rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Sex Tourism giving us travelers a bad name......

Hey All!

I was having lunch the other day with some friends, men and women. Keep in mind, the women i was with, were prissy spoiled princesses.
We were talking about One of our friends who was not with during lunch. that he is going to Amsterdam in Feb 2012. Of course, amsterdam has a reputation for its red light district and sex tourism. One of the girls comment, " OMG, I hope he is not really one of those guys who go out there and have sex with under age women and prostitutes" blah blah blah the girls were talking about loosing respect for him, if that was the case.

Do people really think if you go to places like thailand, cambodia, brazil, amsterdam, automatically think you are going there as a "sex tourist"?? [Image: huh.gif]

When i went to Rio in 2008, i didnt tell alot of people, except for my good friends. Of course, when i get back the first question they ask was " how many hoes did you bang" " how many were ladies of the night" LOL

Do any of you guys dont want to tell certain friends that you are traveling to specific countries because of its reputation of sex tourism to protect yourself self image/reputation??

I have a buddy of mine who is Japanese/white, went to Thailand, he was there for business. He was hanging out a girl from the upper class of thai society. they never had sex but alot of her upper thai friends was giving her shit because they thought he was your typical sex tourist.
Do any of you guys felt this way when you were trying to mingle with local women??

[Image: spam.gif] PS lets focus on guys, NO female sex tourism. I dont want to hear about fat old middle age lonely white women paying dudes in Jamaica and the Kuta Cowboys in Bali. some mofo is going to bring it up and will completely change the subject

It never got brought up to me once. I guess maybe because I met up with local friends down there and then learned the language?

Quote: (12-22-2011 02:04 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

It never got brought up to me once. I guess maybe because I met up with local friends down there and then learned the language?

yea in colombia this is big problem.

Yes, I've heard this a few times. I'm sure people have said the same thing behind my back- in fact, in some cases, I know they have.

Yes, women who will hook with some random DJ at the bar and the white knighitng beta males who worship them will condemn you for going down to a foreign country and hooking up willing women who want sex. In fact, if you are going down there, someone will probably assume you are going there for sex tourism.

So your answer is, yes, people will judge you for traveling to foreign countries. The question is- do you want to give up on the awesomeness of banging hot foreign women so as to avoid the judgement of ameribitches and their beta bitchboy white knight worshippers? My answer: FUCK NO.

You do what you want to do in life and people want to gossip or bitch about you, well then fuck 'em. The same types of people who would be gossiping about you for traveling will be gossiping about you for some other shit if you aren't traveling.

These women are clearly coming from a place of ignorance. But of course American women are (and should be) worried about American men seeking moist relief outside the country's borders. Women will always try to shame the men that do not abide by the rules of dating/courting that can be controlled by their balls.

I like this. I want to be hated. I wrote to my ex specifically how hot the girls were in Iceland.

I'm being nice, I don't point out how much younger and hotter the girls I'm getting are than her.

There is no success without being hated. Look at the harrowing, vicious comments the little people leave on
forums about Hollywood stars.

I've made it a GOAL to be hated. It's a variation on the great pickup aphorisms,
"I don't want to be liked, I want to get laid."
"Make the ho say "No'."

Yeah it happens. So what? Fuck them.

I enjoy traveling, I also enjoy banging hot chicks in foreign countries. I refuse to adjust my lifestyle based on the opinions of people who don't fucking matter.

Sex tourists should really just mean guys who go on P4P expeditions.

It's just bitches trying to shame you into not looking for greener pastures.

You call it sex tourism, I call it being an international playboy.

Was Casanova a 'sex tourist' ?

As InternationalPlayboy points out it depends on how you go about it. Sort of like the difference between being an ignorant tourist on a package holiday and a traveler keen to get to know about the culture you're visiting.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

One thing I would get that would piss me off in the states was I would sometimes be introduced by a brazilian friend to a group of B-girls, and right after they'd introduce me they would say something like, "He likes Brazilian girls." I always felt like all the girls would think I was into them when really out of the 4 I was introduced to I might be attracted to one.

