rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Night Clubs for Fat People

I just discovered that night clubs for fat people are popping up around the United States. [Image: american.gif]

Is this what the obesity epidemic is coming to? So much for shaming fat girls.

There's one in California called Club Bounce.

Check out their flyer, "Motel and 24 Hour Food 50 Feet Away" [Image: lol.gif]

[Image: BOUNCEWHITTIER.jpg]

Team Nachos

They have a link to petition fat rights as well on that site..
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/2/end-siz...n-america/
[attachment=3743]
These guys seem to be having a good time though

I guess the word is out all over Europe. Here's a British article on the subject:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew...erica.html

I wonder if they think this is what all of America is like?

'Fat clubs' thriving in America
American nightclubs catering specifically for fat people are proving a hit with plus-sized partygoers looking for acceptance.

[Image: BOUNCE_1510942c.jpg]

By Nick Collins

3:41PM GMT 27 Oct 2009

Venues like Club Bounce and The Butterfly Lounge in California are aimed at people who may be made to feel unwelcome at certain fashionable nightspots because of their size.

Such clubs are a relatively new development, with a handful scattered across California, mainly in coastal cities such as San Diego and San Francisco.

Lisa Marie Garbo, who opened Club Bounce five years ago, said she did it for herself and others who were tired of being "the only fat girl at the local nightclub".

She said: "I don't think fat is a bad word any more. I think a lot of people embrace it now.

"I'm not a gain-weight advocate or anything like that. My message to people is live your life no matter what size you are."

Club Bounce, with a capacity of 400, attracts relatively equal numbers of men and women. However, while about three-quarters of the women tend to be heavy, only a quarter of the men are.

The existence of such venues has raised health questions in a country where, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, one-third of adults are already obese.

But Lynn McAfe, of the Council On Size and Weight Discrimination, said: "It's nice to have a place to go where you can do a little flirting and maybe bring your thin sister or somebody from work who isn't fat, and they'll be in your world for a while."

"That's an amazing experience for a lot of people who aren't fat, to spend a day or night in a world of fat people."

Vanessa Gray, a Club Bounce customer, added: "When you're not what they consider ideal and you're out there trying to get your dance on at those other places, you get the looks, the stares. But not here. Everything's accepted here."

Team Nachos

I guess it was only a matter of time... considering how many of them there are these days. As long as they're only congregating in their own little fattie clubs I'm ok with it. Thanks for the pic Parlay, it went into the archives.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

The fact that it's come to this makes me embarrassed for my country, but on the other hand it might be a net positive if it draws fat girls away from other venues and increases those places' average attractiveness. It's the same principle as concentrating all the trash into a landfill instead of leaving it on the street where people have to look at it and smell it. Sure, it would be much better not to have so much trash in the first place, but given the situation it might not be such a bad solution.

From a business perspective, this is a great idea. Fat people have money to spend like anyone else, and promoting events for them to come and drop cash is genious. Face it...there are always going to be fat people. It's not like this is encouraging people to stuff their faces. If this encourages them to stop going to other spots, that's beautiful. For dudes that like fat chicks, they'll be in their own private heaven.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

Quote: (12-03-2011 08:39 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

The fact that it's come to this makes me embarrassed for my country, but on the other hand it might be a net positive if it draws fat girls away from other venues and increases those places' average attractiveness. It's the same principle as concentrating all the trash into a landfill instead of leaving it on the street where people have to look at it and smell it. Sure, it would be much better not to have so much trash in the first place, but given the situation it might not be such a bad solution.

That's the best argument for Fat Clubs I've ever heard. So you're saying if you remove all the 4's and below from regular clubs then any of the 6's and 7's relatively drop in attractiveness and become easier to bang? That's brilliant!! [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (12-03-2011 09:29 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-03-2011 08:39 PM)gringochileno Wrote:  

That's the best argument for Fat Clubs I've ever heard. So you're saying if you remove all the 4's and below from regular clubs then any of the 6's and 7's relatively drop in attractiveness and become easier to bang? That's brilliant!! [Image: lol.gif]

If these catch on we should start pushing for separate water fountains. Make Mountain Dew come out of them and they might go along with it.

