rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Top Five Regrets of The Dying

http://exposingthetruth.info/top-five-re...the-dying/

I stumbled upon this and thought it was rather poignant. (Disclaimer: I'm not familiar with the site and the rest seems a bit conspiracy theory-esque.)

Quote:Quote:

When questioned about any regrets they had or anything they would do differently, common themes surfaced again and again. Here are the most common five:

1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.

This was the most common regret of all. When people realise that their life is almost over and look back clearly on it, it is easy to see how many dreams have gone unfulfilled. Most people had not honoured even a half of their dreams and had to die knowing that it was due to choices they had made, or not made.

2. I wish I didn’t work so hard.

This came from every male patient that I nursed. They missed their children’s youth and their partner’s companionship. Women also spoke of this regret. But as most were from an older generation, many of the female patients had not been breadwinners. All of the men I nursed deeply regretted spending so much of their lives on the treadmill of a work existence.

3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.

Many people suppressed their feelings in order to keep peace with others. As a result, they settled for a mediocre existence and never became who they were truly capable of becoming. Many developed illnesses relating to the bitterness and resentment they carried as a result.

4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.

Often they would not truly realise the full benefits of old friends until their dying weeks and it was not always possible to track them down. Many had become so caught up in their own lives that they had let golden friendships slip by over the years. There were many deep regrets about not giving friendships the time and effort that they deserved. Everyone misses their friends when they are dying.

5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

This is a surprisingly common one. Many did not realise until the end that happiness is a choice. They had stayed stuck in old patterns and habits. The so-called ‘comfort’ of familiarity overflowed into their emotions, as well as their physical lives. Fear of change had them pretending to others, and to their selves, that they were content. When deep within, they longed to laugh properly and have silliness in their life again.

I can't have sex with your personality, and I can't put my penis in your college degree, and I can't shove my fist in your childhood dreams, so why are you sharing all this information with me?

this is wierd.a top bodybuilder posted the exact same thing on another forum the other day.interesting though

About two years ago I started making similar changes in my own life. The chains of society and self-limiting beliefs do not bind me, I am free. You don't know how incredible that feels like until you've experienced it for yourself. Above all, you've just gotta stop giving a fuck what people (men, women, family, etc.) think about you and live your life the way you want to.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Words of wisdom, alot of people I know are committed or obligated to something.
I am fortunate not to be one of them!

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

I'd say another one would be the regret of chasing material rather than experiences.
Very few people will die saying "I wish I had more stuff".

I think a lot of these regrets are actually necessary if you work in the 9-5 cubicle institution. you have to worry about what others think of you, keep your feelings to yourself, work hard so you don't get laid off/fired/passed over for promotion.

It's easy to advise people to not give a fuck and be themselves etc etc but the reality is if your livelihood is dependent on others, you have to play by their rules.

That's why I will never work for someone else ever again and why I'm 110pct focused on internet business and financial sovereignty. It makes absolutely no sense to NOT own your own business, even if it's just a supplemental income.

It's the same with women - if you can't meet women, you will have to settle, and play by women's rules. If you can go out and meet women whenever you want, you are free and can do whatever you want.

Quote: (12-03-2011 12:38 PM)Gmac Wrote:  

About two years ago I started making similar changes in my own life. The chains of society and self-limiting beliefs do not bind me, I am free. You don't know how incredible that feels like until you've experienced it for yourself. Above all, you've just gotta stop giving a fuck what people (men, women, family, etc.) think about you and live your life the way you want to.

I made similar changes over just one year ago today, and the difference in my life has been incredible. It's not always easy, but I'm the happiest I've ever been.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

For me, this happened about 2 years ago. There are still some people I'm trying to extricate myself from, but I'm working on it, and the changes I've made have definitely made me happier. In my travels I'm met some people that have also motivated me to continue on this path. I won't rest until I've fixed everything that's broken.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

I think all of this is pretty common knowledge in modern society. I was hoping for something a bit more inspiring. Number 5 is good as I am often to hard on myself which makes me feel bad about what direction I think I should be going on. I have stopped putting so much pressure on myself and instead of saying SHOULD I have started saying IT WOULD BE NICE IF....

I'm surprised the most obvious thing on here hasn't been mentioned considering the nature of the forum. Something that has always stuck with me was a story from a friend who told me that his Grandfather, on his deathbed, said he wish he'd slept with more women. This pretty much turned me into the slut I am today.

If you've faced death or long jail sentences a few times, as well as had the tempering experiences of very difficult times, that near death sense of perspective remains closer to you each day.

This is why I don't do arguments with women. Life is too short.

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm at a point in my life where I can set off down any path I want, but I lack the direction and lust to achieve something. I know I want more out of life, yet I do not know what 'more' is. How did you guys figure out what you wanted? Did you just try what came to mind and work it for a while or did you have a burning desire to do a certain thing.

