rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Ultimate Martial Arts/Combat Sports/Boxing Thread

The Ultimate Martial Arts/Combat Sports/Boxing Thread

Just wondering if anyone has actively worked on toughening your hand and knuckles.

I wonder if there is any value to doing this (I think there is) and any long term issues with doing it.

Lately, when I am not at the boxing gym, but the normal one, I will go and bang the bag while I trying to warm up (along with stretching, etc) to lift weights.

I am enjoying the thuds along with knuckles turning a bit red - somehow it feels very barbaric but I enjoy it. Luckily, from boxing, the skin on my knuckles don't rip or bleed. I did experience that 18 months ago when I started boxing (one day I was fucking around and paid the price).

I know I need to be careful since my hands are not wrapped.

Anyone done anything to toughen your hands?

Thanks.

Fate whispers to the warrior, "You cannot withstand the storm." And the warrior whispers back, "I am the storm."

Women and children can be careless, but not men - Don Corleone

Great RVF Comments | Where Evil Resides | How to upload, etc. | New Members Read This 1 | New Members Read This 2

Messages In This Thread