You will surely find fun and lots of women in Lapa at night but probably no one will want to stay there. Copacabana has very little to do if you are not gay and the only good thing about Copacabana is the beach. Leblon is the best place to stay but also one of the most expensive in the world, Botafogo for example is much cheaper, has a lot to do day and night and is close to anywhere else. Ipanema and Gavea you mentioned are better options too. Someone of your age i would say the best places to go at night when it comes to clubs would be Lapa 40 Graus and Bar Bukowski, but there are others. Places of a younger crowd are not an issue if you are in shape. Bars are an option but not king, why you thought that?

By the way Brazil is located in the West, you only came across Westerners.

Thanks for commenting [Image: smile.gif])
Yes, to have an insider is really important. I read reports here, talked to locals and of course got my own impressions. I have not come across too many gay people. Only during carneval. And my perception as well, even being somewhat older, chances are not so bad in Brazil. I had the feeling that women are more tolerant towards the man being significantly older.

The other points.

Westerner
-----------
I used "Westerner" in the meaning of people from "the West" in a political sense, e.g. historically NATO (USA, Canada, Western Europe). As opposed to East (Soviet Union). Not geographically.

Bar
-----------
Maybe I should say it differently. For me it is the most obvious one. "Real" clubs have not been mentioned here a lot, and I have not come across them myself (other than hearing that there are some in Barra, which is a bit further away). Street game ... well, the other Rooshian was a street gamer, but to him no obvious easy targets either. But, what jumped out to me was the big gatherings of people mingling around the bars of Gavea and Canastra or in Lapa

Locations
--------------
As concerns Botafogo. It is an ideal location. Agree.
On Lapa, hmmm ... maybe it is not the best, but it was the most lively place I have come across.
Copacobana: I recommend it for the beach. Personally I liked it better than Ipanema. More lively during the day. Ipanema has more bars, but I tried Shenanigans twice and it sucked two times. Maybe there are better bars. But to me no obvious one that has all the pretty and easy girls [Image: wink.gif]
(like Garotta de Ipanema is just a boring restaurant)

A pity that I did not know about your tips before !!!

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - birthday cat - 03-11-2018

MrEndorphine - You are trying to reframe the argument as a difference of opinions about p4p and how US culture affects the rest of the world but it isn't going to work.

The reasons you are getting called out are:

(1) Insulting and antagonizing Roosh and this forum in your comments here and here. You know that Roosh and most of the members of this forum are from the US and you implicated that we are close-minded and pseudo-alpha.

(2) Your stubborn refusal to follow the forum rules. The two sentences about p4p in your original post were against the forum rules but they weren't a significant problem. Nobody would have cared if you would have respectfully accepted the comments from Windom Earle and Jetset but you turned a tiny problem into a huge problem by continuing to push back in a rude manner.
Quote: (05-16-2012 07:53 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

Rules Of The Forum
Don't be a drama queen.
Defer to senior members, who help make the forum what it is.
Do not post about the following: jailbait girls, illegal crimes, p4p, gore, scat, NSFW images, or images of girls you know.

(3) Your entitled attitude. Roosh doesn't owe you or anyone an explanation for his rules on his forum. None of us owe you an explanation for the rules. None of us care that a 0 rep guy disagrees with the rules but you probably would have received an explanation if you would have asked nicely.

I don't know Roosh's exact reasoning for not allowing p4p discussion but I'll share my opinions. It is very difficult to maintain a high quality community with high quality content in an anonymous forum but Roosh has done that for about 10 years so I'm in agreement with his rules by default. If p4p discussion was allowed the quality of the people and comments here would likely deteriorate. I think p4p should be legal everywhere. I don't judge guys who do p4p even though I don't do it myself. I still agree that it shouldn't be discussed on this forum. Of course none of this matters because it's Roosh's forum and he is clearly capable of establishing the appropriate rules.

-------------------------------------

Perhaps you are not intentionally making straw man arguments and you are just making a lot of false assumptions about our opinions or my opinions on various things. If so then you should still "take it easy for your first 200 posts until you get a feel for the flow of the community."

Your arguments here about US behavior and US guys setting global rules are mostly irrelevant especially in the Travel section of this forum. You don't know your audience here. All cultures have their pros and cons and nobody is more aware of the negative aspects of US culture than guys from the US who post in the Travel section of this forum. However, you are complaining about things that are either out of our control and unimportant in the context of this forum (metric system vs british imperial system) and things that you don't understand (being against discussion of p4p on this forum is not the same thing as being against p4p).