Quote: (12-05-2011 02:37 PM)Richie Wrote:  

I think all of this is pretty common knowledge in modern society. I was hoping for something a bit more inspiring. Number 5 is good as I am often to hard on myself which makes me feel bad about what direction I think I should be going on. I have stopped putting so much pressure on myself and instead of saying SHOULD I have started saying IT WOULD BE NICE IF....

I'm surprised the most obvious thing on here hasn't been mentioned considering the nature of the forum. Something that has always stuck with me was a story from a friend who told me that his Grandfather, on his deathbed, said he wish he'd slept with more women. This pretty much turned me into the slut I am today.

I swear I read a similar article as the OP's that said exactly this - that the #1 regret of dying men was literally not fucking more women. I can't find it now but I KNOW I've seen it and even if not, it's gotta be true because I fucking regret all the opportunities I missed in high school and college...hell even middle school!

Quote: (12-05-2011 11:30 PM)Iceinthewater Wrote:  

...because I fucking regret all the opportunities I missed in high school and college...hell even middle school!

On the whole I don't have regrets for things undone. I feel I've done a pretty good job with doing the interesting things I've wanted to do. Deeply involved in meditation as a teenager and into my tweenties. Involved in various entrepreneurial gigs, and involved in women. And I've influence a few thoughts here and there. That's about it - that's what I wanted to do. But when you mention missed opportunities in high school, then

PANG!

Quote: (12-05-2011 11:44 PM)xsplat Wrote:  

...because I fucking regret all the opportunities I missed in high school and college...hell even middle school!

On the whole I don't have regrets for things undone. I feel I've done a pretty good job with doing the interesting things I've wanted to do. Deeply involved in meditation as a teenager and into my tweenties. Involved in various entrepreneurial gigs, and involved in women. And I've influence a few thoughts here and there. That's about it - that's what I wanted to do. But when you mention missed opportunities in high school, then

PANG!

Yea I mean I'm happy with my life and it's not something I think about. But I'll randomly think of this or that girl and be like "ugh I coulda hit that so easily!" I guess it's because I SUCKED with girls in HS and didn't hit anything even though I could have if I had any sense lol

Quote: (12-04-2011 03:00 AM)Iceinthewater Wrote:  

I think a lot of these regrets are actually necessary if you work in the 9-5 cubicle institution. you have to worry about what others think of you, keep your feelings to yourself, work hard so you don't get laid off/fired/passed over for promotion.

Its not just necessary but rather that people are trained to be like this since they were children. When we are young there is really no difference between the retarded kids that do what they want, and the smart kids that do what they want.

Once we are adults, the retarded kids are complete losers. The retarded kids that followed directions are losers in a manageable way. The smart kids that followed directions are losers who look successful. The smart kids that do what they want tell everyone else what to do.

Quote: (12-06-2011 12:39 AM)babelfish669 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-04-2011 03:00 AM)Iceinthewater Wrote:  

Its not just necessary but rather that people are trained to be like this since they were children. When we are young there is really no difference between the retarded kids that do what they want, and the smart kids that do what they want.

Once we are adults, the retarded kids are complete losers. The retarded kids that followed directions are losers in a manageable way. The smart kids that followed directions are losers who look successful. The smart kids that do what they want tell everyone else what to do.

damn bro that's dead on.

Quote: (12-05-2011 11:26 PM)WesternCancer Wrote:  

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum, I'm at a point in my life where I can set off down any path I want, but I lack the direction and lust to achieve something. I know I want more out of life, yet I do not know what 'more' is. How did you guys figure out what you wanted? Did you just try what came to mind and work it for a while or did you have a burning desire to do a certain thing.

Get a new more ambitious social/work group.

Quote: (12-06-2011 01:00 AM)ersatz Wrote:  

Get a new more ambitious social/work group.

That does seem helpful you are who you associate with. I haven't made any new friends since discovering game. Most of my friends are females (good for a DHV, one works at the campus bar - hottest waitress, she hugs me and talks to me whenever I walk in) and a few betas/LETS GET FUCKED UP AND HOPE BITCHES SUCK OUR DICK guys.

There are 2 in particular I think I should be spending more time with. 1. Super alpha female/sorority girl. 2. A guy in the same mindset as me when it comes to health.

Try different things

The only thing that I can't let go of in this regard, is needing some security in the 30 years that I might be alive from 60-90 years old. I can't imagine being destitute then, and so I have this drive to work in a capacity that will provide for me in those years (toward a pension, being wealthy, etc.) to avoid that.

I mean, can you imagine having to get up at 8 am to get ready and drive into work when you are 80 years old? How about if you make it till 90? Is your internet business going to be still valid then? Are you going to be able to hustle then? Are you going to want to?