The flickr gallery depresses me...

This shit is even worse than that texting fat bride.

[Image: american.gif] [Image: american.gif] [Image: american.gif]

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

Do you think one day there will be significantly less fat people in the world or will the population of fat people grow in the world until there are very few thin people left?

Quote: (12-03-2011 11:40 PM)All or Nothing Wrote:  

Do you think one day there will be significantly less fat people in the world or will the population of fat people grow in the world until there are very few thin people left?

For the very near future the obesity rate is going to keep growing, but with genetic engineering, better liposuction, food technology, prosthetics, people being replaced with robots, things will start to get better in the long term. It'll be a painful near future though.

I'm gonna strip nekkid, cover myself in big mac sauce, and run through one of these clubs to see what happens.

Quote: (12-03-2011 08:08 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

I guess it was only a matter of time... considering how many of them there are these days. As long as they're only congregating in their own little fattie clubs I'm ok with it. Thanks for the pic Parlay, it went into the archives.

This is kind of a good point. If places like this flourish it'll thin the herd (heh) at normal venues. All the fatties will rush off to the bars and clubs with a complimentary chocolate fountain and free up space at all the other venues

Chef In Jeans
A culinary website for men

We should promote the formation of fat cities, where everyone within the city limits is gloriously pudgy.

It'd be hilarious if some rail-thin hotties rolled up and trolled the joint, getting the attention of all the guys. Fat girls would get 'disenfranchised' in their own hood. Swinging fatty hammer fists to ensue.

Here's a mini-guide to spotting fattie-friendly neighborhoods. I'll use the home of Club Bounce and probably the least fattie friendly town in America as an example, and you can draw your own conclusions...

Quote: (12-04-2011 03:51 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

I'm gonna strip nekkid, cover myself in big mac sauce, and run through one of these clubs to see what happens.

You're taking your own life into your hands, dog.

[Image: attachment.jpg3746]   

Quote: (12-04-2011 02:49 PM)basilransom Wrote:  

It'd be hilarious if some rail-thin hotties rolled up and trolled the joint, getting the attention of all the guys. Fat girls would get 'disenfranchised' in their own hood. Swinging fatty hammer fists to ensue.

LOL! That's some fine trolling on your mind. I'd love roll up with a bus-full of fine sorority chicks at that place. You'd turn that mother out!

They tried doing a fat section on airplanes. It didn't go over too well with fat folk. Lol

Team Nachos

Quote: (12-04-2011 03:05 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

They tried doing a fat section on airplanes. It didn't go over too well with fat folk. Lol

You figure they'd eat that shit up...

Gotta give credit to the founder of Bounce for the evocative name. In order to encourage more of these clubs to form, here are some more suggestive hip names:

Roll
Fold
Porcine

For an Irish Pub: Ahab's

The first rule of fat clubs is that you don't talk about fat clubs.

Pretty much a perfect representation of why the west is slowly sinking into the sea; we enable bad and unhealthy behavior where we used to shame it.

Quote:Quote:

AHAHAHAHAHAH!

"Imagine" by HCE | Hitler reacts to Battle of Montreal | An alternative use for squid that has never crossed your mind before

Quote: (12-04-2011 05:08 PM)Handsome Creepy Eel Wrote:  

Quote:Quote:

AHAHAHAHAHAH!

Thaaaarrrr she bloooooowwss!!!! [Image: lol.gif]

Team Nachos

Quote: (12-04-2011 03:05 PM)Parlay44 Wrote:  

The real reason the fat section was scrapped was that having too much weight on one side of the plane was determined to be a saftey hazard.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Club Butter, Club Gravy, The Glutony Lounge. Lol

Team Nachos