rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What effect does your individual look have when taking pro photos for online game?

What effect does your individual look have when taking pro photos for online game?

There are a lot of good threads from times old on the issue of how to wisely present yourself in photos for online gaming, but I didn’t see a whole lot in talking about the different biases or attractions we get depending on how people perceive your looks.

For instance, in the most detailed thread I recall, we were able to see how even a respectfully non-handsome Steve Buscemi was able to look great in his photos because it fused the elements complementing his best features, minimising his worst, and conveying an emotion from the clothing, setting, pose, and etc. that intrigues.

What I didn’t see much of was how to manoeuvre around the different biases we will inevitably convey for reasons mostly beyond our control (race, etc) , and the kind of looks that might be less complementary to one man of a perceived attractiveness over another in making any particular pose in any particular backdrop.

When considering the feedback i’ve received over the years whether it be from friends, family, exes, online (social media, photo feeler, etc.), they often suggest I would be better off actually smilng in my photos and making eye contact at or in close proximity to the camera. Personally, I don’t like smiling in my pictures because it’s difficult for me to do that without being caught in a genuine moment. I’m willing to give it a chance whenever I hook up with the professional photographer (to hopefully get 3-5 digital images), but it’s just counterintuitive to me for reasons i’m sure many other share.

Part of what I think might be holding me back in my online date pictures is 1. Not having professional photos, obviously; i’m doing something about that, though. And 2. When I look like my usual brooding self, I somehow seem less approachable than if it’s Steve Buscemi, holding all other factors equal. But when I look “friendlier”, I seem to look less like a creepy weirdo than if it was Steve Buscemi.

On Photo Feeler, I tested several of my pictures, and even my shitty selfies with a camera phone was able to score 87% in the attractiveness category. I was saying i’m a 30 yr old male, and I had women of any age serve as the test subjects. I could be wrong, but i’m guessing I might not be that far off from finally getting this right for once in my life, hence, hoping if anybody had some wisdom to share on the subject.

I could also be overthinking this, but I just have this nagging suspicion that some of our universal truths to attraction may need to contain a footnote stressing a need of being wary of too much rigidity in our application of any particular rule/tip.

Quote: (12-14-2018 10:32 PM)RespectivePerspective Wrote:  

I could also be overthinking this

Yes.

Get the photos. Try out a bunch of different poses, facial expressions, outfits, and scenarios.

Make sure you read up on Peter Hurley's "The Squinch" and "The Jaw", and maintain good tongue posture.

Split test and see what works best.

The most important thing is to be congruent in all of your pictures. Don't look like a serious business man in one, a dirty Hells Angels guy in another and a smiling prettyboy in the third. Try to create an identity/niche that fits your personality and keep that theme for all pics.

Quote: (12-15-2018 08:48 AM)Jozi Wrote:  

The most important thing is to be congruent in all of your pictures. Don't look like a serious business man in one, a dirty Hells Angels guy in another and a smiling prettyboy in the third. Try to create an identity/niche that fits your personality and keep that theme for all pics.

Well said, and I think it’s easy to overlook this detail if one isn’t careful. I’ve been tempted in the past to want to showcase too wide a range of interests in the set and setting of my dating pics, thinking that this would show depth in my character.

But for somebody who doesn’t know you, looking like a scatterbrained jack of all trades may distort how your general disposition is perceived, if you hadn’t already been institutionalised.

It could be me but I feel like professional photos look too try hard from either gender. The exception being if you are an actual paid model, then maybe have ONE on your tinder. I've done best with just normal pics with friends, family, and dog where I look good. No selfies should be a given. Obviously if you have model looks you can use a professional photo and pretend to be a paid model. If you're an average dude like me, girls would think I went out of my way to take online photos to look good on Tinder, and that isn't a good look.

Quote: (12-15-2018 10:27 PM)Aenema Wrote:  

It could be me but I feel like professional photos look too try hard from either gender. The exception being if you are an actual paid model, then maybe have ONE on your tinder. I've done best with just normal pics with friends, family, and dog where I look good. No selfies should be a given. Obviously if you have model looks you can use a professional photo and pretend to be a paid model. If you're an average dude like me, girls would think I went out of my way to take online photos to look good on Tinder, and that isn't a good look.