30 years is a long, long time.

I always read stories of broke guys in places like Thailand, who used to have money, but didn't work/plan enough and now they can't earn it anymore due to age. They wind up living horridly. That's bad when you are young. When you are old, it has to be hell.

Quote: (12-06-2011 02:37 PM)hydrogonian Wrote:  

The only thing that I can't let go of in this regard, is needing some security in the 30 years that I might be alive from 60-90 years old. I can't imagine being destitute then, and so I have this drive to work in a capacity that will provide for me in those years (toward a pension, being wealthy, etc.) to avoid that.

I mean, can you imagine having to get up at 8 am to get ready and drive into work when you are 80 years old? How about if you make it till 90? Is your internet business going to be still valid then? Are you going to be able to hustle then? Are you going to want to?

I always read stories of broke guys in places like Thailand, who used to have money, but didn't work/plan enough and now they can't earn it anymore due to age. They wind up living horridly. That's bad when you are young. When you are old, it has to be hell.

THIS

its all well and good running around doing fuck all and not caring..hell i did it for 10 years

but eventually you mature a bit and think fuck i have nothing and what am i gona have when im 50 plus...

so...u have to find a balance a medium somehow.

Quote: (12-07-2011 06:14 AM)garygroundwork Wrote:  

THIS

its all well and good running around doing fuck all and not caring..hell i did it for 10 years

but eventually you mature a bit and think fuck i have nothing and what am i gona have when im 50 plus...

I can relate to this after living in Thailand for a few years. I'm really at a point in my life where I'm thinking, Man, I've really got to get serious about my business and start planning for the future or I'm going to really be lost when I get older. I'm only 30, but I don't want to think about this shit 20 years from now, and if I'm feeling lost now I'll really feel lost then.

The good thing is that the things I do online really do have the potential to create a solid future for me - just not if I continue making them last priority and just getting by like I have been. I don't know if not living in Thailand is the answer though, especially since I can continue with online business - I think the real answer, at least for myself, is finding the discipline and motivation to live in destinations like that and still be serious about my business.

It's probably the hardest part about being a digital nomad.

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (12-10-2011 02:31 PM)Beyond Borders Wrote:  

Quote: (12-07-2011 06:14 AM)garygroundwork Wrote:  

THIS

I can relate to this after living in Thailand for a few years. I'm really at a point in my life where I'm thinking, Man, I've really got to get serious about my business and start planning for the future or I'm going to really be lost when I get older. I'm only 30, but I don't want to think about this shit 20 years from now, and if I'm feeling lost now I'll really feel lost then.

The good thing is that the things I do online really do have the potential to create a solid future for me - just not if I continue making them last priority and just getting by like I have been. I don't know if not living in Thailand is the answer though, especially since I can continue with online business - I think the real answer, at least for myself, is finding the discipline and motivation to live in destinations like that and still be serious about my business.

It's probably the hardest part about being a digital nomad.

i hear u mate. i was in ur shoes. i said fuck it and now im sacrificing 3 or 4 years do try and set myself up to be able to head off again when im late 30's but knowing i have stuff to go back to one day, financially stable. ur living the dream but u always have that feeling deep down of oh fuck im not getting anywhere and it eats at u.

Quote: (12-12-2011 05:16 AM)garygroundwork Wrote:  

i hear u mate. i was in ur shoes. i said fuck it and now im sacrificing 3 or 4 years do try and set myself up to be able to head off again when im late 30's but knowing i have stuff to go back to one day, financially stable. ur living the dream but u always have that feeling deep down of oh fuck im not getting anywhere and it eats at u.

What'd you end up doing? Going back to a Western country and settling back in?

I'm home in the states for the holidays but still trying to figure out where to go after Xmas. I come from a rural area, so I'm definitely not moving back here - if I was to live in the States again, it'd have to be a move to the big city where things are actually moving.

Thinking about just heading back overseas and setting up a home base kind of situation where I can dig my toes in and get serious about my work while still being in a beautiful, tropical location. I don't really have a home anymore, and it'd be nice to have a steady place I can always return to and base my travels out of when I want to take time off work.

You work online too then or what?

Beyond All Seas

"The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe.
To be your own man is a hard business. If you try it, you'll be lonely often, and sometimes
frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." - Kipling

Quote: (12-05-2011 02:37 PM)Richie Wrote:  

I swear I read a similar article as the OP's that said exactly this - that the #1 regret of dying men was literally not fucking more women. I can't find it now but I KNOW I've seen it and even if not, it's gotta be true because I fucking regret all the opportunities I missed in high school and college...hell even middle school!
I wish I could go back to middle school and high school. It makes me sad thinking about all the chances and girls I let pass me by.

I think number 1 is very important. Most people are truly scared of what others will think of them and what they'll say.