rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Chivalry vs Being an Asshole

Hey RooshVforum,

Situation:

It is your first date with a chica. You are pulling up to her place and want to acknowledge that you have arrived.

I usually phone them to tell them I'm outside. No chivalry-assholery related, just how I roll.

Just call her

I voted for text, but I take it back. From experience, I've always called.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Depends on the girl.

5 years ago I would call. Nowadays text.

Wait around the corner until you're so late that she texts you. Then ring her bell soon after that.

Quote: (01-11-2012 11:47 PM)soup Wrote:  

Wait around the corner until you're so late that she texts you. Then ring her bell soon after that.

Trying too hard.

As for the poll, chivalry is dead. I've done the old walk to the door deal (was raised to do this)-it doesn't usually end well in a society like the one we live in. Just call her and be done.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

By pulling up, I assume you're driving. I would say call her. She may be away from the phone, and not see or hear the text come in depending on how she's got her phone set, and you don't want to be sitting out there forever. So I say call.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Since I'm habitually late for dates, I would have texted that I was "running 15 minutes late" but would actually show up a half-hour after the appointed time. When I got there, she'd either be waiting outside or I'd text saying, "where are you?! I've been out here for a half hour." She'd text back, "I don't believe you" and pop out. When I saw her, I'd say something like, "sorry I'm a little late, I had a piece of floss stuck in my teeth that I couldn't get out."

Don't know if that answers the OP's question, though.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Every time I have arranged a date through txt, the pickup is almost always done with a phone call - usually the only phone call with those ones.

I need to fix my toy car so I can play like Rick Ross and "never phone ahead, all she do is hear the pipes" (1:55)

I've never really thought about this. I just call: "Yo I'm outside." "Okay, I'll be right out!" "Cool." [click]

I don't think it's really an opportunity for game except that you can fuck up by doing the beta walk-to-the-door thing.

Quote: (01-12-2012 01:56 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Since I'm habitually late for dates, I would have texted that I was "running 15 minutes late" but would actually show up a half-hour after the appointed time. When I got there, she'd either be waiting outside or I'd text saying, "where are you?! I've been out here for a half hour." She'd text back, "I don't believe you" and pop out. When I saw her, I'd say something like, "sorry I'm a little late, I had a piece of floss stuck in my teeth that I couldn't get out."

This is a great way to be late- tell her you are running late, and then run even more late.

It's funny, but the more I get into game, the more I've been starting to do all this alpha shit without realizing it. I'm running late to dates quite often. My phone is filled up with so many numbers, and I'm going on dates often enough, that I don't have to count days between texts and all that shit. Going on a date is just not as big a deal to me as it was pre-game. Having a lot of girls in the que makes this stuff come naturally.

I think "asshole" game, or better yet, "Non-Chalant" game is the way to go. Act as if you're meeting your little sister for a drink. The hotter she is, the more you play this up. It's like an overall neg. Take her to a local bar instead of a fancy lounge. Be late to the date. If you are on a date and you bump into friends, take your time and have a long conversation with them as if she's not even there.

The purpose of doing this kind of thing is to build attraction, but I'm actually starting to feel that a women really needs to prove her worthiness to me if we're going to hang for more than a couple of bangs. Yeah, she can be hot, but so fucking what? There are plenty of hot girls out there. They're all going to get old and wrinkly anyway. My thinking is "aside from sex, what can she offer me?" Does she have some kind of social connection that I can exploit? Will she help me get access to other women? At the very least, she better not be annoying. Life is short, so you have to carefully choose who you spend your time with.

Quote: (01-12-2012 11:35 AM)soup Wrote:  

Quote: (01-12-2012 01:56 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

This is a great way to be late- tell her you are running late, and then run even more late.

It's funny, but the more I get into game, the more I've been starting to do all this alpha shit without realizing it. I'm running late to dates quite often. My phone is filled up with so many numbers, and I'm going on dates often enough, that I don't have to count days between texts and all that shit. Going on a date is just not as big a deal to me as it was pre-game. Having a lot of girls in the que makes this stuff come naturally.

I think "asshole" game, or better yet, "Non-Chalant" game is the way to go. Act as if you're meeting your little sister for a drink. The hotter she is, the more you play this up. It's like an overall neg. Take her to a local bar instead of a fancy lounge. Be late to the date. If you are on a date and you bump into friends, take your time and have a long conversation with them as if she's not even there.

