rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Are You The Last Man Standing?

Today brought a realization. I'm the last of my friends to remain single and without offspring. Some of my mates would give anything to roll but are married with familial obligations, or divorced and in the financial vortex as a result.

I'm 35 and still going strong. The world is my oyster, but this road gets lonely at times. The further down it you go, the more distant you'll become to those that chose matrimony, your nucleus family, and even the life you may have lived previous.

My question is: How many of your friends are still traveling with you? Do you ever feel the burden of solitude? Or worse, ever get the notion to drop the pack and settle?

I'm also the last of my friends/relatives still free. I was at a my aunt's house last night and the pressue to get settle down was intense. Everyone was trying to tell me that the time has come to get married, settle down and all. To which I have not the slightest desire to do, specially now that I'm ready to hit the road again in 2-3 months. I always travel on my own as none of my friends/relatives have the freedom or the $ to join but that's no problem as I meet cool people on the road. Plus, the guys that are married at home are not really the type of guys I'd like to hang out with as they are mega betas/white knights and the thought of going to a "third world country" scares the shit out of them while for me, it's what I love to do most.

As to the thought of settling down, it has crossed my mind a few times but as soon as I remind myself of what that would entail, I realize that I'm not ready for this (not sure whether I'll ever be ready for that...).

My tale is very similar to those in ties previous two posts.

Though I have a main squeeze now with some long term plans to secure the bloodline. This does a lot to take away the heat on family gatherings. Still the noise regarding marriage is still deafening.

Time to get new friends.

A lot of my own friends are on lock-down, so I'm going to start assembling a new set. Those old cats are getting put out to pasture. I'll still visit them, but they've moved into semi-retired mode in my book.

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

My family gave up on me settling a long time ago. The best way to get them off your back is to get into an LTR with a complete psycho. After that they are content with me being world-wide whore, and not bringing another locust swarm home.

It just took me by surprise yesterday that I'm running solo...dolo. lol. In fact, seeing my friends settle fuels my desire to continue this lifestyle. Just the thought of another ltr turns my stomach. I almost have a panic over it.

Just remember the 3 F's of a playa:

Find'em, Fuck'em, Forget'em.

Quote: (11-29-2011 09:59 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

My family gave up on me settling a long time ago. The best way to get them off your back is to get into an LTR with a complete psycho. After that they are content with me being world-wide whore, and not bringing another locust swarm home.

It just took me by surprise yesterday that I'm running solo...dolo. lol. In fact, seeing my friends settle fuels my desire to continue this lifestyle. Just the thought of another ltr turns my stomach. I almost have a panic over it.

Just remember the 3 F's of a playa:

Find'em, Fuck'em, Forget'em.
They come back in waves. This won't be the last time you are the last man standing. I see guys I grew up with going on their second turn.

This shit is not for everybody, some dudes just don't have the staying power. When asked why I never got married sometimes I say that I'm un-pussywhipable.

Misandry and shitty divorce laws aside, do you ever wonder about the purpose of life and what you're meant to do on the planet? Not saying that in order to have a meaningful life, one must get married and procreate, but obviously you've figured out that's not you, so what is the overarching goal then?

Quote: (11-29-2011 10:41 AM)ao85 Wrote:  

Misandry and shitty divorce laws aside, do you ever wonder about the purpose of life and what you're meant to do on the planet? Not saying that in order to have a meaningful life, one must get married and procreate, but obviously you've figured out that's not you, so what is the overarching goal then?

You think marriage could fill in your existential needs? That's a huge mistake.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Quote: (11-28-2011 10:05 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Today brought a realization. I'm the last of my friends to remain single and without offspring. Some of my mates would give anything to roll but are married with familial obligations, or divorced and in the financial vortex as a result.

I'm 35 and still going strong. The world is my oyster, but this road gets lonely at times. The further down it you go, the more distant you'll become to those that chose matrimony, your nucleus family, and even the life you may have lived previous.

My question is: How many of your friends are still traveling with you? Do you ever feel the burden of solitude? Or worse, ever get the notion to drop the pack and settle?

Do you get shit from co-workers for not being married?

I live in the South, and if I was unmarried at your age I would probably get a lot of questions about why and suspicions about being gay.

Also, as you get older, fewer and fewer guys are going to be available to roll with you because priorities change as you get older. I doubt that when you are in your 40's or 50's you're going to find it easier. I guess just get used to rolling dolo and find interesting hobbies.

The player lifestyle is definitely not for everyone.

Quote: (11-28-2011 11:46 AM)Tuthmosis Wrote:  

Time to get new friends.

A lot of my own friends are on lock-down, so I'm going to start assembling a new set. Those old cats are getting put out to pasture. I'll still visit them, but they've moved into semi-retired mode in my book.

