rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Tony Gonzalez's committment ceremony

In light of the attention that divorces are getting here on the forum for athletes I thought I would bring up something I saw a few years ago and am still incredibly impressed with. Tony Gonzalez - good looking, rich, bachelor pad in Manhattan Beach, one of the best tight ends in NFL history, and guy who could (and probably has) gotten more pussy then he knows what to do with fell in love and wanted to settle down with a cocktail waitress. But being the smart guy he is, and living in divorce rape friendly California, Tony decided he didnt want to get married, instead he had a "commitment ceremony" where he gets all of the benefits of marriage w/o the wife being able to take him to the cleaners for no reason. Great work Tony, great work.

http://thefeed.blogs.com/the_feed/2007/0...lez-s.html

Kansas City Chiefs tight end Tony Gonzalez doesn't let himself get too caught up in the traditional way of doing things. He played football and basketball while at Cal even though somebody probably told him it was a bad idea, he knocked up the lovely Lauren Sanchez without slipping a ring on her finger and now he's taking part in a commitment ceremony on July 20th. Don't be fooled by the tight end or the commitment ceremony, Gonzalez is still straight as an Arrowhead Stadium it's just that he's from California, with a gal named October and probably concerned about keeping as much of his money as possible when the relationship falls apart.

“We’re not signing any papers,” Gonzalez told her, “but I wanted the world to know that I love her and want to spend my life with her. I did it the best way for me.”

Now this is what the fuck I'm talking about. Avoid the laws, raise a family.

There is also irony to this:

Gays are pushing to get into marriages, and straights are pushing to get OUT of marriage...

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

The key here is he found a woman willing to go along with this. That agreed with commitment without a license, contract and state involvement. How many chicks out there would go for this, especially with a man that makes what a pro athlete makes? My guess is not many.

When women talk about commitment, they aren't really talking about actions. They're talking about a man committing what he has to them. Making them legally entitled to certain things, regardless of how they act. True commitment is working on a relationship without a ceremony, ring or contract TELLING you that you have to work on it. Commitment is about actions, and nothing else. Women want guarantees - they don't want to have to work every day to keep you happy, or else. They want some form of safety net in case "things don't work out," but they want the other party in the relationship to provide that, even if SHE'S the reason the relationship didn't work.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote:Quote:

Gays are pushing to get into marriages, and straights are pushing to get OUT of marriage...

[Image: potd.gif]

Quote: (12-21-2011 03:45 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

The key here is he found a woman willing to go along with this. That agreed with commitment without a license, contract and state involvement. How many chicks out there would go for this, especially with a man that makes what a pro athlete makes? My guess is not many.

When women talk about commitment, they aren't really talking about actions. They're talking about a man committing what he has to them. Making them legally entitled to certain things, regardless of how they act. True commitment is working on a relationship without a ceremony, ring or contract TELLING you that you have to work on it. Commitment is about actions, and nothing else. Women want guarantees - they don't want to have to work every day to keep you happy, or else. They want some form of safety net in case "things don't work out," but they want the other party in the relationship to provide that, even if SHE'S the reason the relationship didn't work.

there are plenty of smokin hot ordinary chicks who would gladly do this

Quote: (12-21-2011 12:38 PM)Brian Wrote:  

“We’re not signing any papers,” Gonzalez told her, “but I wanted the world to know that I love her and want to spend my life with her. I did it the best way for me.”

FINALLY!!! A true, pure example of what an Alpha male is. He does things on his terms, the way he sees fit to do so not giving in to any womans future traps.

Mixx

Quote: (12-21-2011 03:45 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

[Image: potd.gif] No. 2

But does this negate common law marriage in front of the judge? If she's been living with you a certain amount of time, you have to file taxes jointly and all that stuff, then you could be on the hook if you knock her up no different if you had a wife.

Check this out: Rich Jewish Middle Eastern arms dealer married a woman, and then kicked her out. Turns out, they were never legally married, they only had a religious ceremony. Outcome: Far as I can tell, she got a pittance of $250k for supposed battery, assault and emotional distress, and that's it. The guy had a net worth in the hundreds of millions, so that really was nothing. The judge dismissed the palimony suit. Link 1 and 2.

