rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Women on Top, Men on Bottom

And we're not talking about the cowgirl position.

We're talking about a review of Kay Hymowitz's new book, Manning Up: How the Rise of Women is Turning Men into Boys.

http://www.realclearbooks.com/articles/2...tom_5.html

The review is well work reading. But it is some of the comments that really resonate, particularly this one. Hits the nail right on the fucking head. While I don't necessarily agree with take in manufacturing, the rest is tremendous. Emphasis mine.

Quote:Quote:

Feminists have been on a 50 year rampage against men. Most normal male behavior is now considered deviant, and the male role in the mating ritual has been criminalized. Men are portrayed as complete idiots, dependent upon smart women to save them from their follies and idiocy. And marriage itself is a financial minefield for any successful man dumb enough to marry a modern woman. Women get bored easily and these days that means it's time for a divorce to finance her rediscovery.

Men are not manning up any more because it isn't the good deal it was for men in the 1950s or before. It isn't that the men are broken, it is society that is broken. Unless the Progressive experiment is declared to be a failure and discarded, and we return to a male run society and take the steps necessary to return the US to the manufacturing giant it once was, we cannot fix the problem.

The reason both parents have to work is because both parents are working. If a few wives get jobs, that give them a leg up on the rest. If all wives have jobs, it floods the labor market and depresses wages to the point where two income families earn what one income families used to earn.

We can't have it both ways. We cannot have a Matriarchy where all the women have empowering and satisfying careers and at the same time expect to have the traditional Ward Cleaver husband/provider waiting for career women with a ready to go suburban castle for them to decorate when they decide it is time to quit work and play June Cleaver for a while.

We cannot ship all the manufacturing jobs to China because it is good for business and have a thriving working class that buys all those products. You can't have prosperous businesses without prosperous customers. You don't need a management class if there is nothing to manage.

The truth is, we are doing just about everything wrong, are led by nest feathering morons carrying out policies dictated by political ideologues, and wonder why it isn't working.

Here's another one.

In the Greek play Lysistrata, she persuades the women of Greece to withhold sexual privileges from their husbands and lovers as a means of forcing the men to negotiate peace. Today men are withholding marriage from women in an effort to preserve their income, assets, and sanity in our degraded culture. Most young women today are selfish locusts of men, marrying them long enough to have a kid or two and get their hands on their assets, then using divorce law to fleece him of both family and money. No man in his right mind would ever get married today without a comprehensive, legally sound prenuptial.

I'm all for women being at the top AS LONG as it means they take care of us just as retribution for us taking care of THEIR lazy asses for the past thousands of years.

The actual article was pretty weaksauce. The guy basically says, "I know we need to man up, but it's hard!!!"

Look at how he concludes the article:

Hymowitz's book doesn't address this issue, and it's an important shortcoming. Instead she focuses on college-educated guys like me who are successfully drifting, not fighting to survive. My name is Philip, and I am a preadult. That sounds right.

He buys right into the feminists frame.

Hymowitz's advice to preadults is to "man up." I respond: We want to, and we will, we are just figuring out how.

And asks for forgiveness.

Fuck this guy. He quotes Harvey Mansfield, who is such a beta white-knight he makes most MRA bloggers look like players. He uses Mansfield's argument that technology makes the traditional roles of men obsolete, so that's why men today are lost. I say: bullshit. Technology is the last frontier of manliness. All technology is created and maintained by men. Technology makes more jobs possible than was ever previously possible.

The problem isn't technology, the problem is the political structures that use technology to oppress men. It's ironic that technology was created by men, and then turned on men to oppress them.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (12-13-2011 02:03 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

The actual article was pretty weaksauce. The guy basically says, "I know we need to man up, but it's hard!!!"

Look at how he concludes the article:

Hymowitz's book doesn't address this issue, and it's an important shortcoming. Instead she focuses on college-educated guys like me who are successfully drifting, not fighting to survive. My name is Philip, and I am a preadult. That sounds right.

He buys right into the feminists frame.

Hymowitz's advice to preadults is to "man up." I respond: We want to, and we will, we are just figuring out how.

And asks for forgiveness.

Fuck this guy. He quotes Harvey Mansfield, who is such a beta white-knight he makes most MRA bloggers look like players. He uses Mansfield's argument that technology makes the traditional roles of men obsolete, so that's why men today are lost. I say: bullshit. Technology is the last frontier of manliness. All technology is created and maintained by men. Technology makes more jobs possible than was ever previously possible.

The problem isn't technology, the problem is the political structures that use technology to oppress men. It's ironic that technology was created by men, and then turned on men to oppress them.

Totally agree(^^^^^^^^) with this post. This is a disaster.