Quote: (12-22-2011 05:40 AM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

One thing I would get that would piss me off in the states was I would sometimes be introduced by a brazilian friend to a group of B-girls, and right after they'd introduce me they would say something like, "He likes Brazilian girls." I always felt like all the girls would think I was into them when really out of the 4 I was introduced to I might be attracted to one.

I hear the same shit when introduced to Brazilian girls, my response is "I like all flavors of girls who can keep my attention for more than 5 minutes".

...works nicely.

Mixx

Quote: (12-22-2011 04:59 AM)Caligula Wrote:  

Exactly right.

You think when a college girl goes and bangs 3 dudes on spring break vacation in Cancun, anyone is calling her a 'sex tourist'?

Exactly.

When I first started traveling, I thought about what people would say but after awhile, I ignored it because let's face it....IT'S IGNORANT. To broadly categorized a country on a few stories is really closed-minded. There are PLENTY and I mean PLENTY of folks who travel to the same spots that we travel to and do everything else other than bang chicks so it is best to ignore those close-minded (and probably non-traveling) folks.

On top of that, and I am not going to broadly categorized Jamaica because maybe it was the resort that I was staying at (was invited to celebrate a birthday...non-game scheduled trip) and the little dance club in the resort would allow men without resort wristbands to somehow get into the club and of course game on the women....WHILE us dudes who stayed at the resort could not bring a chick to the resort.

Still...I no longer pat attention to those folks who probably do not travel outside of their home USA state.

Quote:Quote:

How does this have any bearing on his buddies at home labelling him a sex tourist?

I'm past caring what anyone thinks, friends, family, work colleagues, whoever. I have the time of my life when travelling and they're forever stuck at home or just go on 2 week package holidays to resorts in Spain so it's their loss. People make fun occassionally and say i'm off to Thailand / Brazil / wherever to bang ladyboys, pay for sex or that the girls I met just wanted my money & passport but when on their own they want to know all my stories, what my plans are, where I've been and plan to go so they are obviously jealous.

Their a lot of small mindedness when it comes to going to far away countries, especially those places with reputations like Eastern Europe, South America, SE Asia etc. Everyones assumed a sex tourist, that the girls are all poor whores after a foreigner, that the place and everyone in it is dodgy and you'll get scammed / drugged / robbed /murdered. People don't have a clue. Ignorance and jealousy for the most part.

I think when I'm actually in a country I manage to do pretty well at avoiding being labelled a sex tourist as I sort out a social circle fairly quickly and tend to avoid the whore clubs & bars for the most part. I can usually speak a bit of the lingo and I'm a fun guy to hang around with who doesn't come across as a seedy, sex tourist. Act like one you'll be labelled one.

Quote: (12-22-2011 11:36 AM)Luckystar Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2011 04:59 AM)Caligula Wrote:  

Exactly right.

You think when a college girl goes and bangs 3 dudes on spring break vacation in Cancun, anyone is calling her a 'sex tourist'?

Exactly.

Not even Spring break... tons of American women come to Europe to get boned during vacation.

Why do you think italian and spanish guys love american girls so much... it's not for their charm!

Quote: (12-22-2011 12:17 PM)UrbanNerd Wrote:  

When I first started traveling, I thought about what people would say but after awhile, I ignored it because let's face it....IT'S IGNORANT. To broadly categorized a country on a few stories is really closed-minded. There are PLENTY and I mean PLENTY of folks who travel to the same spots that we travel to and do everything else other than bang chicks so it is best to ignore those close-minded (and probably non-traveling) folks.

On top of that, and I am not going to broadly categorized Jamaica because maybe it was the resort that I was staying at (was invited to celebrate a birthday...non-game scheduled trip) and the little dance club in the resort would allow men without resort wristbands to somehow get into the club and of course game on the women....WHILE us dudes who stayed at the resort could not bring a chick to the resort.

Still...I no longer pat attention to those folks who probably do not travel outside of their home USA state.

Dude, you should have left the resort to party! I'm literally sitting in the fort Lauderdale airport en route from a 2 week vacation in Jamaica (spent 5 weeks there in 2011), read my up-coming Jamaica data sheet and you'll have a ball there next time, guaranteed!

I don't care. If I want to go somewhere, I'll go. It's amazing the vivid imaginations of those who have never left the country. It's like they live their life and get their information from the morning newspaper. Actually going somewhere and experiencing something is a foreign concept to them.

