rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Is 40 the "magic" number?

As I am approaching this "dubious" age, I have sensed a change in thoughts , word , and deeds. Mind you, I am still quite receptive to whoring/gaming ( if the rewards are totally tilted in my favor) but I sense a void which seems to indicate some sort of instinctual awareness. I am wondering if "40" is the inherent "magic" number or just some generational concept implanted in the heads of males to have "it" (life) figured out. What do you guys think?

I am so because I am entering a world of self doubt and mild depression. 10 days until my 29th birthday.

I feel like I squandered my 20's but I have no debt, 50k worth of my mortgage paid, health insurance, car and a solid job with future potential. I think maybe what I wasted was my years of doing foolish things, since I was trying to accomplish the aforementioned.

Interested to hear your thoughts as you are a decade ahead of me.

I actually just told someone yesterday, I wonder if in 10 years.. at 39.. Will I say 'it was worth it'. I am glad I acted maturely and responsibly.

Quote: (10-06-2011 08:59 AM)Pusscrook Wrote:  

As I am approaching this "dubious" age, I have sensed a change in thoughts , word , and deeds. Mind you, I am still quite receptive to whoring/gaming ( if the rewards are totally tilted in my favor) but I sense a void which seems to indicate some sort of instinctual awareness. I am wondering if "40" is the inherent "magic" number or just some generational concept implanted in the heads of males to have "it" (life) figured out. What do you guys think?

it doesnt really seem like it but 29 is still young. you are in a great position because you have some money and you are single and not attached. you can do whatever you want. what do you mean by the foolish things you did in your 20's? newsflash - everyone does foolish things in their 20's and lots of them. heck, i'm in my mid thirties and my 20's is like a wild blur of a party, but i wouldnt trade it for anything

Quote: (10-06-2011 10:34 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

G, that song is for guys hitting 30. What about guys hitting 40? Or do you think that the same concept applies to men no matter their age?

One thing I do know, is that if you keep in shape as you age you'll look 10 years younger at the very least. So keep in shape pusscrook and you'll be good till 48.

Contributor at Return of Kings.  I got banned from twatter, which is run by little bitches and weaklings. You can follow me on Gab.

Be sure to check out the easiest mining program around, FreedomXMR.

As I am approaching this "dubious" age, I have sensed a change in thoughts , word , and deeds.

Can you elaborate on these "changes"?

How is 40 year old Pusscrook different then 30 year old Pusscrook?

Thanks

Quote: (10-06-2011 12:36 PM)Brian Wrote:  

it doesnt really seem like it but 29 is still young. you are in a great position because you have some money and you are single and not attached. you can do whatever you want. what do you mean by the foolish things you did in your 20's? newsflash - everyone does foolish things in their 20's and lots of them. heck, i'm in my mid thirties and my 20's is like a wild blur of a party, but i wouldnt trade it for anything

I'm saying I didn't do enough crazy things and I am regretting it.

Quote: (10-06-2011 01:25 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

As I am approaching this "dubious" age, I have sensed a change in thoughts , word , and deeds.

Can you elaborate on these "changes"?

How is 40 year old Pusscrook different then 30 year old Pusscrook?

Thanks

Well, Gio,
I am not yet 40, but it is approaching. Without writing a "dear Abby" novel, I can tell you that there is a significant difference in the degree of focus and realization when you have been thru some of the "rings of life".

In my 20's I approached everything with reckless abandon. Sex, drugs, drinking, and spending money like it grew on trees. I swear my name was "paypal" if you would have asked these whores. In my early 30's , I transitioned out of that stage and morphed into something of a self-absorbed ego-maniac. I had a nasty case of "I am that I am " syndrome and the money and pride was overwhelming my senses. Every decision was calculated based on domination. You would have thought I was the only human living in this world. In my late 30's ( where I am now),I decided to alter my perception of life, but hang on to some of that selfish person when it came to whores , hence I still game whores by lying, feigning weakness, disregarding their feelings, and pursuant to getting what I want, discarding them as if they were carcasses that buzzards would pass on.

Just the same as there is a time and a season for everything, I sense a change, not because I am done whoring, but I find myself questioning myself about life a lot more than I did in my past. Things like truth, health, security, and the meaning of life itself tend to pop up more than usual. I could fuck a chick tonight, get away with some foul shit, and would lay there and find myself asking the question of , why did I fuck the whore in the first place. THis would never happen in my 20's or early 30's.I could act as if I have no soul (if you believe in such) and show the world that I don't care, but , then it nags me, and I have the sense that I need to purge it. I could be a selfish prick and not share any knowledge , but then if I see someone in need of advice about life, I try to give it without asking for anything in return. This is all new to me, and I sense the struggle to do other things is becoming more and more relevant to me in life. Just seems as if there is a heightened sense of relevancy as opposed to urgency if you know what I mean. I'll cut it here lest I start rambling on about how I think my dick is shrinking as I get older too. Can you say paranoia?