My best old school have settled but did their time in the trenches; traveling the world chasing pussy. They live vicariously through me now and don't give me shit for still rocking the free world. It's the one's that preach to me their lifestyle that I start deleting off facebook.

Quote: (11-29-2011 10:05 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

They come back in waves. This won't be the last time you are the last man standing. I see guys I grew up with going on their second turn.

This shit is not for everybody, some dudes just don't have the staying power. When asked why I never got married sometimes I say that I'm un-pussywhipable.

Naaa. Most dudes I see get divorced, swear it won't happen again, then fucking propose to the first piece off ass they hit afterwards. It's like some dudes are codependant on bitches. Must not have been breastfed or something.

Quote: (11-29-2011 04:26 PM)Easy E Wrote:  

Do you get shit from co-workers for not being married?

I live in the South, and if I was unmarried at your age I would probably get a lot of questions about why and suspicions about being gay.

Also, as you get older, fewer and fewer guys are going to be available to roll with you because priorities change as you get older. I doubt that when you are in your 40's or 50's you're going to find it easier. I guess just get used to rolling dolo and find interesting hobbies.

The player lifestyle is definitely not for everyone.

Typical convo in small Southern town:

Her: Sooooo, you're 33, never married, and no kids?
Me: Yes, and I'm not gay.
Her: Lol. I know your not gay, but.....

Here's the fucked up thing about our society. Women, on average, would choose a dude with an ex, snotty nosed stupid offspring, alimony, child support, emotional issues, and a shitty rental with matching jalopy. WTF?

I don't plan on trying to be a playa in my 50's, fo sho! Not sure how that's gonna play out but though.

my younger brother is on the borderline of a divorce.. don't wanna get too personal here. married a dumb 19 year old bitch, ha.

it really doesn't help my world view.

i have yet to see a girl in her 20s (let's say birth date 1980-19xx) who doesn't:

- get fat
- cut her hair
- act a fool
- start the controlling manipulation
- stops blowing

around month 2-3 in the marriage.

it happened to me, but luckily i was able to manage a quickie uncontested divorce.

i can't really imagine not being the last man standing now. how can i get excited about getting married when every girl i see trips as soon as she "has you locked down"

it's like all the effort/trying goes out the window!

Quote: (11-29-2011 02:24 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Fair point, but if not kids, then what else?

Yes, I am the last man. I still keep going because I love it when the haters I know get jealous. Some of my hitched friends talk about coming along but they are too locked down for that to happen. I am older and yes travelling solo is the only way to go, I play by my rules.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Definitely the last man standing as well at the age of 37; and I would not have it any other way!

Mixx

18, none of my friends have gotten hitched.

My oldest friend is 33 and I don't think he's gonna settle down soon either. He's a big playa who had a former engagment that went bad. Right now he's focusing on his career and keeps a few fuck buddies around.

He was telling me some horror stories about married dudes and their wives cheating on them.

Marriage doesn't look appealing to me, maybe when I'm 40 or 41 at the earliest.

Quote: (12-02-2011 05:52 PM)ao85 Wrote:  

Fair point, but if not kids, then what else?

Let me answer your question this way:

If you had kids, what would you teach them? Where would you take them?

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

Ouch. Deep.

Learn to live in the void of existence. Create meaning out of meaninglessness. Learn to live the questions, and stop seeking the answers.

Follow your own path, listen to your inner voice.

Their is plenty of people/institutions that will try to sell out a project on how to live life. If you live according to the scripts that are given to you, you'll just be repeating what many before you have done, instead of following your own original path.

The pressure to "fit in" probably gets stronger with age. Usually what people do is either stick to the script or react against it... still, they have the "script" as a reference point... instead of just "being", living creatively, which is MUCH harder.

Live creatively, make life a work of art.

Geez, I'm a bit tipsy, but yeah, that's what I have to say...

Quote: (12-03-2011 01:05 AM)Amour Fou Wrote:  

Ouch. Deep.

Learn to live in the void of existence. Create meaning out of meaninglessness. Learn to live the questions, and stop seeking the answers.

Follow your own path, listen to your inner voice.

Their is plenty of people/institutions that will try to sell out a project on how to live life. If you live according to the scripts that are given to you, you'll just be repeating what many before you have done, instead of following your own original path.

The pressure to "fit in" probably gets stronger with age. Usually what people do is either stick to the script or react against it... still, they have the "script" as a reference point... instead of just "being", living creatively, which is MUCH harder.

Live creatively, make life a work of art.

Geez, I'm a bit tipsy, but yeah, that's what I have to say...