Ironically, one of the reasons that the US has so much influence in the world goes back to WWII when the US had to fight Germany and rescue France. I try to be friendly and open minded with everyone I meet when traveling but after years of experience I've learned to be skeptical when meeting men from Germany and France. I've had some good friends from Germany but there is a clear pattern of many German and French men wanting to constantly criticize the US, relentlessly try to talk about US politics even though nobody else in the conversation wants to talk about politics, and make condescending comments about guys from the US. Some of these guys even like to pick fights with US guys who are clearly bigger and stronger than them although I'll admit that this is usually drunk French guys. I'm not blaming any young German or French men for what happened in WWII but it is damn annoying that you guys always initiate these conversations and there is some extreme irony since the US's influence in the world is related to the actions of Germany and inaction of France in WWII.

In regards to "pseudo-alpha" I'm not trying to be clever as much as I'm just calling it like I see it. As I said before, I've had good friends from Germany and some were very good with girls but Germany has it's fair share of socially awkward guys just like the US does and my experience is that many of those guys have a chip on their shoulder. They complain about the US, they are abrasive and insult other guys, they constantly tell you how great they are and how much money they make and how they have so much game experience..... and then they talk about some odd p4p scheme where they spam girls on Facebook and offer them $100 to meet for coffee so they can give the girl a sales pitch about sponsoring her to be their girlfriend. I don't care if guys do p4p and I don't care if guys want to sponsor girls but don't insult me, tell me how great at game you are, and then tell me about some extremely uncalibrated spamming of girls on Facebook. Anyone who understands women is understands why shit like that is very ineffective.

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - worldwidetraveler - 03-11-2018

Now I've seen it all. German p4p dude having a meltdown over the US not wanting to use the metric system. Are all German meltdowns so boring? Throw in a zebra story or suicide extortion to make it interesting.

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - MrEndorphine - 03-11-2018

Quote: (03-11-2018 10:52 AM)worldwidetraveler Wrote:  

Now I've seen it all. German p4p dude having a meltdown over the US not wanting to use the metric system. Are all German meltdowns so boring? Throw in a zebra story or suicide extortion to make it interesting.

I don't know. Maybe they are [Image: biggrin.gif] [Image: biggrin.gif]

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - MrEndorphine - 03-11-2018

I think things are fine.

Reframing is the wrong word. I have explained my surprise, I have been more nuanced on a couple of things, and I have actually taken some things back, admitting, that I have been "venting" on them. Instead of taking this as an insult or a sign of disrespect, maybe this has been interesting for some people.

Isnt that better than just saying "mea culpa ... I am 0rep member and I am wrong and you are right"??
So, I think there is no reason to have hard feelings about my older posts. I do not have hard feelings about the German pseudo-alpha thing either.

It boils down to three things:
- P4P, actually I have taken my overreaction already mostly back in the last post. Now I see, I was a bit too quick to explain it by stereotypical US mentality, or arrogance of people who consider themselves "super players". Sorry, for assuming the worst. And THANKS, for stating your reasoning. ... The reprimand without explanation got me by total surprise, thus the overreaction. (I thought it would just be forbidden to write long stories about it, and that mentioning it would be completely fine). So for me everything fine now [Image: smile.gif]
- US dominance. Yeah, it is a side topic, I am just a bit disappinted, that things are not as truly Global as it would be fitting for a forum of world travellers. Well, probably, some local bias always persists. If some more people make a bit of an effort and start to use both Metric system and Imperial system, for example, I will be happy [Image: wink.gif] - and yeah feeling culturally superior is a weakness of many Western Europeans, not only but including Germans, I am completely fine to admit this bias
- "Deffering to Senior Members" ... I have explained my opinion in detail ... apart from the opening comments that were provocative ... but could have reacted to in a calmer manner as well ... I have made a nuaced argument.

For me everything fine. I was wrong in my bad assumptions. And if somebody assumes I do not respect the rules or want to make the life of the admins difficult, that is not the case either.

Next time I get surprised by a readers reaction I will ask back. No matter if super-admin or newbie.
have a great start into the week everybody ...

Rio De Janeiro - Overrated ??? - My three weeks in February - Count Pierre - 03-12-2018

You can't anyway talk seriously about Brasil wthout mentioning P4P, it's a cultural thing there. Literally every brasilian man, and even true gamers who have a stable of top-tier GFs, has been/goes/will go (or see nothing wrong with going) to a "boite" or a "terma" as they call it ......... well, maybe at the exception of a few born-again bigots or moral zealots, but I'm pretty sure that even in that population, most of the men partake (or secretly wish to) from time to time the P4P scene. Moral codes are very different in Brasil and in North America. It is not even shameful for a girl to confess that she is "accompanhante" (escort). As a side note, and I hope I'll not be banned for mentioning that,, those venue are usually very fun, with live (brasilian of course) music, busy dance floor, good food, great ambiance, ect....... nothing to see with the american or european soulless and grim whorehouses/strip bars.