The idea is you take a "professional" photo in a way that doesn't look like a professional photo.

Are you saying that you’ve tested both (pro photos and your normal pics), and that your normal pics outperformed your professional photos?

Unless you’ve tried both, while controlling for all other variables, it doesn’t sound as if this was a conclusion based upon any empiricism. While there’s nothing inherently wrong in having a bias against the use of professional photos, it would help to know if you just arbitrarily preferred your normal photos as a conscientious objector to what you perceive as being try-hard, or if it was the girls and their response (or non-response) to one over the other that gave you clarity on the issue.

Yeah I agree it's try hard, but the forum is convinced on them. No way would I consider using professional photos, or even ever having them taken.

And I also find it really unappealing if a girl has them that isn't a model. It makes me think she probably has some mental issues like narcissism, is insecure, or whatever.

Quote: (12-16-2018 05:41 AM)Kieran Wrote:  

Yeah I agree it's try hard, but the forum is convinced on them. No way would I consider using professional photos, or even ever having them taken.

And I also find it really unappealing if a girl has them that isn't a model. It makes me think she probably has some mental issues like narcissism, is insecure, or whatever.

All women are narcissists and especially on dating apps and social media. I think it's better to automatically assume every girl on Tinder is a free prostitute, and treat her as such (no matter what she says or what kind of pictures she is using). Statistics say that 90% or so of all females on Tinder have gotten laid from it, and most of it casually.

Quote: (12-16-2018 06:15 AM)Jozi Wrote:  

Quote: (12-16-2018 05:41 AM)Kieran Wrote:  

All women are narcissists and especially on dating apps and social media. I think it's better to automatically assume every girl on Tinder is a free prostitute, and treat her as such (no matter what she says or what kind of pictures she is using). Statistics say that 90% or so of all females on Tinder have gotten laid from it, and most of it casually.

Do you have a link to this statistic? 90% lay rate for women seems high, given that attention is the coin of the realm for women and they can get that without sex.

Quote: (12-16-2018 06:20 AM)N°6 Wrote:  

Do you have a link to this statistic? 90% lay rate for women seems high, given that attention is the coin of the realm for women and they can get that without sex.

Here's an article:
https://www.girlsaskguys.com/sexual-beha...mash-a-lot

So it says 240 out of 300 had sex. 80%, I was off by 10.

Anema you’re making a huge mistake if you think for one nanosecond pro pics look try hard, respectfully. That statement might have applied in 2014/15 but no way does it apply in 2018/19. You are missing out on literal hundreds of potential matches followed by potential pussy.

For myself, I live in the moment. I take virtually know selfies or pics of myself at events. Just not that interested in documenting everything. Get yourself in good shape with a nice jawline pay for pics and wait for your payday. Simple as that.

Quote: (12-16-2018 07:01 AM)Jozi Wrote:  

Here's an article:

That Pareto principle again.

Even though I am red-pilled, it still shocks to read claims that despite rejecting 250 out of a pool of 300 men, 80% of women still get laid on tinder, use it to cheat in relationships more than men do and still have spare capacity to monkeybranch to their boss or a superior at work.

Just wow.

delete

Quote: (12-16-2018 07:14 AM)quaker13 Wrote:  

Get yourself in good shape with a nice jawline pay for pics and wait for your payday. Simple as that.

I'm not against putting in the work, we do what we must do to get laid. But:

"Have a rigorously controlled diet and follow a gym program religiously for years; pay a professional photographer to take carefully constructed pictures of you (relaxed without being sloppy, cool without being try-hard); make sure to accentuate your jawline or other features that you know to be attractive to women according to the latest research; micro-manage your online presence and dating profiles to create a certain impression; then just wait for your payday! Simple as that!"

All that work so we can influence 6s to swipe right instead of left in the split second of attention they give our Tinder profiles. I immediately think of Roosh's observation about men being nothing more than clowns to the modern woman.

Quote: (12-16-2018 07:54 AM)Super Average Man Wrote:  

Get yourself in good shape with a nice jawline pay for pics and wait for your payday. Simple as that.

