rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Dallas or Houston?

Dallas or Houston?

I have a job offer and I can either head to the company's Dallas or Houston offices.

I have been to both cities, but only briefly, so I don't have a good feel for either. I currently live in Austin, but I am not going to be able to stay much longer. I can say that I currently like Houston more than Dallas, but only slightly. I kind of hate both cities, but the crap economy means I can't be too picky about where I work.

Anyone lived in both cities? Can you discuss pros/cons of both cities?

There aren't really any data sheets (no surprise) for Dallas or Houston, so hopefully someone can expand on both or either one more.

Thanks.

In the meantime, I am going to be drinking myself stupid on 6th Street in preparation for my move in a couple months.

Dallas or Houston?

Quote: (10-25-2011 05:38 PM)Easy E Wrote:  

I have a job offer and I can either head to the company's Dallas or Houston offices.

I have been to both cities, but only briefly, so I don't have a good feel for either. I currently live in Austin, but I am not going to be able to stay much longer. I can say that I currently like Houston more than Dallas, but only slightly. I kind of hate both cities, but the crap economy means I can't be too picky about where I work.

There aren't really any data sheets (no surprise) for Dallas or Houston, so hopefully someone can expand on both or either one more.

Thanks.

In the meantime, I am going to be drinking myself stupid on 6th Street in preparation for my move in a couple months.

Know both cities well, specific bars...you're on your own sorry.

Dallas is a better city but the people are stuck up beyond belief. Land of $20,000 millionaires.

Houston an uglier city but people are more chill and care less about going into massive amounts of debt to look cool.

Dallas probably has better looking girls but both are good.

Weather sucks in both. Job market good in both. Traffic sucks in both.

Personally i prefer Houston bc of stuck up snob issue in Big D.

Both cities hate each other so what you hear will vary depending on who you talk to. Ask people from Austin for an objective opinion.

Dallas or Houston?

or better yet drive to both, spend a night or two bouncing around and talking to people, and make your decision that way

Dallas or Houston?

Quote:Quote:

Ask people from Austin for an objective opinion.

When I ask people from Austin which is better, Dallas or Houston, they always say: Both kind of suck.

The thing I like about Austin is that is pretty easy to get laid here. You could work as a pizza delivery guy and still get laid by cute girls if you are decent looking and know people.

Conversely, I have been to the "Uptown" part of Dallas and most of the girls there seem suck up. They immediately want to know what you do for a living. Granted, I am not broke, but still...kind of sucks. The Dallas girls seem like they are "husband shopping" whereas Austin girls are generally DTF (if they find you attractive).

Dallas or Houston?

Quote: (10-25-2011 06:16 PM)Brian Wrote:  

or better yet drive to both, spend a night or two bouncing around and talking to people, and make your decision that way

Yeah, that is really the only way to tell.

Be thankful that they are near you and you don't have to choose between Ulan Bator, Mongolia and Morombe, Madagascar or something.

That would raise the cost of your travels in checking them both out.

Dallas or Houston?

yep that is Dallas. One night i was wearing a T-shit at a bar and a girl's purse fell on the ground (she didn't notice), so i picked it up and gave it to her and said your purse fell you need to be careful . Her reponse "i don't talk to people without a college education" and then she turned around.

I despise people in Dallas.

Dallas or Houston?

Quote: (10-25-2011 05:38 PM)Easy E Wrote:  

Thanks.

Its been a few years since I was in Texas for both NBA all star games. I In my opinion Houston had way more choice of girls, However, the the hotness rating of woman in Dallas is crazy. So its your choice - quality over quantity.

Personally, I would live in Houston considering that there are way more things to do during the weeknights as opposed to Dallas.

ps. I almost got married in Dallas

Dallas or Houston?

Problem is I would have to spend more than a night or two in either since the nightlife is spread out in both cities.

I was hoping someone had a data sheet on both or either one.

Oh, well. If I don't drink myself to death, I will bust out a data sheet for either when I move. Don't know if it will help anyone though.

Dallas or Houston?

Quote: (10-25-2011 06:27 PM)redneckpunk Wrote:  

yep that is Dallas. One night i was wearing a T-shit at a bar and a girl's purse fell on the ground (she didn't notice), so i picked it up and gave it to her and said your purse fell you need to be careful . Her reponse "i don't talk to people without a college education" and then she turned around.

WOW,

I would have cussed her cunt ass out!

Dallas or Houston?

Its been a few years since I was in Texas for both NBA all star games. I In my opinion Houston had way more choice of girls, However, the the hotness rating of woman in Dallas is crazy. So its your choice - quality over quantity.

Yeah, Dallas does have some real hotties, but overall the city is full of fat people since everything is fried...seriously, they deep-fry sticks of butter at the Texas State Fair. The only bangable chicks I saw were in their late teens & early twenties.