So, just wanted to know if anyone else feels a change in reference to your age, or are you impervious to it all?
Pusscrook

Puss,

Thanks for elaorating. It sounds like you are experiencing a slight change in perspective. I too have noticed changesd in my thinking over the years. "They" say a few decades of experience will do this. We become less extreme, more even tempered, hopefully a little wiser. This is what older guys have told me. Pimps become preachers. Assholes soften their stance. Maybe we seek some type of spirituality as death creeps closer.

I think its important to remain open minded to it. At the end of the day, happiness is what counts I think. Whatever that means to you.

I have no doubt that you will continue to bang ho's until it stops making you happy.

If, and when, that happens, you can make the neccasary adjustments.

Quote: (10-06-2011 02:45 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Puss,

Thanks for elaorating. It sounds like you are experiencing a slight change in perspective. I too have noticed changesd in my thinking over the years. "They" say a few decades of experience will do this. We become less extreme, more even tempered, hopefully a little wiser. This is what older guys have told me. Pimps become preachers. Assholes soften their stance. Maybe we seek some type of spirituality as death creeps closer.

I think its important to remain open minded to it. At the end of the day, happiness is what counts I think. Whatever that means to you.

I have no doubt that you will continue to bang ho's until it stops making you happy.

If, and when, that happens, you can make the neccasary adjustments.

What changes have you noticed?

Quote: (10-06-2011 01:56 PM)amistod Wrote:  

Quote: (10-06-2011 12:36 PM)Brian Wrote:  

I'm saying I didn't do enough crazy things and I am regretting it.

you are 29 and single. what do you define as crazy? make a list of 5 things you define as crazy then do one a month for the next 6 months. and another thing - the crazy life isnt for everyone. some people can go on a 2 day bender and do a bunch of wild shit and go to work on monday and get on w/their lives, some cant and get themselves into trouble. crazy means different things to different people. but if you feel like you haven't really been 'living' then start. take Roosh for example - i think he's early 30's, so he didnt quit his day job he was around 29 or so. you're not too young to do anything, and more importantly you aren't anchored anywhere w/a wife, kid, or debt. a lot of people with one or more of those 3 anchors would envy you.

Quote: (10-06-2011 03:04 PM)Pusscrook Wrote:  

Well, first I will use one of your quotes..

Quote: (10-06-2011 02:22 PM)Pusscrook Wrote:  

Just seems as if there is a heightened sense of relevancy as opposed to urgency if you know what I mean.

I think I do know what you mean, I only want to spend time on things that are important to me. I am not in a rush to do a million things. I only want to do 2 or 3 things but do them well.

I have no desire to do things that don't make me happy or don't benefit me in some way. I put my own happiness above almost anything else in the world. I have actually become more selfish, but in a postive way.

Here are a few others:

I don't waste as much time "chasing" girls. If she is not feeling me from the beginning, I will move on quicky.

I have my temper more under control. I am much more pateint.

I have become more aware of my natural strenghs and weaknesses.

This reminds me of the famous quote from the movie "Colors".

2 male bulls look over at a group of female cows, the young bull says.."lets run over there and fuck one of them"

The older bull replys..

"We could run down there and fuck one of them, or we could walk down there a fuck them all"

I'm starting to feel more like the older bull.

Quote: (10-06-2011 03:33 PM)Giovonny Wrote:  

Quote: (10-06-2011 03:04 PM)Pusscrook Wrote:  

Well, first I will use one of your quotes..

Quote: (10-06-2011 02:22 PM)Pusscrook Wrote:  

Just seems as if there is a heightened sense of relevancy as opposed to urgency if you know what I mean.

I have no desire to do things that don't make me happy or don't benefit me in some way. I put my own happiness above almost anything else in the world. I have actually become more selfish, but in a postive way.

Here are a few others:

I don't waste as much time "chasing" girls. If she is not feeling me from the beginning, I will move on quicky.

"We could run down there and fuck one of them, or we could walk down there a fuck them all"

I'm starting to feel more like the older bull.

Exactly! This is what is happening to me too.As much patience as I have discovered now, is as impatient I have become when dealing with stupid bitches. Whoever said "patience is a virtue", must not have had a lot of a stupid bitches to deal with. Sometimes when I am gouging a piece of puss, I start thinking "could this be my wife/girl"? Then I remember how much of a spoiled brat she is, or how much she toyed with me with dumb ass text messages. I think I have used up every excuse in the book to not deal with a bitch who I know will test my patience. I don't know what will happen, but as I approach that magic number, I sense more inner turmoil coming on.

It all depends on the person and how you feel.
I am in my 40's, I am in the best shape of my life after years of lifting weights. Most guys I work with are in there 20's and 30's, they ALL have bellies and most are losing there hair. I laugh at most of them because they feel by a certain age they will have certain things (management job, house, wife and kids). Life does not always work out that way, so my advice is to enjoy each day. It seems common now to hear about men in there 30's having heart attacks and dying of cancer which is sad.

30 is a great age, you can deal with almost any girl you want of any age group. I will say the 30's went very quick for me but why get hung up on your age.