Good stuff. In the whole anti-marriage meme on this forum (which I agree with, I know the laws and society are stacked against marriage minded men) there isn't really discussion about people marrying to procreate because they see procreation as an end goal in life (which it has been for most of human civilization) and what will therefore replace it if alot of us go down the path of marriage rejection.

33 and last man standing in my group.Listening to these suckers try to preach about the joys of marriage to me makes me want to reach for the chunder bucket.

They are clearly unhappy with their low quality partners and want to try to drag me into their misery to make themselves feel better.

Aint gonna happen.Got some great trips planned for 2012.

I get a few snide comments from friends partners about not settling down.It's obvious my pussy whipped mates have been mocking my lifestyle choices with their wives in a sad attempt to get a few scraps of fanny thrown their way.Pathetic.

Quote: (11-28-2011 10:05 AM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Yeah, I feel a little bit alone every day. I can see why a lot of people get married and settle down.

Personally I don't think it's bad game to have a wife and kids somewhere. I always joke at the bar that I have a wife and kids back in El Paso and they have to pay for my drink so I can send them giro postales. The girls always think that's "unusually interesting".

Quick Edit: Shit guys, sorry I bumped a zombie thread.

My best friend has been in an LTR with a girl for about 14 months, he'll probably marry her, she's a pretty cool girl though this guy has game and I suspect does cheat on her.

Another friend is married to an average-looking girl who since the wedding has put on at least 20 lbs., but he's one of these upstanding yuppie robots that society wants to churn out.

Another I have no idea about, though he's probably the biggest simp I know.

Another is about 22 now and I doubt he's ever even been laid, best shot was with a girl that I ganked from him in spectacular fashion.

Another ropes from LTR to LTR with fat girls.

Another has been dating the same girl for 5 years, but I do not know if they're married.

Another is probably going to marry a girl who has had at least 3 of our crew's cocks (mine included) inside her. Sad part is this guy has all the tools and no toolbox to slaughter mad ass.

A female friend got married two years ago to the guy who knocked her up after spending the better part of her twenties slutting it up, decent lay, 7/10, would bang again.

So no, I am not the last man standing, but I probably will be, and my family will wonder when I plan to settle down, all my married friends, with wives who gain two dress sizes every calendar year, will be jealous.

EDIT: And it's funny that I was actually thinking of this the other day. For me to get married, two things need to happen; first, divorce laws need to be totally overhauled, and second, I have to meet the right girl. Chinese girls are nice (they're skinny, they dress nice, they can cook, they treat you like a king and they're sweet), but they also have problems (bodies are skinny but boobs and ass are meh and they cease maturing emotionally beyond the age of six). If I got married, I'd like a 75-25 mix of the good Chinese and good Western girl traits; a girl who treats me well, is skinny, dresses nice and cooks, but also isn't afraid to instigate sex, is as mature as a 16 year old (which is roughly where Western girls stop), doesn't mind planning activities and has first-world hygiene and grooming.

Still proudly standing at the last free man in my circle. After being to China and the Phils again, it only reinforced even more my desire not to settle down anytime soon. And when I do "settle down", it will be in Asia where the laws are fair and pro men and when the women are women and know how to take care of her man. Whenever I get asked about what am I waiting for, I'll just laugh and change the topic or if they really insist, I'll tell them straight up that I am a butterfly and will laugh even more at their shocked reaction. [Image: banana.gif]

I'm a bit young to be a last-man-standing, but worryingly, there has been a spate of engagements occuring within my social circle. I imagine this is a prelude to me having a lot of nights where I'm told, "You should start looking for a girl who you can settle down and move in with."

Buddy of mine just got divorced. He has this weird thing...he won't tell me how old he is. He's Korean so I can't tell...the dude could pass for 25 but I know he's at least 35 or so. Anyway he's back and more energetic than ever. As Emech said, some guys make a comeback.

I have other friends who have settled down and I have no hope for these guys. In the words of Bill Maher...these guys were Stallions back in the day. We ran free, used girls like playthings, drank, smoked weed, stayed up until sunrise partying. Now they're fatter, dumber, slower, and they lost their spark.

I'd rather be dead. If I have to spend 1000 lonely, desperate nights, drinking with my cat, just the two of us, listening to Beethoven, I'd consider myself lucky than face the alternative of a committed, "normal" lifestyle.

"...so I gave her an STD, and she STILL wanted to bang me."

TEAM NO APPS

TEAM PINK

By the way it's becoming normal to be single in your 40s. You guys have a fuckfest on the horizon and you don't even know yet. I'm always asked about my divorce but when I say I was never married it takes girls back. They get a little nervous. After about an hour the smart ones know that I have hyper advanced social skills. They want to pull back but can't. So my advice here is to stick with it and it'll rain pussy for life.