"Have a rigorously controlled diet and follow a gym program religiously for years; pay a professional photographer to take carefully constructed pictures of you (relaxed without being sloppy, cool without being try-hard); make sure to accentuate your jawline or other features that you know to be attractive to women according to the latest research; micro-manage your online presence and dating profiles to create a certain impression; then just wait for your payday! Simple as that!"

All that work so we can influence 6s to swipe right instead of left in the split second of attention they give our Tinder profiles. I immediately think of Roosh's observation about men being nothing more than clowns to the modern woman.

I 100% respect your cyncism, but swiping 6s isn't my reality. I put in the work career, physique and social circle and on tinder I treat the app exactly what it was and is intended for and that is hook ups. I don't swipe on anything below a 7, unless a 6 has out of this world breasts(I get weak sometimes lol). I don't even swipe on a 7 if she's too generic looking. In other words, all the women I swipe on MUST have sex appeal regardless of where they are on a 10 scale. Im not interested in wasting my time on women in bride's maid dresses, pumpkin patches or drinking beer in flannel shirt and boston redsox hats. Heels, sexy dresses, nice hair...etc that what I'm in the game for.

I have a small roster of 2- 7s, 2 - 8s and 1- 9. This roster is subject to implode at any moment because i simply don't have enough time. The 9 will likely be the first to go because she also has sugar daddy's and all I do is give her experiences. She's gonna want something tangible soon i can feel it. I say all that to say i have a queue of enthusiastic 7-9s on my tinder right this moment. That's what im in the game for. My profile is such that in the major city i live in I only swipe maybe 10 times a day, because (not to toot my own horn) i will start to get a backlog. I'm telling you my man, anything in life worth doing aint gonna be easy including being 90-99 percentile man on tinder. Do the work and GLOW the fuck up. Use these bitches like they use us.

Quote: (12-16-2018 07:42 AM)N°6 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-16-2018 07:01 AM)Jozi Wrote:  

Here's an article:

That Pareto principle again.

Even though I am red-pilled, it still shocks to read claims that despite rejecting 250 out of a pool of 300 men, 80% of women still get laid on tinder, use it to cheat in relationships more than men do and still have spare capacity to monkeybranch to their boss or a superior at work.

Just wow.

You do realize this is an anonymous post on a no-name website, right? With no actual study linked?

Quote: (12-16-2018 07:54 AM)Super Average Man Wrote:  

Tinder or not, it was never easy.

Women have always been attracted to the hardest working men, the leaders of the tribe.

You put in the work, you make something of yourself, and you have a good life.

The women are just a bonus.

Anema you’re making a huge mistake if you think for one nanosecond pro pics look try hard, respectfully. That statement might have applied in 2014/15 but no way does it apply in 2018/19. You are missing out on literal hundreds of potential matches followed by potential pussy.

For myself, I live in the moment. I take virtually know selfies or pics of myself at events. Just not that interested in documenting everything. Get yourself in good shape with a nice jawline pay for pics and wait for your payday. Simple as that.

I completely understand not wanting to take photos when you're out living your life, I'm the same and mainly rely on photos being sent to me that other people have taken.

But do you not think that being someone with a lot going for you which I assume you are from your posts, that you'd be more attractive to women with all that being shown to them, compared with posed professional pictures?

It would be impossible for me to arrange for professional photos to be taken in the settings / situations the photos I use on my tinder are in, and I really doubt that replacing these photos, which show various attractive things about me, with posed photos, would increase my matches.

If your style is all over the place i.e. biker, business man, hipster, jock, maybe have a portfolio good photos of each persona. Set up a different look on seperate platforms. Tinder, OKCupid, Bumble, POF etc. Find out which look gets you the most attention and hottest girls. Proceed to game in your most attractive persona.

Quote: (12-16-2018 02:39 PM)Kieran Wrote:  

I completely understand not wanting to take photos when you're out living your life, I'm the same and mainly rely on photos being sent to me that other people have taken.

But do you not think that being someone with a lot going for you which I assume you are from your posts, that you'd be more attractive to women with all that being shown to them, compared with posed professional pictures?

It would be impossible for me to arrange for professional photos to be taken in the settings / situations the photos I use on my tinder are in, and I really doubt that replacing these photos, which show various attractive things about me, with posed photos, would increase my matches.

Again, I think you're understanding what we mean by "professional photos". It's not going into the studio and getting a headshot done.

It's going out and living your life and having someone with a DSLR there to shoot what you're doing. The whole idea is that it's a candid look into your lifestyle.

I think 2 of my Tinder photos are posed shots, 2 of my photos are candid DSLR shots, and 2 are just normal phone photos. I feel like that's the ideal ratio.

If anything, Tinder etc. should be supplementing your game, not consisting of it. That said yeah, photos are everything in the age of Instagram, and you have a split second to get it right before the swipe. They never really read your paragraph under the old model of dating sites anyway.

Maybe it was meant differently by a previous poster, but in the general sense I don't know about women being attracted to the guy who works hardest. Plenty of betas bust their asses for years, doing "all the right things" in their work and relationship lives and nevertheless get cucked by a natural with serendipitous timing.

EDIT - I am calling bullshit on at least one part of that online survey:
Quote:Quote:

- Neither girls nor guys regretted the sex afterwards, but almost all girls like to keep it a secret, or with very close friends. Many guys liked to share their stories in detail. (not so surprising maybe)

What is not so surprising is that the female typist conveniently revised the data (if there ever was any). Guys do not share details about their encounters on nearly the same level as do women - not even close. Exhibit A:

"You go out with XYZ the other night?"
"Yeah."
"You fuck her?"
"Yep."
"Cool."

End of discussion.
And women ALWAYS tell someone about what they did. Maybe not in the same social circle, but they will tell someone.

You're all making me want to try tinder again. I admittedly haven't in maybe 2 years. Have things really changed that much? I didn't see many 8s or 9s at all. Have high quality girls really just rolled over and decided this is the best way for them to meet men?

Back when I tried: No professional pics, no selfies. Just meh quality pics of me with other people, but I looked handsome in the photos.

Quote: (12-16-2018 04:39 PM)Aenema Wrote:  

You're all making me want to try tinder again. I admittedly haven't in maybe 2 years. Have things really changed that much? I didn't see many 8s or 9s at all. Have high quality girls really just rolled over and decided this is the best way for them to meet men?

Back when I tried: No professional pics, no selfies. Just meh quality pics of me with other people, but I looked handsome in the photos.

Not sure where you live but I alternate between DC and Philly mainly, rarely Baltimore. There is plenty and i do mean plenty of high quality pussy for the purposes of flings out there to be had. Heaven forbid you live in Cali, South Florida, or? NYC the talent out there is unreal and all you have to do is your part to reel her in. Like i said earlier I had about 150 lays before tinder and match. I grinded it out for those lays. Lotta wasted time. Tinder spoils me, because although my night and day game is hella proficient tinder gives me access to women i otherwise would miss because they don't hang where i hang or they are homebodies

Quote: (12-16-2018 05:14 PM)quaker13 Wrote:  

Quote: (12-16-2018 04:39 PM)Aenema Wrote:  

Not sure where you live but I alternate between DC and Philly mainly, rarely Baltimore. There is plenty and i do mean plenty of high quality pussy for the purposes of flings out there to be had. Heaven forbid you live in Cali, South Florida, or? NYC the talent out there is unreal and all you have to do is your part to reel her in. Like i said earlier I had about 150 lays before tinder and match. I grinded it out for those lays. Lotta wasted time. Tinder spoils me, because although my night and day game is hella proficient tinder gives me access to women i otherwise would miss because they don't hang where i hang or they are homebodies

Shit I alternate between DC and Philly too. Been more DC lately but I'm taking a job assignment in Philly beginning next year. When I used tinder a couple years ago, I rarely saw anything better than a 6 or 7, and just assumed hot girls didn't need it and deleted the apps and focused on real life. I guess I figured Dc and philly are the kind of places where girls can lockdown guys with a higher SMV than them as opposed to say, Miami, so there was no real reason for the hot ones to be on Tinder. But times change, I guess..