Dallas or Houston?

Heard nothing but bad things about Dallas. P.s. you can't ask Austin people which city is better. They truly believe their city is the only one worth a shit in Texas while everyone else in TX laughs at them trying so hard to be cool.

Dallas or Houston?

Quote: (10-25-2011 07:15 PM)houston Wrote:  

Heard nothing but bad things about Dallas. P.s. you can't ask Austin people which city is better. They truly believe their city is the only one worth a shit in Texas while everyone else in TX laughs at them trying so hard to be cool.

Austin is a pretty cool little city. Some of the hipsters here take themselves way too seriously, but overall it is a cool city. Kind of reminds me of California.

Are you from Houston? Do you know good bars to go to find college-aged white girls in Houston?

I've been briefly to Houston, but everything is so spread out that it would take weeks to seriously explore the bars in Houston.

Dallas or Houston?

The suckage of either city can probably be mitigated if you live somewhere close to a college. I am guessing that would be easier in Dallas.

Dallas or Houston?

try midtown in Houston...never been so don't blame me if it sucks but I HEARD is was good.

Hippies used to ruin Austin now hipsters ruin it. can't wait to see what group of losers will ruin it in 2020 and beyond.

@ Houston
Spot on about the attitude of Austin. They love to claim to be open minded....but if you are closed minded then they hate you....so doesn't that mean you're not open minded?

Dallas or Houston?

Holy fuck. I would have destroyed that cunt's soul, and ate her feelings with a side of fava beans. AFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFAFA.

Dallas or Houston?

Easy E - yep Austin is a laid back city with hardly any crime. You can shut the fuck up if you move there and all of a sudden want to talk shit about other parts of Texas like we're backwards cities (not you but u know what I mean). I gurantee those liberal hipsters are terrfiied when they make it out here and see all the brown and black people ya feel me? Love minorities as long as they're not near them. Best concentration of bars for college bars would be midtown and washington probably. Plenty of other bars and strips scattered around town but u will need to drive.

Redneckpunk - u already know. Its hard to explain unless you're a Texan.

This is a good article tearing Austin up and explaining how and when it started going downhill. You'll like this redneckpunk
http://www.houstonpress.com/2011-06-09/n...ng-austin/

Dallas or Houston?

I'm not from Texas, but have been in Austin for the last 4 years. Definitely not like the rest of Texas.

Dallas or Houston?

So people who wear T-shirts at bars don't have a college education by default?

Wow, I never knew that. [Image: lol.gif]

Mixx

Dallas or Houston?

I've never been to either but had friends in Cali that lived in both and they all said that Houston was the better place to be.

Dallas or Houston?

Doesnt Houston have more latinas?

I think that should answer your question.

Atleast it would for me

Dallas or Houston?

both around 35% hispanic.

Dallas or Houston?

Looks like I am going to be heading to Houston...although I am still trying to find a job here in Austin, so who knows.

The one good thing about Houston is there are a lot of young white chicks in Houston...bad thing is that they tend to be more conservative and not as easy to get into bed. Also, the girls get married pretty young in Houston, so long-term it is not a good place to be since I am not going to be young and be able to hit on college-age girls forever.

Oh, well.

Dallas or Houston?

Quote: (11-12-2011 06:19 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Doesnt Houston have more latinas?

I think that should answer your question.

Atleast it would for me

I don't really like latinas, especially the hoodrat type of latinas that are so prevalent in most major US cities in the Southwest.

It is kind of funny that I don't like latinas considering that I am Mexican, but I like what I like. Can't help it.

Dallas or Houston?

I have lived in both cities (as well as Austin). Here's my take:

I think Dallas is a better spot for a young professional. The nightlife in Houston is spread out all over town, whereas in Dallas I felt you could pick a certain area and spend the whole night there. I've heard that Washington Street in Houston has become a hotspot similar to 6th street in Austin.

I think job prospects are probably better in Houston. There's more industry, especially oil. There is high-end finance / law stuff in both cities, but I think Houston presents more opportunity for everything.

I imagine that demographics in both cities are similar although I think in Houston you get more of an eclectic mix everywhere, whereas Dallas felt segregated.

Houston is cheaper. And like another poster said, you do see a TON (seriously) of guido 20k millionaires running around. I remember I went to a Target one time and passed by 8 BMWs in a row in the parking lot. Houston seems more laid back in this regard.

I think if I had to pick one or the other, I'd pick Dallas.

Dallas or Houston?

Quote: (11-14-2011 07:15 AM)Peoloom Wrote:  

I think if I had to pick one or the other, I'd pick Dallas.

I'll be in Dallas in 3 weeks. Can you give us a full data sheet and your best strategies for pulling lays? I'll also be stopping by Austin.

Mixx