Oh, and the guy's relatives were documented in Rolling Stone selling Mao era arms to the US government for use in Iraq. And the guy's son was a personal advisor to Michael Jackson, aka Shmuley Boteach.

It seems like there's a good chance you'll have no obligations if you do nothing but live together, vs a 100% chance you'll lose in a divorce settlement, if she's poorer than you. And your odds of leaving without serious losses are much better if you make a written agreement.

This site has some guidance: http://www.palimony.com/

Quote: (12-21-2011 07:35 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

But does this negate common law marriage in front of the judge? If she's been living with you a certain amount of time, you have to file taxes jointly and all that stuff, then you could be on the hook if you knock her up no different if you had a wife.

Common law marriage isn't recognized in California so he'd be fine.

This is something shocking I didn't know about:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?...835AAs31xu

Finally, there's something on the books called the "Presumed Fathers Law" that states a man is presumed to be the father of a child even if his wife is impregnated by another man. Can you imagine a man being devastated by his wife's infidelity and then being told by a judge that he has to pay for a child that's not his? You'll never see the courts forcing a wife to pay for the child her husband has with another woman. I know that there are women out there that struggle because they don't get the child support they were promised. The men who don't support their children eventually go to jail.

If true, this is horrifying.

Very true. Family law in this country is fucked.

Quote: (12-21-2011 10:43 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

Finally, there's something on the books called the "Presumed Fathers Law" that states a man is presumed to be the father of a child even if his wife is impregnated by another man. Can you imagine a man being devastated by his wife's infidelity and then being told by a judge that he has to pay for a child that's not his? You'll never see the courts forcing a wife to pay for the child her husband has with another woman. I know that there are women out there that struggle because they don't get the child support they were promised. The men who don't support their children eventually go to jail.

The father is whoever the chick says it is, and once it's on the birth certificate, it's very difficult to undo. We're talking lots of red-tape and tests, etc.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (12-22-2011 01:47 PM)Timoteo Wrote:  

Quote: (12-21-2011 10:43 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

The father is whoever the chick says it is, and once it's on the birth certificate, it's very difficult to undo. We're talking lots of red-tape and tests, etc.

The fucked part is with child support it really isn't just to support the child, it is to support the mother. Just because a guy has some money, and knocked some girl up, doesn't mean he should have to support HER. His child? Sure. But not the mom. It is crazy that some of these girls getting thousands of dollars a month in "child support". Now imagine some poor guy being ordered to pay $3-5K or more per month for "child support" when that baby ends up not even being his. Loses his wife/girl, dignity, self respect, respect from everyone who knows him, life as he knows it is ruined, and now the poor fuck has to drop $40k a year to support that bitch for cheating on him.

This guy has to be applauded and his example passed around all the sites, forums, blogs, news outlet, whatever, to get the word out so that other guys get wiser.

Basilransom,
That was a fantastic article you shared about the jewish rich man doing only a religious ceremony. I was wondering the same, whether doing only a religious ceremony would make you immune to the atrocious family laws? Anyone knows more about that?

Quote: (12-22-2011 03:53 PM)Vacancier Permanent Wrote:  

Basilransom,
That was a fantastic article you shared about the jewish rich man doing only a religious ceremony. I was wondering the same, whether doing only a religious ceremony would make you immune to the atrocious family laws? Anyone knows more about that?

If you're very concerned, you should hammer out a written contract, and maybe enlist the help of a lawyer. There's no reason you have to behave like an idiot by doing nothing and leaving it to a roll of the dice with the judge, like the arms dealer did. The guy did still pay legal fees, instead of having the case dismissed outright, which probably would've happened if he had a written agreement. In that case, she might never have even brought it.

Another reason to have game. If you have options, or at least behave like it and make her think you do, your odds of getting her to agree to a no palimony contract are much greater. If all else fails, just never move in with her.