Best course is to not worry too much about what other people think (especially gossipy women). They generally respect you alot more if they know you don't care what they think.

To be fair, most guys who go to places like Brazil or Thailand are hoping to get laid. Maybe it is not their first priority. Some actually care about the culture or beaches or food or whatever, but from what I've seen sex is almost always one of the top five reasons for going to places like that. I'm just being honest, not trying to be a dick.

I'm in southern Brazil right now and this place is infested with Germans, French, Canadians, etc. all trying to get a bang. Every night it's like a fuckfest of dudes just trying to get ass, and these are younger guys, not the older Italian sex tourists in Natal or Fortaleza. They would prefer to not pay, but it seems a lot of the younger guys here on short time trips end up paying if they don't get lucky with a regular B-girl.

Yeah getting laid always makes a trip better but even if I don't I can have a great time. A mix of both works best for me buit women have never been my main priority for travelling.

I'm in southern Brazil right now and this place is infested with Germans, French, Canadians, etc. all trying to get a bang.

Which cities?

Quote: (12-22-2011 06:49 PM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

it seems a lot of the younger guys here on short time trips end up paying if they don't get lucky with a regular B-girl.

If you are talking about Santa Catarina/Curitiba/Porto Alegre, it is known locally as the toughest place to get laid with non-pros. Social Circle, fluency in Portuguese and social value are HUGE to garotas there.

Being a foreigner/gringo means dick to Southern Brazilian garotas; it will work against you, not in your favor.

MIxx

Who gives a rats ass what anyone thinks about you traveling ??

Are those same women going to fuck you and treat you the way you want to be treated ??

You have nothing to explain to anyone. They could care less about you when you are being mistreated or not getting any ass at home.

fuck'em.

Who gives a rats ass what anyone thinks about you traveling ??

The actions of previous men before you really do impact how locals perceive you, even if you're not a sex tourist yourself. It gets to the point where foreigners are seen as having lower value than local guys, something I see in Riga.

While I don't care if a random person thinks I'm a sex tourist, it is a problem if most girls think you are one simply because you're in a place where most foreigners are indeed sex tourists. The responses you get are ice cold from normal girls, making it a place that is impossible to game without social circle.

Quote: (12-24-2011 08:19 AM)Roosh Wrote:  

I'm in southern Brazil right now and this place is infested with Germans, French, Canadians, etc. all trying to get a bang.

Which cities?

I was in Florinopolis. At the hostel every night it would be a group of 15-25 going out to a club, 80% would be guys, and they all were on the prowl willing to bang anything that walks.

Hell, even 45 year old British chicks were fair game. Reminded me a lot of the Thailand backpacker scene. Short term travellers just wanting to stick their dick in anything before they go home to their boring frustrating lives.

Most normal men, when traveling, has his eye open for the women around him, and if the opportunity presents, will try to fuck. That's as natural as breathing. It doesn't matter if your specific reason for being in a country is to fuck. As previously noted, sex tourists go P4P to accomplish their goals. Or they sign up with agencies that hook them up with local girls that fuck. Rolling into a foreign country and simply talking to local non-pros and trying to convince them to fuck you isn't really sex tourism. Building a relationship via pipelining, then rolling in and fucking isn't sex tourism either. It's simply being a normal man.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (12-24-2011 10:30 AM)MiXX Wrote:  

Quote: (12-22-2011 06:49 PM)nomadicdude Wrote:  

it seems a lot of the younger guys here on short time trips end up paying if they don't get lucky with a regular B-girl.

If you are talking about Santa Catarina/Curitiba/Porto Alegre, it is known locally as the toughest place to get laid with non-pros. Social Circle, fluency in Portuguese and social value are HUGE to garotas there.

Being a foreigner/gringo means dick to Southern Brazilian garotas; it will work against you, not in your favor.

MIxx

Yes, totally correct. There has never been a forum member, who has recommended a city south of Rio de Janeiro, for players looking for regular non pro poon or to live there for the long term. Minas Gerais or Goiainia is as far south as one should go or stay in Brazil. Florianapolis is too international and tourisity to be considered a real Brazilian city just like Miami in the U.S.