Our New Blog:

http://www.repstylez.com

Quote: (10-06-2011 12:55 PM)Samseau Wrote:  

Quote: (10-06-2011 10:34 AM)thegmanifesto Wrote:  

G, that song is for guys hitting 30. What about guys hitting 40? Or do you think that the same concept applies to men no matter their age?

One thing I do know, is that if you keep in shape as you age you'll look 10 years younger at the very least. So keep in shape pusscrook and you'll be good till 48.

Well, the track is called "30 Something".

And it came out when he was 37 years old.

So I think it applies.

Well, there's the little matter that we disappear completely and forever, and no one will remember us, ha ha!

Soon after that, there will be no one who remembers anyone who remembers us. Oblivion is complete.

Over 50 here.

Quote: (10-07-2011 01:15 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  

Well, there's the little matter that we disappear completely and forever, and no one will remember us, ha ha!

Soon after that, there will be no one who remembers anyone who remembers us. Oblivion is complete.

Over 50 here.
Next year I turn 40,in August to be exact. I'm at the stage where I can say experience has given me perspective. I still do the same things but am less tolerant of bullshit. I know what I know and I have seen what I have seen and know not only what works but how to make it work;if you get me.
In a sense 40 is the magic number-you have the newly acquired skills
and the youth to use them.

Quote: (10-07-2011 05:33 AM)afronoob Wrote:  

Quote: (10-07-2011 01:15 AM)iknowexactly Wrote:  
Next year I turn 40,in August to be exact. I'm at the stage where I can say experience has given me perspective. I still do the same things but am less tolerant of bullshit. I know what I know and I have seen what I have seen and know not only what works but how to make it work;if you get me.
In a sense 40 is the magic number-you have the newly acquired skills
and the youth to use them.

I wonder how many men approaching 40, shift the focus from gaming a bitch to courting a partner ?

I cant really see myself changing too much from here on out. Im 25 now.....

Quote: (10-07-2011 07:59 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

I cant really see myself changing too much from here on out. Im 25 now.....

Hell, @ 25 , if someone had asked me about a "g-spot", I would have thought they were referring to a loan. Crazy things start happening after 35 I tell you.

When I was in my 30's my mindset was upgrade, upgrade, upgrade. I would start looking for a better house five days after I bought the last one. I had plans to build an Industrial park and was about ready to cash in.

Guess what happened? I had a loan approved for 1.2 mil site plan good to go and then it came to a screaching halt. even if I started the park it would have been halted by the second draw.

At this point I'm happy with raising my daughter and making some cash in my primary business.

Quote: (10-07-2011 09:03 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

When I was in my 30's my mindset was upgrade, upgrade, upgrade. I would start looking for a better house five days after I bought the last one. I had plans to build an Industrial park and was about ready to cash in.

Guess what happened? I had a loan approved for 1.2 mil site plan good to go and then it came to a screaching halt. even if I started the park it would have been halted by the second draw.

At this point I'm happy with raising my daughter and making some cash in my primary business.

EL, I know what you mean. I think after 30 or so , you realize 2 things.
1. What your priorities are.
2. There's only so much time, and so much of you to go around.

Quote: (10-07-2011 09:13 AM)Pusscrook Wrote:  

True. One more thing that didn't matter to me before was a girls cooking skills.
FOR YOU YOUNG CATS LISTEN UP!!!!

If a woman can't cook or wants praise if she does she is worthless!!!!!

We need food to live! If she makes a big deal out of it every other thing will be wrong with her as well. It will just be a matter of time before it all comes out.

Quote: (10-07-2011 10:18 AM)el mechanico Wrote:  

Quote: (10-07-2011 09:13 AM)Pusscrook Wrote:  

True. One more thing that didn't matter to me before was a girls cooking skills.
FOR YOU YOUNG CATS LISTEN UP!!!!

If a woman can't cook or wants praise if she does she is worthless!!!!!

We need food to live! If she makes a big deal out of it every other thing will be wrong with her as well. It will just be a matter of time before it all comes out.

Preach it Brother El.hahahah

I think there is an inevitable shift in thinking as one gets older. When I was younger, I was more reckless and impulsive and I couldn't temper my emotions to really see things from a rational perspective.

I wanted to do a thousand things at once and was more impressionable. As I've gotten older, I've let things assimilate for themselves and my emotions are not so raw.

It seems to me as one gets older, life begins to replay itself. It's like watching the same movie again. How people react in a situation..I am usually able to determine the root cause for their behaviour and I am able to pick and choose as to which life events I decide to participate in.

As Giovonny said, I feel life is too short for me to do things I don't want to do.
When I was younger, I used to try and do different things to try and broaden my horizon and would stick at these things for an extended period of time to allow assimilation.

Right now, I feel I make better choices and I feel the older we get as males, we will continue make even better choices based on knowledge coupled with instinct provided that we continue to associate with progressive people which will, by proxy, update ourselves regularly.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards