rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Friend With Benefits Death Etiquette

Tonight I found out about the untimely passing of a girl I've been banging.

Out of respect, I will keep this post as clean as possible. This is really bothering me, so please do not mistake my candor for coldness.

The relationship was strictly sexual. Thinking about it, I figure I got together with her on 7 separate occasions. The last time was two Thursdays ago.

She and I had no real emotional connection. I'd known her about 4 months. We had sex within 4 hours of meeting. Because of that, and her incredible fellatio abilities I had the feeling that although she was only 23, she'd she'd been around the block, and I treated her accordingly. After our initial meeting the sex sessions we had were very hard. She seemed to really enjoy them, so I believe our relationship was certainly mutually pleasurable.

I'm sure some of you have dealt with similar situations. There are two things I am concerned about, and I hope you guys can give me some advice:

1)I kept the communication completely sexual. The last time I talked to her was this past Thursday. We talked about getting together when she was off work at 2 a.m. By then, however, I had found another girl to sleep with. I ignored her call, but did send a sexually charged text message. She answered back quickly, and said we would get together the next night, at which time she would be performing oral sex upon me.

Friday night I called her at 11 p.m. I assumed she was busy working but left a voice mail that referenced the promise she made the night before. After not hearing from her by about 2:30 I called again, this time with some booze in my system. That message was extremely explicit. I reminded her of the powerful orgasms I'd induced via conventional and anal sex, and expressed my interest in doing this again. Early the next night I left one more that clearly referenced her job as an Exotic Dancer.

All of these calls rang multiple times before the voice mail kicked in, leading me to believe the phone was on. I know I left my first name in all three calls. In the 2:30 a.m. call I left my other cell phone number because the battery on the normal one was gonna run out.

Tonight I learned that while swimming, an aneurysm ruptured in her brain and she drowned early Friday morning.

She was from the mainland, and had moved to Hawaii several years ago to go to college. She gave up on that, and took up dancing. During the limited conversations she and I had, I know she was leading her parents to believe she was still in school. They were not at all aware of her job, which she said they would seriously frown upon.

A friend of hers, who I called, talked to her dad today. Her body will be sent to her hometown tomorrow. She rented the pool house of a decent size owner-occupied home. She was swimming in that pool at the time of her death. The owner of the house is making arrangements to have her belongings packed and shipped later in the week.

Do you guys think the phone company would be able to give her parents access to her voice mails? Would it immediately become their property and the could just call in and change the code? I called Verizon and they said they couldn't until a death certificate was present, but you never know if they have a cop or a lawyer call?

I just called the phone from a blocked prepaid and it still rings all the way through, and it's still her voice on the greeting. I've been to the place she lived to bang her, and right when we were done she hooked her phone to the charger. I left when she fell asleep at about 5 a.m. Since she was up swimming early, and its still on, I bet that thing is still sitting there attached to the charger.

I don't want to talk about illegal activities, but what do you guys think if I just go over in a couple of hours and explain the situation to the homeowner, and see if they'll let me go in and delete my voice mail?

2) Should I do something for her family?

Regardless of anything these people lost their daughter. On top of that their finding out about her dancing and having to hear about all that shit. This is Hawaii, someone needs to send them a little Aloha.

Should I send flowers to the funeral? Let's say they do listen to the messages. Do they really want to see a big bouquet from the guy on their daughter's phone calling her a slut and telling her to get over here and suck my dick after she's freaking dead?

Her friend I talked to tonight said that at some point the girls (and probably their shitbag boyfriends in their goddamn ghetto drift cars) from the club would get together and have a little memorial party. This girl was above those people, and I refuse to go to some shitty barbeque with a bunch of strippers in the daytime to honor her. That's an insult.

Maybe I'll offer to have the party at my house? She wasn't working at the classiest of places, but did for a year. I wouldn't mind having those girls over, but even the classiest dancers are a different animal in the daytime. Do I want a bunch of strippers and their shitbag boyfriends parking their Nissan Sentras with loud exhausts on my grass? Then knowing where I live on top of that?

What if I go get a money order and make it out to the girl herself or "to the family of" and send it to her parents in a sympathy card I don't sign with no return address?

Is the best thing to do to just say fuck it and just forget about the messages, flowers, and party and just keep my mouth shut and my thoughts to myself???

Mahalo in advance for your advice. I really don't know what to do, and I can't sleep over it.

Aloha!

Quote:Quote:

Is the best thing to do to just say fuck it and just forget about the messages, flowers, and party and just keep my mouth shut and my thoughts to myself???

This. ^

I would completely remove myself from the situation entirely.

My advice is to stay out of it, because getting dragged in could be far more trouble than it's worth just to be honorable. The more you involved yourself (trying to get into the apartment, sending flowers, etc.) the deeper this hole will go. I'd also ignore any phone numbers you don't know for a few months.

It's what I would do, not necessarily the "good" thing to do. You were FWB's, not in a relationship.

Vice-Captain - #TeamWaitAndSee

Quote: (10-18-2011 10:02 AM)Kona Wrote:  

I don't want to talk about illegal activities, but what do you guys think if I just go over in a couple of hours and explain the situation to the homeowner, and see if they'll let me go in and delete my voice mail?
I would try. Be completely up front with the homeowner, it's clear you're just trying to help her parents remember her fondly. Beg them to watch and listen to what you're deleting (explain the nature of the voicemails) if they're inclined. It's a delicate situation but if they have human feelings they can be swayed.

2) Should I do something for her family?

Regardless of anything these people lost their daughter. On top of that their finding out about her dancing and having to hear about all that shit. This is Hawaii, someone needs to send them a little Aloha.

Should I send flowers to the funeral? Let's say they do listen to the messages. Do they really want to see a big bouquet from the guy on their daughter's phone calling her a slut and telling her to get over here and suck my dick after she's freaking dead?

Her friend I talked to tonight said that at some point the girls (and probably their shitbag boyfriends in their goddamn ghetto drift cars) from the club would get together and have a little memorial party. This girl was above those people, and I refuse to go to some shitty barbeque with a bunch of strippers in the daytime to honor her. That's an insult.

Maybe I'll offer to have the party at my house? She wasn't working at the classiest of places, but did for a year. I wouldn't mind having those girls over, but even the classiest dancers are a different animal in the daytime. Do I want a bunch of strippers and their shitbag boyfriends parking their Nissan Sentras with loud exhausts on my grass? Then knowing where I live on top of that?

What if I go get a money order and make it out to the girl herself or "to the family of" and send it to her parents in a sympathy card I don't sign with no return address?

Don't host a party for her stripper friends. If the parents have to meet them then I'm sure they'd like you better, but chances are they will have a small private funeral.

Hope it works out

@kona: I think being freaked out about this--understandably, because it's crazy--is affecting your judgment. You didn't do anything wrong (calling up a chick and telling her to come over and suck your dick isn't illegal--yet). Her death is an open-and-shut case and no one is going to be coming after you, or anyone, for anything. Let it go, use it as a reminder of how you never know when your day is going to come, and move on. Not to sound insensitive but, unless you intend to bang her friends, I wouldn't get involved with her network.

Sending flowers or attending services would definitely get you plugged into her friend circle. If you want to just sever the connection, don't do those things. If you plan on leveraging your previous connection, none of us would judge you for "picking up the pieces."

Tuthmosis Twitter | IRT Twitter

I second Gmac. This is a sudden and tragic death, no doubt. It sounds like it has had an emotional impact on you, which is perfectly normal, given that you actually knew and spent time with this person. But don't let any feelings of mortality guide your actions now. You both had fun, so leave it at that. Let her family grieve as they will. Catch a wave in her memory.

You didn't do anything wrong and you have nothing to make up for. You had know way of knowing that she would die.

If you want some closure for yourself you could visit her grave, put flowers on it or light a candle. No need to get involved with her friends or make things more confusing for her parents by getting involved.

Chances are no one will listen to her voicemails since there's nothing to be gained by that.

"A flower can not remain in bloom for years, but a garden can be cultivated to bloom throughout seasons and years." - xsplat

I wouldn't do anything. Odds are no one is going to even listen to her voicemails.

Holy shit dude, that's crazy. I'm with Roosh and Gmac. You're probably better off just leaving it alone.

Sincerely sorry for your loss. Your explanation reveals that you are a man of some character; no small thing.

If it were me, I would not tamper with her phone. If found out it would raise the question 'what is he so concerned about?'. That could expose you more than you might care for.

Enjoy the memories, be assured that life is transient, grieve in your own fashion and move on.

I can't believe so many people are saying to do nothing. What a sad world. Where is the compassion?

Some of the replies in this thread remind me of this hit-and-run.

Kona, I would send an anonymous gift to the parents - but no money. Money will not bring their daughter back. Some nice roses, with a card that reads:

"I am sorry for your loss and wish you God's strength to continue without (her name here). Her time was too brief in this world, and, for the short time I knew her, she was a lovely woman who inspired us all. May you find peace knowing that your daughter is in a better place.

Sincerely,

An anonymous admirer."

This is the best you could do in this situation.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

What a story!

Can you get into the house and get your hands on that phone? Maybe just ask the owner and tell him why. He might understand. Tell him its for the good of the parents.

@kona: I also suggest staying away from the matter. The verizon website says: that they don't keep messages for more than 21 days. That might help.

My condolences brother. Let the situation run it's course.

i'd try and get ahold of the phone but do it thru the owner. if its basically clear and obvious how she died and there is no suspicion of foul play and no possible way you can get yourself into trouble i'd at least ask.

I agree with Gmac -- do nothing. If you try to access her phone it might arouse unnecessary suspicion and cause more of an issue for you and her parents than need be.
You honor her life by keeping her in your thoughts and remembering the fun times you spent together.
My condolences and best wishes to you and her family.

Would edit my post to say Samseau has the best answer but alas, I cannot.

Definitely do not try to mess with the phone, and stay away from her friends.
It looks really suspicious when someone suddenly dies and then someone wants to delete messages from her phone.
Not only might raise suspicion of foul play, but also other illegal activity.

Also, my company makes me password protect voicemail, if someone bypasses that and listens to the sexual messages they have only themselves to blame.

No one will probably even try to listen to the messages, they've got other problems to worry about.

Sending an anonymous gift would be nice for you, but might baffle the parents and make the deceased look shady.

Remember you seemed to have been part of a life she didn't want them to know about.

Anonymous gifts would be uber creepy in this situation.

Quote: (11-03-2011 03:10 AM)P Dog Wrote:  

Anonymous gifts would be uber creepy in this situation.

Yea I think anonymous would be creepy. You could just send roses or a gift saying who you are, a guy who dated their daughter though.

You don't send money or gifts to the parents of someone who died. Some families will say in lieu of flowers, etc. send money to a charity. I don't think it's a problem for you to send a card expressing your condolences, and saying that their daughter was an acquaintence. You don't have to include a return address or anything. That way you will feel better about doing the decent thing, but remain largely anonymous. I'm pretty sure you were something of a secret to anyone that knew her, so you can remain that way.

"The best kind of pride is that which compels a man to do his best when no one is watching."

I was away recently and had no internet to use, but thought about how I never updated this thread I started.

Thanks, of course, for all of the advice. For a few days I was worried that Lenny from Law and Order was gonna be knocking on my door.

Nothing became of it.

I did send a flower basket to the funeral home, but never received a thank you note or anything.

Quote: (10-18-2011 02:52 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Can you get into the house and get your hands on that phone? Maybe just ask the owner and tell him why. He might understand. Tell him its for the good of the parents.

The phone was what really worried me. But that was taken care of also. I didn't have to show my face anywhere. I don't know if what I did was completely legal, but it made me think of this right here:

May she rest in peace.

Aloha!

Quote: (10-18-2011 10:24 AM)Gmac Wrote:  

This. ^

I would completely remove myself from the situation entirely.

My advice is to stay out of it, because getting dragged in could be far more trouble than it's worth just to be honorable. The more you involved yourself (trying to get into the apartment, sending flowers, etc.) the deeper this hole will go. I'd also ignore any phone numbers you don't know for a few months.

It's what I would do, not necessarily the "good" thing to do. You were FWB's, not in a relationship.

Ditto. No good deed goes unpunished. The most you should do is send an anonymous note to the person who has access to the phone explainig the situation and asking them to delete the messages.