I keep reading that the purpose of doing this kind of thing is to build attraction, but I'm actually starting to believe that women really need to prove their worthiness to me. Yeah, she can be hot, but so fucking what? There are plenty of hot girls out there. They're all going to get old and wrinkly anyway. My thinking is "aside from sex, what can she offer me?" Does she have some kind of social connection that I can exploit? Will she help me get access to other women? At the very least, she better not be annoying. Life is short, so you have to carefully choose who you spend your time with.

good post. the most important part of the game may just be approaching so you have a pipeline (or if you have some other niche that gets you girls without having to approach thats even better but most dont). everything else comes naturally since as you said youll be naturally picky and not have that much time for each individual girl.

roosh said game boils down to being interesting and being cool. once you have that down, just talk to chicks and close them. everything else is just details

I always arrive late . She check for me in their windows entrance . If she in not there . I call let the phone ring 2 times and close the phone .

why not walk to the door?

Quote: (01-13-2012 01:28 AM)TennisPlayer Wrote:  

why not walk to the door?

Too close and too early. The only guys who can possibly get away with this are dudes who have already long built an intimate relationship and/or are going steady in a sense (which is often several months down the line).

That is the chivalrous gentlemanly thing to do to a lady, but we no longer live in an age of chivalry and we're often no longer dealing with ladies (in the true sense of the word). In an age where traditional courting has largely gone by the wayside and is quite often ridiculed (especially by the girls on the receiving end of it), it simply makes no sense.

My rule is simple-for every action you consider taking with a girl that is NOT already your long term girlfriend, ask yourself this question: is this something a boyfriend would do?

If the answer is yes, then do not do that thing.

Know your enemy and know yourself, find naught in fear for 100 battles. Know yourself but not your enemy, find level of loss and victory. Know thy enemy but not yourself, wallow in defeat every time.

I wouldn't overthink something like this. In the end, the alpha thing is to do what you want to do. If you want to text her, text her. if you want to be chivelrous, then do that.

What will come off as bad, and work against you, is when you overthink the situation and do what you think that she will react best to. If that's what you are doing, then ther's a 95% chance that you will communciate that you are overthinking and reacting to her, either then or in the near future. If that happens, then you've communcated to her that she has more value than you do and, then, your plan has backfired. Women are so inately skilled at detecting these alpha inconsistencies that, if you feel indecisive about something becasue you aren't sure how she will react, then she will detect that feeling in you and will have given your value away. This is the trap most "nice guys" fall into. They then can't udnerstand why they aren't getting laid and the guy who wasn't apparently gaming the girl at all (not giving her a lot of attention, not joking around with her in an attempt to get a positive reaction, not premeditiating his interactions with her, etc.) is.

That's an in-depth way of describing why you should do what you want to do when there is an apparent decision to be made, but that's also the heart of why I think that approach is the most correct. I've also proven it time and time again.

These days, my natural inclination as to be chivalrous when I remember to be so. That's becasue my default is generally "asshole", at least from her perspective, and therefore I need to soften up the routine as much as possible - before I get too compacent to do so. If I try to be an asshole, its usually too much. So, I have to try to be nice when I remember. That's just me.

I ruined a hostesses night the other night without even meaning to do so(she went to the back and didn't come out for a while - her sad reaction to my accidental assholishness was fucking awkward - her face just dropped - my buddy thought it absolutely hilarious). I was just being me, and actually ruined her night with a look, but I did feel a little bad after. Got-to-remember-to be-nice (my current mantra).

Think of the biggest alphas that you know in your life and consider whether it would matter if they were chivalrous or "detached asshole" in the situation that was brought up. Most likely, it doesn't matter. If the rest of your game is tight, it generally doesn't. However, the primary rule is "do what you feel"

The only exception that I can think of is when you feel that the girl has a preconceived idea of you as either a "nice guy" or an "asshole". Then, I definately recommend acting in the exact oppsite way, at least once or twice, to keep her on her toes so that she can't react to counter your game. Girls can react to counter both "asshole" and, obviously, "nice guy" game if they anticipate either.

In all honesty it doesn't matter what you do, but how you do it.

Just imagine how your favorite man's man would act and do that.

Can Jason Statham walk up to the door, knock and just wait there like a bad ass (Watch Crank)? Yes he can. Presence and perception is everything.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee